ADVERTISEMENT

ESL- The best in the state

@TigerforFlyers

Agreed let’s keep it to Illinois football and not conflate this years Cardinal Ritter’s team that lost to last years Trinity team that ESL shutout this year. That’s Missouri football.

Not quite, it offered a certain perspective in terms of commonality. A reality that some refuse to grasp. Missouri is much closer in proximity to us than Chicagoland, so although they may be atypical to you guys, they aren’t to us. We’re kinda wedged between St. Louis metro battles and Chicago battles.

Not at all similar to bring up Mater Dei in California or even more ridiculous, Roll Tide!

Naz lost the battle, that’s all.

n

Last edited:
@TigerforFlyers

Come on man, I’m trying to give you the benefit of the doubt here and your pounding on games and teams from two different years. The transitive property in football is a terrible arguement to start with, but you are taking it to a different level.

Not quite, it offered a certain perspective in terms of commonality. A reality that some refuse to grasp. Missouri is much closer in proximity to us than Chicagoland, so although they may be atypical to you guys, they aren’t to us. We’re kinda of wedges between St. Louis metro battles and Chicago battles.

Naz lost the battle, that’s all.

Reactions: Bowie50
That was targeting.

Okay, so what about the video against Batavia??? Care to offer your edict on that one?

I imagine some feel as though I’m going overboard with responding, but the accepted negative narratives are BS.

ESL is an undisciplined program and ESL fans are just whiners.

Last edited:
Okay, so what about the video against Batavia??? Care to offer your edict on that one?

I imagine some feel as though I’m going overboard with responding, but the accepted negative narratives are BS.

ESL is an undisciplined program and ESL fans are just whiners.
It was an INT in the Batavia game.

I haven’t followed any narrative. Just saying that block was a targeting penalty.

Reactions: TigerforFlyers
@TigerforFlyers

He has experienced it while being a Naz fan. Remember what I said in my post you liked...we had to score 2-3 times to count one, sometimes the calls were legit like the targeting other times they were like the int at Batavia...you just have to deal with it and win.

Well just imagine how annoying it must be to experience it....

Im glad that you are “annoyed”.

Any more takers?? I’ve got all day.

Reactions: Gene K.
How dare someone suggest that ESL could lose. It’s true that ESL needed to stop a 2 pt conversion after giving up 48 to a powerhouse Neuqua team that made it all the way to the second round in 8a.

I understand it may be out of your control but playing in 6a will not allow ESL to answer those questions. You’re not gonna make everyone a believer here, stop insinuating that everyone that doesn’t see things the way you do must know nothing.

Well said Irish. I don’t think their is any reasoning here. They just want us to say yes your right. I will say it again. No one is feeling sorry for a team that commits as many penalties as your team does in every darn game. It’s got to be the Refs! They are out to get ESL. Not!

How dare someone suggest that ESL could lose. It’s true that ESL needed to stop a 2 pt conversion after giving up 48 to a powerhouse Neuqua team that made it all the way to the second round in 8a.

I understand it may be out of your control but playing in 6a will not allow ESL to answer those questions. You’re not gonna make everyone a believer here, stop insinuating that everyone that doesn’t see things the way you do must know nothing.

To be clear ESL didn’t need to stop a 2pt conversion. That would have tied a game that ESL lead the entire game after the first offensive possession for NV. Let’s not let the fact that those 3 mins were the only time ESL has trailed the entire season. They also traveled to Chicago three times this season and only trailed 3 mins. True it may not be impressive to you but It is to others.

What I can say with confidence is that not many teams can travel 4 plus hours three times in one year and best Batavia, NV and NC. Heck most of your teams struggled driving 30 minutes. It is what it is.

If I recall correctly ESL fans were telling us how great Neuqua Valley was and how they'd make noise in 8A. Really good team, but they needed Neuqua to make a run to have a case. H-F put an end to that.

To be clear ESL didn’t need to stop a 2pt conversion. That would have tied a game that ESL lead the entire game after the first offensive possession for NV. Let’s not let the fact that those 3 mins were the only time ESL has trailed the entire season. They also traveled to Chicago three times this season and only trailed 3 mins. True it may not be impressive to you but It is to others.

What I can say with confidence is that not many teams can travel 4 plus hours three times in one year and best Batavia, NV and NC. Heck most of your teams struggled driving 30 minutes. It is what it is.
And it was a Friday Am drive for 14-18 year olds trying to sit still ... losing the legs, played hard against a crew who celebrated their close loss and their outstanding play in a way only Rocky has before - same heart and class - and much better elocution. They played the game of their lives and I’m sure they will say the same and that’s the game they will toast years from now.

After that, the Flyers drove home.

Next?

If I recall correctly ESL fans were telling us how great Neuqua Valley was and how they'd make noise in 8A. Really good team, but they needed Neuqua to make a run to have a case. H-F put an end to that.

ESL didn’t need NV to do anything! They are fine where they are. They played and beat everyone that was in front of them. That’s all that was required.

NV lost to HF on the road. The same HF who only lost to LWE correct? If I’m NV I wouldn't see any shame in that. If I were them I would be proud. Great season.

I don’t think there’s any question that the flyers are an excellent 6A team. Your pride is understandable.

Reactions: Gene K.
ESL didn’t need NV to do anything! They are fine where they are. They played and beat everyone that was in front of them. That’s all that was required.

NV lost to HF on the road. The same HF who only lost to LWE correct? If I’m NV I wouldn't see any shame in that. If I were them I would be proud. Great season.
No shame in it at all, H-F is a great program. ESL needed NV to make a run and in all likelihood win 8A in order for ESL to have a reasonable shot at #1. I just don't ever judge a team by how they look against overmatched teams unless everyone is overmatched. NV proved everyone isn't overmatched. You don't get to claim better than H-F by beating Chatham. Unfortunately the SWC took the Naz and MC matchups off the table.

No shame in it at all, H-F is a great program. ESL needed NV to make a run and in all likelihood win 8A in order for ESL to have a reasonable shot at #1. I just don't ever judge a team by how they look against overmatched teams unless everyone is overmatched. NV proved everyone isn't overmatched. You don't get to claim better than H-F by beating Chatham. Unfortunately the SWC took the Naz and MC matchups off the table.

ESL is currently #23 USA Today and number 1 max preps. They didn’t need NV to do a anything. The people who don’t think ESL is the best will never think they are which is part of sports. Nothing to be concerned about. In reality none of that really matters. ESL is excited to play PR in the championship game Saturday. Both teams will be ready to play and enjoy the moment!

Last edited:

Let’s talk Naperville Central......

By the way, what team do you follow?

Yeah, you’re right.

Well said Irish. I don’t think their is any reasoning here. They just want us to say yes your right. I will say it again. No one is feeling sorry for a team that commits as many penalties as your team does in every darn game. It’s got to be the Refs! They are out to get ESL. Not!

Yeah, you’re right.

Let’s talk Naperville Central......

By the way, what team do you follow?
I follow the sport. The school district I live in isn't a factor. I went to high school in upstate NY. Also not a factor in this discussion.

What does what team I follow have to do with ESL's best win being a 50-48 last second stand against NV? Naperville Central didn't even make the playoffs.

I agree, the call was coocoo! Of course that’s the only conclusion that I can arrive at.

Let me see, “I don’t have a valid rebuttal, so let me deflect with funny GIFs in order to discount supporting evidence along with make a mockery of the one posting”

LOL. Nice try!

I can go all day, this is child’s play.
You’re a child.

So here, in this thread, the argument is being made that esl isn't as good as advertised because they didnt beat a team by a large enough margin (mind you, this was a top 8A team in the state)

In an ESL thread from last week the argument was advocating and supporting officials who took it upon themselves to make keep games as competitive as possible.

I follow the sport. The school district I live in isn't a factor. I went to high school in upstate NY. Also not a factor in this discussion.

What does what team I follow have to do with ESL's best win being a 50-48 last second stand against NV? Naperville Central didn't even make the playoffs.
What? They beat batavia and trinity catholic the first 2 games of the year

So here, in this thread, the argument is being made that esl isn't as good as advertised because they didnt beat a team by a large enough margin (mind you, this was a top 8A team in the state)

In an ESL thread from last week the argument was advocating and supporting officials who took it upon themselves to make keep games as competitive as possible.

Again, no one is saying ESL isn't good, but no not what some are making them out to be. No one has to make an argument about it because NV proved it. Football is played on the field not in the minds of the observer. On the field ESL was slightly better than NV despite all the offers and hype. Not a bad thing, but doesn't automatically make you better than Naz or MC or PR or Warren or H-F or LWE etc.

ESL gets bounced in the quarters / Semis this season if they play in 7A or 8A.

I don't understand that argument either. ESL took the long road trip up to Naperville and beat a solid 8A team on their home field, which is a significant home field advantage, because the field is grass. Was the ESL defense at their best that day? I'm going to say no, but as I've stated on here previously, no team brings their A game every game. ESL was tested in this game on the road against a quality team with an excellent QB and passed the test. This game strikes me as an anomaly for them defensively. But, we are all entitled to our opinions.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT