ADVERTISEMENT

ESL- The best in the state

So why even bother being part of the conference? Let them kick you out when you petition up and just play Missouri teams. Y’all think they are so great anyway.

I'll have to disagree with the mix of two only because the swc has never been an advocate for esl. So to say they are trying to facilitate esl getting a state championship doesn't jive with their past decisions and comments regarding esl

So the conference would rather have no titles than have ESL win one?
Um the conf would rather not have esl at all! There is alot of talk about all the swc school leaving and forming their own conf without esl.

There is no affinity for esl in the swc conf office. There has been nothing to suggest the conf cares at all about esl being successful

Reactions: Gene K.
So why even bother being part of the conference? Let them kick you out when you petition up and just play Missouri teams. Y’all think they are so great anyway.
Lol not a single person who lives in Illinois, wsp southern Ill, thinks Missouri football is good

********Breaking News*************

ESL to be renamed “He(They) Hates Me”. Back to your silly ass whining!

Um the conf would rather not have esl at all! There is alot of talk about all the swc school leaving and forming their own conf without esl.

There is no affinity for esl in the swc conf office. There has been nothing to suggest the conf cares at all about esl being successful

We don’t think they’re great. YOU think they are. We already told you that Cardinal-Ritter is an understudy of ours in terms of football.

You thought BB was Bradley. You don't know Illinois football.
You can grasp on to that minor oversight to ignore the fact I have disproved every one of your opinions that you keep passing off as facts

Your hypocrisy is becoming increasingly evident..you listed nv and batavia as two good wins for other schools, and not even two posts later said esl doesnt have ANY comparable wins, when they beat both of those teams. Like I said, it's either trolling or you are just being willfully ignorant

I'd imagine that if esl had lost to ritter (then overturned on forfeit), these same people propping up naz would sing a different tune.

Reactions: TigerforFlyers
You can grasp on to that minor oversight to ignore the fact I have disproved every one of your opinions that you keep passing off as facts

Your hypocrisy is becoming increasingly evident..you listed nv and batavia as two good wins for other schools, and not even two posts later said esl doesnt have ANY comparable wins, when they beat both of those teams. Like I said, it's either trolling or you are just being willfully ignorant
You haven't disproven anything. Only proven my point that any win ESL has is eclipsed by other teams. I ask again which win says ESL is the best?

And thinking BB means Bradley in this particular thread isn't a tiny oversight. It's like thinking UNC-Greensboro is the best college basketball team in North Carolina.

Who’s even arguing Naz is better?
Snake has posted multiple times citing naz wins, among other schools. It just so happens that naz lost a game on the field that got overturned and he thinks that's better than esl winning by 2 or even 22.

I’ll take your recruiting issues anytime if you’d care to switch. You get to keep the dogshit brown colors though.[/QUOTE]

You can call me old and disagree with me all you want, but your comment about my school colors has set you aside as someone I will never respect. Brown is the color of the scapular that is the foundation of the Carmelite fathers. It has represented my school for 119 years and is the significant color for both Carmel (Mundelein) and Joliet Catholic --both of which have Carmelite foundations..

That line can't be recrossed.

Last edited:
So is Ritter really ESL's "little brother"? Like do they have that much exposure?

This is a funny thread to read because I have a couple Flyer guys on "Ignore", it's like you guys are having an argument with the invisible man :D:D:D:D reading through this thread.

Although I will most likely be rooting for ESL to win convincingly, it just won't feel satisfying unless ESL also has 200+ yards in penalties. :D

Reactions: Bowie50
Snake has posted multiple times citing naz wins, among other schools. It just so happens that naz lost a game on the field that got overturned and he thinks that's better than esl winning by 2 or even 22.
A non Naz person is arguing so you guys go HAM on Naz? Makes perfect sense. A one loss team could be the best team in the state at the end of the year, so a loss week 1 doesn’t necessarily doom someone. I’d say it’s pretty darn unlikely Naz ends up #1 regardless of what happens in the other games and that’s perfectly acceptable.

Reactions: Gene K.
This is a funny thread to read because I have a couple Flyer guys on "Ignore", it's like you guys are having an argument with the invisible man :D:D:D:D reading through this thread.

Although I will most likely be rooting for ESL to win convincingly, it just won't feel satisfying unless ESL also has 200+ yards in penalties. :D
You’re a smart man, I’m about to join you.

A non Naz person is arguing so you guys go HAM on Naz? Makes perfect sense. A one loss team could be the best team in the state at the end of the year, so a loss week 1 doesn’t necessarily doom someone. I’d say it’s pretty darn unlikely Naz ends up #1 regardless of what happens in the other games and that’s perfectly acceptable.
You haven't said anything I disagree with. I dont think, necessarily 1 loss means you aren't the beat team. But when someone suggests a 2pt win is indicative of a team not being good, or a 22pt win is indicative of a team not being that good, and then proceeds to prop up a team that actually lost and suggests they are better?? Not sound logic

Reactions: TigerforFlyers
I said Naz is better? I think the problem may be your reading comprehension. I said ESL doesn't have an on field argument, only that you have a lot of kids with offers and you "look" better than teams. But we know the "looks better" argument doesn't work, NV showed that.

I said Naz is better? I think the problem may be your reading comprehension. I said ESL doesn't have an on field argument, only that you have a lot of kids with offers and you "look" better than teams. But we know the "looks better" argument doesn't work, NV showed that.
Which quote should I pull up from you....

The one you applauded hf for beating nv and then said esl hasn't beat anyone?

How about propping up naz for beating batavia by 14, and continuing to say esl hasn't beat anyone, even though they beat batavia by 14.

What about classifying brother rice, Marist, and bolingbrook as good wins, while at the same time giving esl no credit for beating eville who had a better record and more playoff points than all three of those teams

Or discrediting esl sos even though it's better than two higher class teams playing for state on saturday.

Feel free to address and clarify any of those highly hypocritical points you made so I can see which arbitrary data point you will use next. Mind you, I've provided tangible objective data for you to consider, not who looks best

It’s the only one that has a chance to be self supporting. In other words they need you more than you need them for the other sports...call their bluff and you’ll certainly find a home. Y’all are already going to chitown 3 plus times a season anyway or heading OOS.

football isn’t the only sport sir

It’s the only one that has a chance to be self supporting. In other words they need you more than you need them for the other sports...call their bluff and you’ll certainly find a home. Y’all are already going to chitown 3 plus times a season anyway or heading OOS.
It will all be moot come 2021, at least for football. It will be a sacrificial Saturday's when esl has to play mascoutah, triad, Columbia every week

ESL was one of the founding members. Too much history for the Alumni.

I think his point is non ESL started the original claim and now ESL people have to defend it. Very similar
I love how people interject them selves in a convo coming in on their high horse. Snakes has spent his entire night dragging esl through the mudd but ole Bret thought it necessary to call out esl fans and remind them not to speak I'll of another team

Probably should have used all the schools and not just one. I see your point.
I know you do. Tez does. F4Life does.

These other two are just flailing madly, and likely making their situation worse in the eyes of others.

Complaining about how others are not fighting for your cause, then attacking them, will not attract help.

I love how people interject them selves in a convo coming in on their high horse. Snakes has spent his entire night dragging esl through the mudd but ole Bret thought it necessary to call out esl fans and remind them not to speak I'll of another team
No, don't start call out threads of a team for an argument made by some random.

Which quote should I pull up from you....

The one you applauded hf for beating nv and then said esl hasn't beat anyone?

How about propping up naz for beating batavia by 14, and continuing to say esl hasn't beat anyone, even though they beat batavia by 14.

What about classifying brother rice, Marist, and bolingbrook as good wins, while at the same time giving esl no credit for beating eville who had a better record and more playoff points than all three of those teams

Or discrediting esl sos even though it's better than two higher class teams playing for state on saturday.

Feel free to address and clarify any of those highly hypocritical points you made so I can see which arbitrary data point you will use next. Mind you, I've provided tangible objective data for you to consider, not who looks best
Pull up any quote.

If you want credit for beating NV you also have to credit H-F, seems pretty obvious.

If you want credit for beating Batavia by 14 you also have to credit Naz, seems pretty obvious.

If you want credit for beating Edwardsville you also have to credit Minooka, seems pretty obvious.

Rice, Marist, and BB all went farther than Edwardsville in the same class and all have better wins. Plus you thought BB was Bradley. Seems pretty obvious.

ESL's sos is okay. But they don't have any wins against top teams and their best playoff win could be against a team Huntley beat, but Huntley won't get a championship for the same feat.

Your only goal is to argue that ESL is the best. You would say it no matter what the facts are. Hell, you're doing it now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT