ADVERTISEMENT

Dean - MC vs Marist Analysis? History?

I’d agree with you. For the merger to work, the realignments have to work and Covid delayed the first iteration and it will take a couple cycles to see how it all pans out for all stakeholders. But I don’t see any complaints if/when St. Rita returns to the Blue. I know @Wittymoniker1 likes the current set up. The Blue is incredibly high-end football and fun to watch.
I do like the current set up. Rita is in a weaker division than the Blue, but the teams are still very capable. Love the new rivalry with Northside Don. Been years where Benet has been strong and Naz is very good traditionally.

Stay in the Green. And if SR has a very strong team, and want to "play the best," then schedule those two Blue teams during the non-conference games. Goal is to make the playoffs, not wanting to have a grueling schedule year-in and year-out. And to me, the Blue is a grueling schedule.

Regarding scheduling: SR wins the Green. Do they then play the other first place teams in the crossovers? Or is it by random? Is that why SR always seems to play LA with the crossovers?

Reactions: BornNRazed
I rarely go north of Dempster so who’s picking up ur fellow Carmelite??
Simple stuff. All he has to do is jump on MD north line to Union Station, then a couple options from there. 126, 7 some others, key is to get to Jackson and state and get on the 62, get off at Western and hop on the 49. I’ll pick him up at the 79th street depot and meet you at Vito and Nicks. Let’s not make this complicated😂

Reactions: eireog
Simple stuff. All he has to do is jump on MD north line to Union Station, then a couple options from there. 126, 7 some others, key is to get to Jackson and state and get on the 62, get off at Western and hop on the 49. I’ll pick him up at the 79th street depot and meet you at Vito and Nicks. Let’s not make this complicated😂
Wait a minute, boys. I thought this would be a Niles-area thing ... it was Eireog's idea and he's paying for it ...the least we can do is make it convenient for him

• Love
Reactions: RockSoup
Wait a minute, boys. I thought this would be a Niles-area thing ... it was Eireog's idea and he's paying for it ...the least we can do is make it convenient for him
We’re going to the south side week 9 . I told you I’ll protect you against those scary Rita guys. Keep up. I’m not going to Kenilworth to get you. I’m scared of those Loyola people.

We’re going to the south side week 9 . I told you I’ll protect you against those scary Rita guys. Keep up. I’m not going to Kenilworth to get you. I’m scared of those Loyola people.
I live way past Kenilworth ... closer to the state line than LA.

Unfortunately, on week nine, I can't be at the LA game - my nephew's getting married in Peoria. I could strangle him.

I live way past Kenilworth ... closer to the state line than LA.

Unfortunately, on week nine, I can't be at the LA game - my nephew's getting married in Peoria. I could strangle him.
No chance of me going to Peoria. The only time I go to Tennessee is to see Graceland.

• Haha
Reactions: RockSoup
No chance of me going to Peoria. The only time I go to Tennessee is to see Graceland.
The Bushmills must’ve been on sale this week. It’s not meant for every meal man but you’re cracking me up

Being a devout Catholic I’d never mess with Bushmills
Of Course, but I mean it was on sale. Centuries of conflict vs a good sale price, Its why I save all my Jameson labels for the ones still fighting

i know a place in Tennessee where a man can buy a small pot of home-brewed poteen. It is usually made three batches at a time--one for yourself, one for the law, and one for the poachers.

Last edited:
MC will be 8A every year after this one. Would have been 8A this year but IHSA canceled Fall 20 season and counted it as aseason
For the success factor to apply a school must win a trophy in both of the 2 years of the classification cycle. Mount Carmel would have had to win a trophy in 20(which was impossible) to pair with their trophy in 19 to be in 8A in 21 and 22. They did not win a trophy in 21 so after they win 7A this year they will again NOT meet the requirement to be success factored up to 8A as 21 and 22 represent the current classification cycle. Unless they opt to play up (or have had a massive enrollment hike recently) they are not going to be in 8A in 23 and 24.

Reactions: Silver Rain
For the success factor to apply a school must win a trophy in both of the 2 years of the classification cycle. Mount Carmel would have had to win a trophy in 20(which was impossible) to pair with their trophy in 19 to be in 8A in 21 and 22. They did not win a trophy in 21 so after they win 7A this year they will again NOT meet the requirement to be success factored up to 8A as 21 and 22 represent the current classification cycle. Unless they opt to play up (or have had a massive enrollment hike recently) they are not going to be in 8A in 23 and 24.
You would hope the would follow LA’s lead and petition up for future seasons

Reactions: crusader_of_90
I was always under the impression private schools were “success factored” by playoff wins during the cycle and not by state championships. Although a state championship would be an automatic multiplier because In doing so you met the amount of playoff wins during the cycle. Loyola’s football team was not multiplied in last years cycle because like you said they counted the covid year. They petitioned up to 8a last year from 7A.

My point is a private school gets multiplied even if they didn’t win a state championship.

I was always under the impression private schools were “success factored” by playoff wins during the cycle and not by state championships. Although a state championship would be an automatic multiplier because In doing so you met the amount of playoff wins during the cycle. Loyola’s football team was not multiplied in last years cycle because like you said they counted the covid year. They petitioned up to 8a last year from 7A.

My point is a private school gets multiplied even if they didn’t win a state championship.
I believe the “Success Factor” is only applied using trophies as the data. A school must win a trophy (Champions or Runner Up) in the same class 2 years out of the classification cycle.

Playoff wins are what determines if a private school is multiplied when the playoffs begin. If a school doesn’t win a certain number of playoff games for a certain period of years, the multiplier is waived. That was why Loyola was originally 7A last season before petitioning up and why we see SICP in 6A playoffs instead of 8A.

Reactions: Vincennes6410
The "Success Factor" differs from the multiplier. The Success Factor is as caravan8 and I posted: 2 trophies in the classification cycle, which is always a set of two specific years. We are currently in the second year of the two-year classification cycle.

Schools get multiplied in football if they win 3 playoff games total in the 2 year classification cycle. For example both JCA and SHG only won 2 playoff games in 19, and none in 20, as there were no playoffs in 20. Therefore, both of them did NOT get multiplied for 21 and 22 and ended up in 4A last year (and this, as well). Both schools will be multiplied to 5A next year as they both won at least 3 games (JCA 5 and SHG 4) last year alone.

Reactions: Vincennes6410
The "Success Factor" differs from the multiplier. The Success Factor is as caravan8 and I posted: 2 trophies in the classification cycle, which is always a set of two specific years. We are currently in the second year of the two-year classification cycle.

Schools get multiplied in football if they win 3 playoff games total in the 2 year classification cycle. For example both JCA and SHG only won 2 playoff games in 19, and none in 20, as there were no playoffs in 20. Therefore, both of them did NOT get multiplied for 21 and 22 and ended up in 4A last year (and this, as well). Both schools will be multiplied to 5A next year as they both won at least 3 games (JCA 5 and SHG 4) last year alone.
Isn’t the “success factor” what determines if a private school is “multiplied”? If private schools have zero success in the playoffs wouldn’t that mean they are not automatically multiplied?

“What am I missing”. 😂

The two year cycle is the dumbest thing the IHSA has done recently.

The two year cycle is the dumbest thing the IHSA has done recently.
Those posters who say in football that 3 playoff wins in a certain 2 year period triggers the success factor for what the ihsa calls non boundary schools is correct. The current 2 year period is for the 2021 and 2022 football seasons. Mt. Carmel for example won 2 playoff games in 2021 in class 7a so when they win their first round playoff game on Halloween weekend in 2022 in class 7a the team will be moved up to class 8A for the 2023 and 2024 seasons regardless of if their enrollment goes up or down by 1 or 1,000. The following is for posters who have written that they hope my. Carmel opts to play 8A this year instead of 7a because 8A as a general rule is better playoff competition than 7a. Note that the ihsa has a rule that a school must declare if it is going to play up a class in the playoffs by Sept 1 which is basically after the first two weeks of the season. No team can wait until mid-October to see if they want to play up a class or not. I read for example on this board that Loyola was 7a based on enrollment last year and declared to play up to 8A after it was obvious they were a powerhouse. Not according to ihsa rules. Loyola would have declared they wanted to play 8A last year 2 weeks into the season. And the ramblers will play 8A again this year. Next year Loyola won’t have to declare as they will be moved up to 8A based on their playoff success in 8A last year with 3 playoff wins. So even if Loyola loses their next 5 games to go 4/5 and miss the 2022 playoffs they will move up to 9a next two seasons based on 3 playoff wins in 2021. Obviously teams such as Mt. Carmel and Loyola would be just fine even if they were playing in class 9a or 10a. The success factor dagger is fatal for non-boundary school programs that get lucky with a class of talented football players but have no history of sustained success on the gridiron. I m just going to pick a school here and use Carmel if Mundelein. The program has scuffled for many years and from what has been recently posted the program is regaining functionality under coach Jason McKie. Let’s say Carmel wins 3 playoff games this year in class 6a. Next year they automatically move up to class 7a whether the Corsairs will return 1 starter or 21.
Next year. The success factor is designed to move traditional football programs like Joliet Catholic and Springfield Heart Griffin up but unfortunately it also nabs non-boundary schools who do not have a tradition of excellence on their resume.

Those posters who say in football that 3 playoff wins in a certain 2 year period triggers the success factor for what the ihsa calls non boundary schools is correct. The current 2 year period is for the 2021 and 2022 football seasons. Mt. Carmel for example won 2 playoff games in 2021 in class 7a so when they win their first round playoff game on Halloween weekend in 2022 in class 7a the team will be moved up to class 8A for the 2023 and 2024 seasons
I may be wrong but I believe the “Success Factor” is in addition to the multiplier and separate from the playoff wins in a cycle. The 3 playoff wins in 2 years is applied only to if a school is multiplied for the playoffs, not if they are bumped up a class with the “Success Factor”. So as I understand it (and again I may be wrong) in order for MC to have the “Success Factor” applied it would have to win a trophy in 7A for 2 consecutive years. If this happened, then they would be bumped to 8A.

What has to happen for a sport or activity program at a non-boundaried school to be multiplied? 1. A program will be multiplied if it wins a state tournament trophy in either year of the two-year window (2017-18 or 2018-19). 2. Otherwise, a program will be multiplied if: a. In football only, during the two-year window, it wins three games in the IHSA football playoff series.

That's the football multiplier.
Success bump up is:1. The success factor will be applied to a program if it wins a state tournament trophy in both years of the two-year window.The resulting classification will be one class above the lowest classification in which a trophy was won. Thus if a program won one trophy in Class 2A and one in Class 3A, the team would be placed in Class 3A during the next classification cycle.

The. ambiguity here is that the phrase "state tournament trophy in both. years of the two-year window. What is not clear is what that means for football. In baseball, basketball, volleyball, softball, etc., there is a third-place game for the semifinal-round losers and thus any team finishing in the top four at state won at trophy. But obviously, in football, only the top TWO teams at state get a trophy as there is no third-place. game. In terms of the multiplier, winning three playoff football games in two years gets the multiplier applied. But does a team that wins a state title in 2021 (Joliet Catholic for example in 4A) and then loses in the semifinals in 2022 (this coming November) NOT get the success factor applie because it only won ONE trophy and not two. Whereas a. program such as Springfield Griffin that finishes second at state in 2021 and second at state in 2022 WOULD get the success factor applied because it has two trophies?
See, in terms of the multiplier, the IHSA has laid out. specifics for football as. opposed to. every other sport. But in terms of success, it does not. "won a trophy" in basketball (1st 2nd, 3rd or 4th) does not equal "won a trophy in football (1st or 2nd).
That is a question I cannot find answer to going through the IHSA maze.

Those posters who say in football that 3 playoff wins in a certain 2 year period triggers the success factor for what the ihsa calls non boundary schools is correct. The current 2 year period is for the 2021 and 2022 football seasons. Mt. Carmel for example won 2 playoff games in 2021 in class 7a so when they win their first round playoff game on Halloween weekend in 2022 in class 7a the team will be moved up to class 8A for the 2023 and 2024 seasons regardless of if their enrollment goes up or down by 1 or 1,000. The following is for posters who have written that they hope my. Carmel opts to play 8A this year instead of 7a because 8A as a general rule is better playoff competition than 7a. Note that the ihsa has a rule that a school must declare if it is going to play up a class in the playoffs by Sept 1 which is basically after the first two weeks of the season. No team can wait until mid-October to see if they want to play up a class or not. I read for example on this board that Loyola was 7a based on enrollment last year and declared to play up to 8A after it was obvious they were a powerhouse. Not according to ihsa rules. Loyola would have declared they wanted to play 8A last year 2 weeks into the season. And the ramblers will play 8A again this year. Next year Loyola won’t have to declare as they will be moved up to 8A based on their playoff success in 8A last year with 3 playoff wins. So even if Loyola loses their next 5 games to go 4/5 and miss the 2022 playoffs they will move up to 9a next two seasons based on 3 playoff wins in 2021. Obviously teams such as Mt. Carmel and Loyola would be just fine even if they were playing in class 9a or 10a. The success factor dagger is fatal for non-boundary school programs that get lucky with a class of talented football players but have no history of sustained success on the gridiron. I m just going to pick a school here and use Carmel if Mundelein. The program has scuffled for many years and from what has been recently posted the program is regaining functionality under coach Jason McKie. Let’s say Carmel wins 3 playoff games this year in class 6a. Next year they automatically move up to class 7a whether the Corsairs will return 1 starter or 21.
Next year. The success factor is designed to move traditional football programs like Joliet Catholic and Springfield Heart Griffin up but unfortunately it also nabs non-boundary schools who do not have a tradition of excellence on their resume.
What has to happen for a sport or activity program at a non-boundaried school to be multiplied? 1. A program will be multiplied if it wins a state tournament trophy in either year of the two-year window (2017-18 or 2018-19). 2. Otherwise, a program will be multiplied if: a. In football only, during the two-year window, it wins three games in the IHSA football playoff series.

That's the football multiplier.
Success bump up is:1. The success factor will be applied to a program if it wins a state tournament trophy in both years of the two-year window.The resulting classification will be one class above the lowest classification in which a trophy was won. Thus if a program won one trophy in Class 2A and one in Class 3A, the team would be placed in Class 3A during the next classification cycle.

The. ambiguity here is that the phrase "state tournament trophy in both. years of the two-year window. What is not clear is what that means for football. In baseball, basketball, volleyball, softball, etc., there is a third-place game for the semifinal-round losers and thus any team finishing in the top four at state won at trophy. But obviously, in football, only the top TWO teams at state get a trophy as there is no third-place. game. In terms of the multiplier, winning three playoff football games in two years gets the multiplier applied. But does a team that wins a state title in 2021 (Joliet Catholic for example in 4A) and then loses in the semifinals in 2022 (this coming November) NOT get the success factor applie because it only won ONE trophy and not two. Whereas a. program such as Springfield Griffin that finishes second at state in 2021 and second at state in 2022 WOULD get the success factor applied because it has two trophies?
See, in terms of the multiplier, the IHSA has laid out. specifics for football as. opposed to. every other sport. But in terms of success, it does not. "won a trophy" in basketball (1st 2nd, 3rd or 4th) does not equal "won a trophy in football (1st or 2nd).
That is a question I cannot find answer to going through the IHSA maze.
Perfect. Thank you for taking the time to clarify.
The bump in class is consecutive state championships in football. I was curious why MC wasn’t bumped up a class after ‘19. Thanks again.

Perfect. Thank you for taking the time to clarify.
The bump in class is consecutive state championships in football. I was curious why MC wasn’t bumped up a class after ‘19. Thanks again.
My Carmel wasn’t bumped up a class in 2020 because everything is restarted every two years I think. 19/20 are the two fb years and caravan won in 2019 but 2020 season nobody won state because of covid. So the new two year period is for 2021 and 2022. Joliet Catholic won in 2021 so I think if it finishes first or second in 2022 they would be success candidates. That said I believe everything resets for the 2023 and 2024 two year period in terms of the 3 playoff wins in 2 years multiplier. What I do not know is if a non boundary school such as Mt. Carmel wins state titles in 2022 and 2023 if the success factor kicks in because 2022 is the back end of a two year cycle and 2023 is the front end of the next 2 year cycle. What to watch for that we don’t have eyes on now is Decatur st Teresa which I gather is a powerhouse in 2a this year. They won 3 playoff games last year so are certain to be multiplied for 2023/2024 classification. If at Teresa wins state this year and next are they also going to be success moved up by virtue of two straight state titles or do you have to earn trophies in both years of the two year cycle to trigger success. That’s the Mt Carmel question as well. Sorry I don’t know the answer. Multiplier is very clear. Success pile-on not so much.

Reactions: Gene K.
What I do not know is if a non boundary school such as Mt. Carmel wins state titles in 2022 and 2023 if the success factor kicks in because 2022 is the back end of a two year cycle and 2023 is the front end of the next 2 year cycle.
That’s what I do not know either. If MC were to make the 7A game this season and next season, would they be success factored up to 8A? Or would they have to make it to the title game in 2023 & 2024 to have it applied.

That’s what I do not know either. If MC were to make the 7A game this season and next season, would they be success factored up to 8A? Or would they have to make it to the title game in 2023 & 2024 to have it applied.
If they win 3 playoff games total in 2021 and 2022 which they clearly will do they will be multiplied for next two years which could push them into 8A anyway for the next two years. But they didn’t make the finals in 2021 so winning state this year will not give them the success boost but they will get the 1.65 enrollment multiplier for 2023 and 2024. Perhaps playing 8A the next two years they won’t win 3 total playoff games which means they can lose multiplier for 2025 and 2026. Of course it’s possible the Caravsn keep winning playoff games in 8A which would mean they would stay there. Once u r an 8A Team because of the multiplier there is no success add on. In order to be a success add on you need back to back state final appearances and a state final appearance requires 4 playoff wins in a year which keeps multiplier in effect.
the schools really vulnerable to the multiplier/success double team are smaller schools such as Springfield heart griffin or Decatur st Teresa. A 4A team with three playoff wins in the targeted two year period gets multiplied by 1.65. Then now moving up to 5a for two years because of the multiplier they post back to back second place finishes at state which triggers the success add on and continues the multiplier. That would move the 4a size school into 6a without winning a 5a title. Joliet Catholic is in different spot.!they won 4A state in 2021 and obviously could finish first or second in 4A this year. For sure Joliet Catholic will be multiplied 1.65 for next two years but it won’t be drilled twice. Success add on only can one class up from smallest class state trophy earned. So next two years Joliet Catholic will likely be 5a due to the multiplier but since it won state at 4A in 2021 success can only move it to 5A next year and the multiplier is already going to do that. Springfield griffin will be in same spot if they win 4A title this year: multiplier will push them up to 5a likely but the success can’t move shg higher than 5a because it won state title at 4a. Bafsicly the success add on is only going to factor in if a non boundary school has an incredible run of several years and is a smaller class school enrollment wise. A school that is a two year wonder and is non boundary is always going to be multiplied via the 3 playoff win rule but it will take and I m guesing here at least four strong strong years to be success factored, and of course once the 1.65 multiplier kicks Mt Carmel and Loyola into 8A there is no 9a success add on.

If they win 3 playoff games total in 2021 and 2022 which they clearly will do they will be multiplied for next two years which could push them into 8A anyway for the next two years. But they didn’t make the finals in 2021 so winning state this year will not give them the success boost but they will get the 1.65 enrollment multiplier for 2023 and 2024. Perhaps playing 8A the next two years they won’t win 3 total playoff games which means they can lose multiplier for 2025 and 2026. Of course it’s possible the Caravsn keep winning playoff games in 8A which would mean they would stay there. Once u r an 8A Team because of the multiplier there is no success add on. In order to be a success add on you need back to back state final appearances and a state final appearance requires 4 playoff wins in a year which keeps multiplier in effect.
the schools really vulnerable to the multiplier/success double team are smaller schools such as Springfield heart griffin or Decatur st Teresa. A 4A team with three playoff wins in the targeted two year period gets multiplied by 1.65. Then now moving up to 5a for two years because of the multiplier they post back to back second place finishes at state which triggers the success add on and continues the multiplier. That would move the 4a size school into 6a without winning a 5a title. Joliet Catholic is in different spot.!they won 4A state in 2021 and obviously could finish first or second in 4A this year. For sure Joliet Catholic will be multiplied 1.65 for next two years but it won’t be drilled twice. Success add on only can one class up from smallest class state trophy earned. So next two years Joliet Catholic will likely be 5a due to the multiplier but since it won state at 4A in 2021 success can only move it to 5A next year and the multiplier is already going to do that. Springfield griffin will be in same spot if they win 4A title this year: multiplier will push them up to 5a likely but the success can’t move shg higher than 5a because it won state title at 4a. Bafsicly the success add on is only going to factor in if a non boundary school has an incredible run of several years and is a smaller class school enrollment wise. A school that is a two year wonder and is non boundary is always going to be multiplied via the 3 playoff win rule but it will take and I m guesing here at least four strong strong years to be success factored, and of course once the 1.65 multiplier kicks Mt Carmel and Loyola into 8A there is no 9a success add on.
Mount Carmel is not in danger of the Success Factor for Fall Football 2023 or 2024.

Mount Carmel is already multiplied this year Fall 2022 for their 2019 playoff run which included winning the 7A crown. 1.65 multiplier kicks in after 3 playoff wins in any year of the 2-year cycle that the current two-year cycle is based upon, which is why Brother Rice and Marist are also multiplied for Fall 2022.

The only teams that could be subject to the Success Factor for Fall 2023 and Fall 2024 are:
St. Rita
Fenwick
Joliet Catholic
Sacred Heart-Griffin

I think the last few years they’ve been in the top 5-7 schools larger schools in 7A, they’re always near the cutoff line, but seems like if they don’t get the success factor they’re pretty comfortably in 7A.

I think the last few years they’ve been in the top 5-7 schools larger schools in 7A, they’re always near the cutoff line, but seems like if they don’t get the success factor they’re pretty comfortably in 7A.
That is correct. The next time Mount Carmel can be Success-Factored up is Fall 2025 and Fall 2026. They can win 7A in 2022, 2023 and 2024 and not be Success-Factored until Fall 2025 due to the 2-year cycle rule.

My Edit: Understand that the two-year window is not a moving window. For better or worse, It is a set of immutable seasons. Fall 2021 and Fall 2022 are set and only set by the results of Fall 2019 and Fall 2020. That is why there is a record amount of waived non-boundary schools and no success factored schools. Teams had only one season (Fall of 2019) to get the 3 playoff wins to receive the multiplier and you need both years in a cycle to even have a chance for a success factored non-boundary. But since 2020 did not have a State playoff series, no success factor could be possible. Fall 2023 and Fall 2024 will only be determined by the playoff results of Fall 2021 and Fall 2022 and nothing else. St. Rita, Fenwick, Joliet Catholic and Sacred Heart-Griffin are the only non-boundaried schools to place 1st or 2nd in the Fall of 2021. Thus, they are the only ones that can be Success-Factored for Fall 2023 and Fall 2024, if any of them finish 1st or 2nd in their respective classes this Fall of 2022 season.

Last edited:
Reactions: caravan8
Seriously how dumb are these rules?? IHSA couldn’t figure out something more confusing and convoluted?

Mount Carmel definitely is an 8A team competition-wise and it’d be a shame if we don’t have them, Loyola, and LWE (plus the tier 1Bs) duke it out in 8A playoffs for the absolute no-argument King of IL HS football.

Seriously how dumb are these rules?? IHSA couldn’t figure out something more confusing and convoluted?

Mount Carmel definitely is an 8A team competition-wise and it’d be a shame if we don’t have them, Loyola, and LWE (plus the tier 1Bs) duke it out in 8A playoffs for the absolute no-argument King of IL HS football.
Football Enrollment and 6 classes would get to that scenario more than any other scenario. And understand, the definition of Football Enrollment is the average enrollment of your opponents. Obviously a program like Joliet Catholic would get a bump up if Football Enrollment was part of the IHSA recipe as it was in the past.

Reactions: stl705
I like the 8 class system, maybe even just drop to 7 as more programs jump to 8 man, but let MC jump up if they want to! I know technically they can petition up, but if they want 8A right now vs 3 weeks ago, I don’t see any harm.

I can’t imagine the team wouldn’t want a shot at 8A title and possible rematch against Loyola (who did petition up) in the semis or champ game.

I like the 8 class system, maybe even just drop to 7 as more programs jump to 8 man, but let MC jump up if they want to! I know technically they can petition up, but if they want 8A right now vs 3 weeks ago, I don’t see any harm.

I can’t imagine the team wouldn’t want a shot at 8A title and possible rematch against Loyola (who did petition up) in the semis or champ game.
I can only say that the IHSA has to be concerned with its 420 or so football schools. I can't see them letting schools go too deep into a season to see how that program feels about moving up. There are the majority of their members that just making the playoffs turns a town into the school colors and then at the start of week 7 which technically would be Oct.3rd a bubble team mathematically gets less of a chance to make it? Teams get two weeks now. That seems fair enough.

MC is the early and heavy favorite to win 7A, not saying it will happen, just the favorite.....7A is a large and competitive class....State Titles really helps boost enrollment numbers and lets face it, in this time with all male schools enrollment hurting, they aren't going to walk away from a class they have the better chance to win another title, especially a class like 7A. If they were in a lower class maybe, but 7A is a very respectable class ** just using respectable for lack of a better word**.

Last edited:
MC is the early and heavy favorite to win 7A, not saying it will happen, just the favorite.....7A is a large and competitive class....State Titles really helps boost enrollment numbers and lets face it, in this time with all male schools enrollment hurting, they aren't going to walk away from a class they have the better chance to win another title, especially a class like 7A. If they were in a lower class maybe, but 7A is a very respectful class ** just using respectful for lack of a better word**.
I know where you are coming from, but no school, program, player or fan base should apologize or explain playing in the class that the IHSA has designated them to.

Everyone, every season wants a king of the hill class. But then what would taverns and the internet be used for if everything was perfect.

MC is the early and heavy favorite to win 7A, not saying it will happen, just the favorite.....7A is a large and competitive class....State Titles really helps boost enrollment numbers and lets face it, in this time with all male schools enrollment hurting, they aren't going to walk away from a class they have the better chance to win another title, especially a class like 7A. If they were in a lower class maybe, but 7A is a very respectful class ** just using respectful for lack of a better word**.
Sorry, back again. The other reason I answered is it will come up every week MC has a 30pt win and Katy bar the door if you beat LA up in Wilmette or it’s a one point game. Another year of a program getting the “why didn’t they do this or that” every week, every thread. Yawn

Reactions: Gene K.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT