ADVERTISEMENT

ESL- The best in the state

I can kinda follow your reasoning, but something tells me that you will have to travel uphill in both directions to gain a consensus on this board with it.
Not looking for consensus just throwing it out there. They give the gold medal to the winner of the final event, what happened prior to that is irrelevant. The best is standing at the top of the podium.

Lol yea I'm going to go out on a limb and say that's highly unlikely. But you are entitled to your opinion. They are the highest/only ranked team in Illinois according to USA today. Highest ranked irrespective of class according to TO. They dominated a 7a team on the road that made it to the 7a quarters....
I think ESL strength right now is their ability to control the line of scrimmage. I’ve watched a few games on you tube, and the defensive line in particular stands out to me. Also, if I’m not mistaken Powell is healthy this year during the playoffs. However, what I will say! If there was ever a year, this is the year MC matches up well against anyone. Lynch is the High School version of Aaron Rogers. Defensively, we are far better than last year.

I’ll just be happy with a win this weekend. MC has knocked on the door previously, and fallen short. If Odeluga can rush for over 100 yards this weekend, I’m confident that I’ll be one happy man.

I read that backward in your original post. If a lowly 5A school beats MC by more than 21 the South Side will burn to the ground. If there is a running clock it would be armageddon.

I set my early line at Naz -16.5 and sticking there.
You couldn’t have possibly been to an MC game this year. I stopped by the Naz/ ND game and I’ve really been trying to figure out what makes you so confident in your predictions. I just don’t see the logic... I’m sorry!

I think ESL strength right now is their ability to control the line of scrimmage. I’ve watched a few games on you tube, and the defensive line in particular stands out to me. Also, if I’m not mistaken Powell is healthy this year during the playoffs. However, what I will say! If there was ever a year, this is the year MC matches up well against anyone. Lynch is the High School version of Aaron Rogers. Defensively, we are far better than last year.

I’ll just be happy with a win this weekend. MC has knocked on the door previously, and fallen short. If Odeluga can rush for over 100 yards this weekend, I’m confident that I’ll be one happy man.
He is. He was hurt last year vs MC (not the reason they lost that game) mc was probably the only team last year who could match up with esl atheltically

Reactions: sivada2001

Many may not agree, but in the previous two years in which you guys beat us, I think it took a lot out of you guys and factored in the week following. Had we won, we likely would have had the same results also with more players out on injury.

Our matchups with you guys had just been tough ones on both teams.

What do you mean by that? MC is undefeated this year and has won 12 state championships. They have more than previously knocked on the door, they have barged through it on numerous occasions.

Reactions: Gene K.
What do you mean by that? MC is undefeated this year and has won 12 state championships. They have more than previously knocked on the door, they have barged through it on numerous occasions.
I was just speaking in terms of the last two semi final appearances...

Reactions: USD24
You couldn’t have possibly been to an MC game this year. I stopped by the Naz/ ND game and I’ve really been trying to figure out what makes you so confident in your predictions. I just don’t see the logic... I’m sorry!

I was at 3 MC games this year. 13-6 at halftime over Willowbrook, which was a two man team, doesn't foster much confidence. Beating Montini by a touchdown doesn't help either.

Naz beat the dogshit out of NND, a top 5 defensive team in the state. Help me understand how beating a great defensive team 21-0 makes you so confident Naz isn't the real deal?

I was at 3 MC games this year. 13-6 at halftime over Willowbrook, which was a two man team, doesn't foster much confidence. Beating Montini by a touchdown doesn't help either.

Naz beat the dogshit out of NND, a top 5 defensive team in the state. Help me understand how beating a great defensive team 21-0 makes you so confident Naz isn't the real deal?

I would not agree with that assessment. Naz really only scored one offensive touchdown in that game. They had a pick 6 and then scored a garbage TD on long run on basically the last play of the game. I am not saying Naz isnt good, because that was a good NND defense, but the 21-0 score is a bit misleading.

I would not agree with that assessment. Naz really only scored one offensive touchdown in that game. They had a pick 6 and then scored a garbage TD on long run on basically the last play of the game. I am not saying Naz isnt good, because that was a good NND defense, but the 21-0 score is a bit misleading.

Maybe misleading but they controlled the game, which is what you need to do against a great defense.

I think both teams have strengths in key areas, they match up well. This game will be determined by who makes the least amount of mistakes, and the Coaches adjustments. Also, I just don’t see them being able to handle MC’s defensive pressure. ND played a soft zone the majority of the game and couldn’t get any pressure. I can assure you that will not happen Saturday...

The -16 is just disrespectful...

Maybe misleading but they controlled the game, which is what you need to do against a great defense.

I would agree with that. At no time did I feel that NND was gonna score. Even when they had a long play to get inside the 5, I did not feel like NND was going to score. I came away from that game as impressed with the Naz defense as the NND defense.

ESL plays a softer schedule against smaller teams (no fault of their own).

They are fantastic. They can win out. But they can’t claim best in state because they weren’t as tested as LWE, Warren, CCL teams.

Same argument use to happen in college football. Same result, people provided feedback but never were able to convenience a dissenting opinion.

Reactions: TigerforFlyers

They are fantastic. They can win out. But they can’t claim best in state because they weren’t as tested as LWE, Warren, CCL teams.

Same argument use to happen in college football. Same result, people provided feedback but never were able to convenience a dissenting opinion.

Oh Boy............:cool::cool:;):cool::cool:

Others seem to disagree.

https://usatodayhss.com/rankings/ex...JODeYWmb7nTcQhW7170cS7m7fC9ZBMzSUsjTl1IEgNNDU

I do not care if ESL wins by 100 or 1. AS long as they win, People are getting confused as to margin of victory. AS long as it says W. I can live with that most coaches would agree.
I agree. Who cares how it goes down as long as they win. Penalty yards??? Who cares. Just get the W and raise the trophy. Doesn't matter if ESL wins by 50 or 1 in overtime, a lot of folks on this board are going to criticize how they did it lol.

I have seen more whining by ESL fans on this one thread than I have seen by all of the private schools combined on this board the entire year. “Everything is so unfair to Poor Little ESL. Every body hates us. “ whether you think that is how you sound or not, that is exactly how you sound to most of us.

We get it, ESL is a really really good team this year and almost every year. Most on this board have a lot of respect for ESL and what they’ve done in the past 30 years or so. I never saw anyone and this board dispute that until A couple of guys started whining and thumping their chests.
You reap what you sow.

BTW I still do and always will have very much respect for the football program at ESL regardless of the outcome on Saturday.

Some of the ESL posters on here, maybe not so much!

Raise your hand if you never felt your team was adversely affected by poorly officiated game. It happens, get over it.

If you think you can do better become an official!!

Last edited:
I have seen more whining by ESL fans on this one thread than I have seen by all of the private schools combined on this board the entire year. “Everything is so unfair to Poor Little ESL. Every body hates us. “ whether you think that is how you sound or not. That is exactly how you sound to most of us.

We get it, ESL is a really really good team this year and almost every year. Most on this board have a lot of respect for ESL and what they’ve done in the past 30 years or so. I never saw anyone and this board dispute that until A couple of guys started whining and thumping their chests.
You reap what you sow.

BTW I still do and always will have very much respect for the football program at ESL regardless of the outcome on Saturday.

Some of the ESL posters on here, maybe not so much!

Raise your hand if you never felt your team was adversely affected by poorly officiated game. It happens, get over it.

If you think you can do better become an official!!

Are you late to every party???

This thread has shifted from ESL to MC vs. Naz and it’s just fine!

So, thanks, but no thanks! IMO, you could have just made your statements minus all the digs.

But FYI, you really should know that ESL people really can give 2 s**** what you think, especially about how we “sound” to you and others.

However, since some on here have strangely pounded their chests on margin of victory (with an emphasis on NV (ONLY), the statements regarding lop-sided officiating is ONLY to add context to the FACT that a lot of games are not as close as they appear by using the score as a reference only.

Last edited:
Reactions: Odirty
I would agree with that. At no time did I feel that NND was gonna score. Even when they had a long play to get inside the 5, I did not feel like NND was going to score. I came away from that game as impressed with the Naz defense as the NND defense.
If I am remembering correctly, one thing worth considering is that Notre Dame's starting running-back did not play that game. That seemed to affect Notre Dame's offense at the end of the season.

Are you late to every party???

Thanks, but no thanks! IMO, you could have just made your statements minus all the digs.

You really should know that ESL people really can give 2 s**** what you think, especially about how we “sound” to you and others.

Since some on here have insisted that the margin of victory is everything (NV), the emphasis on lop-sided officiating is ONLY to add context to the FACT that a lot of games are not as close as they appear by using the score as a reference only.
I dispute nothing you said about scores. I have seen many games where the score gets lopsided and the second or third teams go in and the team that is behind scores some garbage touchdowns and the game does not look as lopsided afterwards.

I watched PR lose a game that I think we should have won. A couple of officiating calls that didn’t go in our favor very well might have made the difference. It was a playoff game. I nor any other PR posters ever complained once. We accepted that the officials were doing the best they could.

In 2017 Cary grove lost to Prairie Ridge in the playoffs on a questionable non-call. A couple of Cary Grove posters mentioned it but didn’t wine for days about it. They accepted it and said congratulations.

it’s time to MoveOn.

I watched PR lose a game that I think we should have won. A couple of officiating calls that didn’t go in our favor very well might have made the difference. It was a playoff game. I nor any other PR posters ever complained once. We accepted that the officials were doing the best they could.

In 2017 Cary grove lost to Prairie Ridge in the playoffs on a questionable non-call. A couple of Cary Grove posters mentioned it but didn’t wine for days about it. They accepted it and said congratulations.

it’s time to MoveOn.

Still digging?

Are you suggesting that you guys have a better fan base??

If you feel it’s time for YOU, then YOU do just that....move on...

I read that backward in your original post. If a lowly 5A school beats MC by more than 21 the South Side will burn to the ground. If there is a running clock it would be armageddon.

I set my early line at Naz -16.5 and sticking there.

I'm curious.

Does anyone know how many actual boys (not multiplied) attend Naz, SR and MC

Based on that comment you dont seem to know much about esl.
East st louis is the smallest school in their conf. And they scheduled 3 non con games in chicago vs 7a and 8a teams. The other non con was vs a def mo state champ. Their schedule is not soft

East st louis is the smallest school in their conf. And they scheduled 3 non con games in chicago vs 7a and 8a teams. The other non con was vs a def mo state champ. Their schedule is not soft

Still digging?

I am not suggesting that PR’s fan base is any better than 99.9% of ESL fan base.

Take four deep breath‘s, each time you exhale relax your shoulders and breathe out slowly.

Don’t you feel better now?

Congrats to all of the teams playing in the finals this weekend!!! No one makes it this far without a great group of guys. Special congrats to LWE, Warren, MC, and ESL for a perfect season thus far!! This will be a great weekend consisting of a lot of great match ups!
Here-Here!!

This might be your best post of the year.

Congrats to all of the teams playing in the finals this weekend!!! No one makes it this far without a great group of guys. Special congrats to LWE, Warren, MC, and ESL for a perfect season thus far!! This will be a great weekend consisting of a lot of great match ups!

Here-Here!!

Here-Here!!

Oh, hey there, Big Guy!!!
So you CAN still see my posts.........
Boy, I make some great ones, don’t I??
I do, because I can back them up and I’m willing to teach you how to also.

I sent a message to you with a video that I’m still waiting for you to comment on. Let’s start there.

Boy I’m glad!!! I figured Lil Corey had taken his toys and gone home.

Last edited:
Still digging?

I am not suggesting that PR’s fan base is any better than 99.9% of ESL fan base.

Take four deep breath‘s, each time you exhale relax your shoulders and breathe out slowly.

Don’t you feel better now?

Oh, hey there, Big Guy!!!
So you CAN still see my posts.........
Boy, I make some great ones, don’t I??
I do, because I can back them up and I’m willing to teach you how to also.

I sent a message to you with a video that I’m still waiting for you to comment on. Let’s start there.

Boy I’m glad!!! I figured Lil Corey had taken his toys and gone home.

Not worth watching you already believe what you believe and their is nothing that is going to change your opinion.

Reactions: Gene K. and Bowie50
Not worth watching you already believe what you believe and their is nothing that is going to change your opinion.
We have the advantage of watching that in slow motion. The officials do not.
When I saw it at full speed it appeared to me as if the receiver caught the ball and his knee was down before the ball was taken away.
When I saw it in slow motion my mind didn’t change. What is the opinion of Posters who are unbiased?

We have the advantage of watching that in slow motion. The officials do not.
When I saw it at full speed it appeared to me as if the receiver caught the ball and his knee was down before the ball was taken away.
When I saw it in slow motion my mind didn’t change. What is the opinion of Posters who are unbiased?

Knee was down??? On a diving catch where both made a play on the ball???
Many have already shared and you are the FIRST to say the call was correct.

Hopefully a similar call will be made in the favor of ESL and you will congratulate the refs on a job well done.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT