ADVERTISEMENT

ESL- The best in the state

I don't understand that argument either. ESL took the long road trip up to Naperville and beat a solid 8A team on their home field, which is a significant home field advantage, because the field is grass. Was the ESL defense at their best that day? I'm going to say no, but as I've stated on here previously, no team brings their A game every game. ESL was tested in this game on the road against a quality team with an excellent QB and passed the test. This game strikes me as an anomaly for them defensively. But, we are all entitled to our opinions.

Precisely!!!
-5 Hour Road Trip for a Friday Night AWAY Game
-No practices allowed that week due to heat advisory
-An overconfident defense (15-17 yr old kids) coming off first two dominant wins of the season
-Pretty good Neuqua Valley Team (only regular season loss to ESL)
-Grass Field with Turf Cleats
-Two Lineman not allowed to play (one being the number 10 kid in the state)
Scored 50 points regardless..........
Allowed the most points and the closest game all season

Next Game with Similar Scenario (Another 8A opponent)
-Opponent needed to win in order to make the playoffs
-THE RESULTS SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES

NC fans mumble, "We've never had a running clock put on us before."

You mean to tell me that LWE didn't put you guys away like the Flyers of 2019??

ESL again after all that talk on here is the best in the state it's called the eye test after they blowout PR sat people will come on here with some other excuse but this year and this year only ESL is the best

ESL again after all that talk on here is the best in the state it's called the eye test after they blowout PR sat people will come on here with some other excuse but this year and this year only ESL is the best
That’s purely speculative.... we will never know. Bottom line.

Reactions: Gene K.
Seems to be the going trend of some Illinois schools this year, to celebrate hypothetical and technical wins.... LOL

NAZ specifically knows........

Why are you making me defend Naz?

Not a player, coach or fan is hanging their hat on Naz carrying the best in state crown. It’s LWE, Warren or ESL.

[QUOTE="TigerforFlyers, post: 229616, member: 20773"You just rest on your laurels......[/QUOTE]

I don’t think that means what you think it means, but ok?

We all know.

You just rest on your laurels......
Not resting on anything actually, there is absolutely no denying the talent level ESL possesses. The point is, whoever wins 7a and 8a would have the ability to beat ESL on any given day. All things being equal, I believe ESL could beat the eventual 7 and 8a champ(s) on a given day.

ESL is very very talented no doubt! Maybe best in the state this year, but trophies have not been handed out yet.
The amount of work and production he gets from his players is to be commended. I hope they have zero weaknesses because PR will find and exploit it. This week his D is getting a crash course in the the triple option. Hope they are a quick study.

Precisely!!!
-No practices allowed that week due to heat advisory
-An overconfident defense (15-17 yr old kids) coming off first two dominant wins of the season
-Pretty good Neuqua Valley Team (only regular season loss to ESL)
-Grass Field with Turf Cleats
-Two Lineman not allowed to play (one being the number 10 kid in the state)
Scored 50 points regardless..........
Allowed the most points and the closest game all season

Next Game with Similar Scenario (Another 8A opponent)
-Opponent needed to win in order to make the playoffs
-THE RESULTS SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES

NC fans mumble, "We've never had a running clock put on us before."

You mean to tell me that LWE didn't put you guys away like the Flyers of 2019??

Congratulations. You won a few games after a long commute. Just stop replying to people. You are obnoxious.

ESL gets bounced in the quarters / Semis this season if they play in 7A or 8A.
Lol yea I'm going to go out on a limb and say that's highly unlikely. But you are entitled to your opinion. They are the highest/only ranked team in Illinois according to USA today. Highest ranked irrespective of class according to TO. They dominated a 7a team on the road that made it to the 7a quarters....

This whole thing is so subjective. Any team can win on any day. ESL, LWE, Naz, Etc.. out of those schools who has the most championships in the past 6 years?? Who's been the most dominate in the state regardless of class?

Lol yea I'm going to go out on a limb and say that's highly unlikely. But you are entitled to your opinion. They are the highest/only ranked team in Illinois according to USA today. Highest ranked irrespective of class according to TO. They dominated a 7a team on the road that made it to the 7a quarters....

Based on what Warren and LWE have done this year if they are not on the list the list is a farce.

This whole thing is so subjective. Any team can win on any day. ESL, LWE, Naz, Etc.. out of those schools who has the most championships in the past 6 years?? Who's been the most dominate in the state regardless of class?

2019!!!!!

Congrats to the Flyers for earning national recognition. Well deserved!

Congrats to all of the teams playing in the finals this weekend!!! No one makes it this far without a great group of guys. Special congrats to LWE, Warren, MC, and ESL for a perfect season thus far!! This will be a great weekend consisting of a lot of great match ups!

Here-Here!!

Congrats to all of the teams playing in the finals this weekend!!! No one makes it this far without a great group of guys. Special congrats to LWE, Warren, MC, and ESL for a perfect season thus far!! This will be a great weekend consisting of a lot of great match ups!

Here-Here!!
There we go! That’s the spirit! Don’t boast. Be humble.

Based on what Warren and LWE have done this year if they are not on the list the list is a farce.
They have had great years for sure. But my point was specifically about esl vs the field. I think we are getting out over our skis a little bit to say that a (the only) nationally ranked team in the state is somehow not even really a top 16 team in the state

ESL has done plenty and I'm not saying they shouldn't be on this list.

Warren has given up 40 points on D and scored 60 points on D. That is dominant.

LWE just does LWE shit, crushing everyone in their path.

MC has had a great year also!!

So if Prairie Ridge wins they are obviously the best team in the state.

This conversation has evolved, but I’ll entertain you.

That simply would mean that ESL could not be the best team in the state, and all the rankings would reflect that, both state and national.

Huntley took PR out of the consideration. Blame them.

Last edited:
Reactions: crusader_of_90
@mchsalumni

So what happens on the board if, god forbid, Naz Clocks MC?

Not going to change my mind based on what I have seen from the top 5 teams this year. That Naz loss in week 1 while not on the books, still happened. At home. Naz is unreal and top 5 but not 1 this season.

And no chance MC clocks Naz.

This conversation has evolved, but I’ll entertain you.

That simply would mean that ESL could not be the best team in the state, and all the rankings would reflect that, both state and national.

Huntley took PR out of the consideration. Blame them.
Being undefeated shouldn't be the end all determination. It certainly isn't in College rankings. It is highly considered but not a disqualification. So they lost to an 8A team if they then beat the number 1 ranked team in the state and 23rd in the nation then they should get the nod. Rankings are a moment in time and if they get the W then they should be considered the best in the state because they beat the best at the time.

@mchsalumni

I’m not lobbying for Naz to be #1...just asking about a board meltdown if Naz clocks MC.

I read that backward in your original post. If a lowly 5A school beats MC by more than 21 the South Side will burn to the ground. If there is a running clock it would be armageddon.

I set my early line at Naz -16.5 and sticking there.

Being undefeated shouldn't be the end all determination. It certainly isn't in College rankings. It is highly considered but not a disqualification. So they lost to an 8A team if they then beat the number 1 ranked team in the state and 23rd in the nation then they should get the nod. Rankings are a moment in time and if they get the W then they should be considered the best in the state because they beat the best at the time.

Okay.

I can kinda follow your reasoning, but something tells me that you will have to travel uphill in both directions to gain a consensus on this board with it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT