ADVERTISEMENT

Dean - MC vs Marist Analysis? History?

Topiary

Jul 9, 2001
Dean - thoughts for tomorrow? also whats the series history on this one?

Dean - thoughts for tomorrow? also whats the series history on this one?
Marist has never beaten MC on the Varsity level in Football. First game was in 1988 in the State Playoffs. I don’t have my book with me but I only think they’ve played each other about 9 or 10 times since 88.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: chakazulu89
MC leads 10-0 all time.

1988 - MC 7 MARIST 0
1996 - MC 31 MARIST 0
1997 - MC 28 MARIST 6
1998 - MC 44 MARIST 7
1999 - MC 20 MARIST 15
2008 - MC 42 MARIST 7
2015 - MC 21 MARIST 14
2019 - MC 21 MARIST 14
2020 - MC 24 MARIST 21
2021 - MC 28 MARIST 16

Reactions: Silver Rain
Marist is a better team this year. They lost a close one to GW and handled their other opponents with dispatch. But this year's Caravan is unlikely to be the first in their shared history to lose to the Redhawks.

Last edited:
MC leads 10-0 all time.

1988 - MC 7 MARIST 0
1996 - MC 31 MARIST 0
1997 - MC 28 MARIST 6
1998 - MC 44 MARIST 7
1999 - MC 20 MARIST 15
2008 - MC 42 MARIST 7
2015 - MC 21 MARIST 14
2019 - MC 21 MARIST 14
2020 - MC 24 MARIST 21
2021 - MC 28 MARIST 16
I think Marist D is going to have a tough one tonite - MC is a machine - i'm going MC 35 Marist 14

It is MC 10-0 all-time as referenced above. I was at the 1st one in ’88 with my rolled jeans and jean jacket. I thought Marist was going to do it last year at home with a senior-laden team. I was at GW-Marist week 1 and after the initial 2 turnovers within minutes it was 21-0. From there Marist kind of systematically controlled the game. I realize that’s an Other than that how was the play Mrs. Lincoln reference but I was impressed with the new Marist QB after he settled in and Sims at WR and Coy at RB. Marist looked like a Quarter team. I just am not sure their defense can stop MC with all the weapons they have; especially at Barda-Dowling. GW ran downhill on them and they have some great size on the OL but not close the weapons MC has. I think it will relatively close into the 3rd and MC adds a couple scores in 4th . They just have too much for them this year. Something like MC 35-17.

Marist has played MC very well over the past several years with a few chances to win the game that they let slip.
Tonight will be a shoot out. RedHawks will be ready to play. I promise that. Don't be surprised if they pull this one off. Marist 21 MC 17
Tempo of games can change in a flash that’s for sure. Everyone speaks of the weapons on this MC offense. What seems to be getting lost in the shuffle is how dominant this MC defense has been through its first 3 contests. Playing 3 quarters against St. Rita in the opener they’ve only played 1 half of football in their last 2 games (Phillips, ND). Only 3 points allowed were to Alabama bound kicker Talty from SR (51 yards).

Tonight’s matchup will definitely be the most capable Offense MC has seen this year. Marist can move it downfield with QB Smythe and WR Simms. Running back has also looked good this season. Tonight should tell us exactly how dominant this MC defense is/isn’t. Looking forward to this matchup should be a good one for sure.

My guess is the lethal combination and 1-2 punch from MC will be to much for Marist. 28-3 MC. This defense is the real deal.

Apologies I realize this is an upset thread……. Only content I could find on tonight’s game.

Reactions: Silver Rain
Tempo of games can change in a flash that’s for sure. Everyone speaks of the weapons on this MC offense. What seems to be getting lost in the shuffle is how dominant this MC defense has been through its first 3 contests. Playing 3 quarters against St. Rita in the opener they’ve only played 1 half of football in their last 2 games (Phillips, ND). Only 3 points allowed were to Alabama bound kicker Talty from SR (51 yards).

Tonight’s matchup will definitely be the most capable Offense MC has seen this year. Marist can move it downfield with QB Smythe and WR Simms. Running back has also looked good this season. Tonight should tell us exactly how dominant this MC defense is/isn’t. Looking forward to this matchup should be a good one for sure.

My guess is the lethal combination and 1-2 punch from MC will be to much for Marist. 28-3 MC. This defense is the real deal.

Apologies I realize this is an upset thread……. Only content I could find on tonight’s game.
I think this one and LA are only games where teams score a TD on MC 1st team D.

MC is susceptible to good passing attacks
Tonight will be the test. We shall see. That front 4 for MC has looked pretty dominant forcing teams into the pass. Problem for opposing teams is dealing with the rest of this MC defense that is equally loaded. Should be a good test tonight.

Can Carnell Tate return to Marist for a game? This would then be a
35 to 31 game type.

Since he is not playing, I will bank on the Caravan at a score of 35 to 10.

MC is susceptible to good passing attacks

Marist isn't susceptible to a good passing attack? Dowling has at least six tested receivers, and he often sends out five at a time. There's Arrington and Furlong, of course. There's Maurice Davis, Jaden Bossie, and Darrion Gilliam, names you'll hear called often, usually for a TD or first down. And then there's Alonzo Manning and D. Dupree, two big-play options out of the backfield. Meanwhile, in the last three games, Jimmy Deacy has established himself as one of Dowling's favorite targets. Finally, it must be acknowledged that it is Blainey Dowling himself who makes the spouts run dry at Cork & Kerry,

Last edited:
Marist has played MC very well over the past several years with a few chances to win the game that they let slip.
Tonight will be a shoot out. RedHawks will be ready to play. I promise that. Don't be surprised if they pull this one off. Marist 21 MC 17
If Marist beats MC there might a couple Caravan posters explode tonight. 😂
MC-35-14

MC leads 11-0 all time.

1988 - MC 7 MARIST 0
1996 - MC 31 MARIST 0
1997 - MC 28 MARIST 6
1998 - MC 44 MARIST 7
1999 - MC 20 MARIST 15
2008 - MC 42 MARIST 7
2015 - MC 21 MARIST 14
2019 - MC 21 MARIST 14
2020 - MC 24 MARIST 21
2021 - MC 28 MARIST 16
2022 - MC 42 MARIST 7
Cant see Marist beating MC next year either but maybe in 2024

For fans of the caravan, a few questions.
Would you rather keep your stacked squad in 7A or test it against LWE in 8A?

If you defeat LA, I believe you'll choose 7A.
If you lose, you'll want retribution.

What is the freshman's record since Lynch was hired?
Have they had a 4-year record of 8-1 or 9-0?

Fantastic team to watch this season.

I saw the freshman last weekend. There’s a couple kids that would start for the Dons on varsity on that team.

Reactions: Gene K.
But what the hell is going on with the snaps? How can the same mistake be repeated more than once? It hasn't hurt them so far, but it could prove costly. If they lose a game this year, it will be because they beat themselves.

But what the hell is going on with the snaps? I wish someone would provide an honest assessment of the position. It hasn't hurt them so far, but it could prove costly. If they lose a game this year, it will be because they beat themselves.
They worry me, too, but I like how Dowling responded. He recovered both in time; the first resulted in a 1st down pass; the second was a harmless incompletion. That kid is something (as are Furlong, Dupree and many others.

They worry me, too, but I like how Dowling responded. He recovered both in time; the first resulted in a 1st down pass; the second was a harmless incompletion. That kid is something (as are Furlong, Dupree and many others.

With stars at almost every position, they could have three or four all-staters. All credit to the players and the coaches.

I'd love to play 8A, and I would love to see ESL and JCA on the list.

MC leads 11-0 all time.

1988 - MC 7 MARIST 0
1996 - MC 31 MARIST 0
1997 - MC 28 MARIST 6
1998 - MC 44 MARIST 7
1999 - MC 20 MARIST 15
2008 - MC 42 MARIST 7
2015 - MC 21 MARIST 14
2019 - MC 21 MARIST 14
2020 - MC 24 MARIST 21
2021 - MC 28 MARIST 16
2022 - MC 42 MARIST 7
Cant see Marist beating MC next year either but maybe in 2024
Jack Elliott will be a senior in 2024 so not sure about that year either....if Marist even stays in the Blue....

eireog: I'd love to meet you for two reasons.

first, to find out how the hell you pronounce eireog, and what does it mean.

second, to thank you for keeping us Carmel guys on our toes. keep it up
Eireog is young Ireland or son of Ireland, Eire is Ireland in Irish, Og is son in Irish. I’m inviting you out for pizza when I meet up with the Rita guys. Don’t be afraid, I’ll protect you and @McCaravan will be there to buy the beers🍻

Great game for the neighborhood. As we knew going into the season MC was expected to fire on all cylinders from day one and they are doing just that. Somehow managed to repeatedly trick Marist with a snap over the QB's head, suck in the D, and then scamper for a first down. Kudos to the OC of the Caravan. Marist on the other hand also is what we thought they were. A lot of first time starters. Weak in the secondary despite having an Iowa commit DB. QB still searching for his rhythm with a murder schedule ahead. Marist still remains a dangerous team IF they can win enough games to get into the postseason. That said, I saw a post yet again that Marist may drop from the Blue. So funny. Who wants that spot? Blue football is just that Blue football. That conference is brutal. Not unbeatable by any means, but if you doubt go see a Blue game live. Bigger faster stronger across the board than what you will see at MOST high schools. Kids will be proudly rocking their brown and white today in the neighborhood.

Great game for the neighborhood. As we knew going into the season MC was expected to fire on all cylinders from day one and they are doing just that. Somehow managed to repeatedly trick Marist with a snap over the QB's head, suck in the D, and then scamper for a first down. Kudos to the OC of the Caravan. Marist on the other hand also is what we thought they were. A lot of first time starters. Weak in the secondary despite having an Iowa commit DB. QB still searching for his rhythm with a murder schedule ahead. Marist still remains a dangerous team IF they can win enough games to get into the postseason. That said, I saw a post yet again that Marist may drop from the Blue. So funny. Who wants that spot? Blue football is just that Blue football. That conference is brutal. Not unbeatable by any means, but if you doubt go see a Blue game live. Bigger faster stronger across the board than what you will see at MOST high schools. Kids will be proudly rocking their brown and white today in the neighborhood.
Nestor wasn’t 100%....he was hobbling around a lot, Hoping it was just cramps, you don’t want to see a player like him hurt his senior.

I’m the one who mentioned the possibility of them dropping out of the Blue, just because next year will be the year they realigne the divisions, was not meant to bust on Marist....MC dropped out of the Blue on Frank’s request 6 years ago and got crucified across the board about it, he never got to see the only year they spent in the Green Conf as it was Lynch’s first season. But as much of a buzz saw of a division it is, some players want the that challenge and to play the top teams...SR made their non-conference schedule all Blue teams, I’m betting SR would take a spot in the Blue Division, what do you think @chakazulu89 or @RockSoup?

Last edited:
You know what’s crazy is MC’s team is about to get one of there biggest all around weapons back...Jaden Bossie who was All Conference in the Blue as a Junior and the guy who returned the Kick 6 vs Rita should be back next week. He hasn’t played yet this year due to a injury....Offense, Defense, Returner, All State in track....hopefully will be back for Iggy.

Nestor wasn’t 100%....he was hobbling around a lot, Hoping it was just cramps, you don’t want to see a player like him hurt his senior.

I’m the one who mentioned the possibility of them dropping out of the Blue, just because next year will be the year they realigne the divisions, was not meant to bust on Marist....MC dropped out of the Blue on Frank’s request 6 years ago and got crucified across the board about it, he never got to see the only year they spent in the Green Conf as it was Lynch’s first season. But as much of a buzz saw of a division it is, some players want the that challenge and to play the top teams...SR made their non-conference schedule all Blue teams, I’m betting SR would take a spot in the Blue Division, what do you think @chakazulu89 or @RockSoup?
I’d agree with you. For the merger to work, the realignments have to work and Covid delayed the first iteration and it will take a couple cycles to see how it all pans out for all stakeholders. But I don’t see any complaints if/when St. Rita returns to the Blue. I know @Wittymoniker1 likes the current set up. The Blue is incredibly high-end football and fun to watch.

Reactions: Wittymoniker1
Frosh final:

Marist 38
Mount Carmel 32

Hard for me to to see Marist being relegated given their enrollment and 8A classification.

MC dropped out of the Blue on Frank’s request 6 years ago and got crucified across the board about it,
The way it was explained to me by MC admin was that each blue school would drop down to green on a rotating basis. Coach Lenti, I was told, agreed to go first. No mention was made of any request on his behalf.

Eireog is young Ireland or son of Ireland, Eire is Ireland in Irish, Og is son in Irish. I’m inviting you out for pizza when I meet up with the Rita guys. Don’t be afraid, I’ll protect you and @McCaravan will be there to buy the beers🍻
Thanks for the explanation. Despite being of 100% Irish desscent, I never heard of the og business. Thanks.

Are you buyin' pizza for all of us? Order southside favorite thin crust sausage only. None of that suburban pepperoni nonsense.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT