ADVERTISEMENT

CS8 Week 9 and playoffs.

All... As was noted earlier a random computer draw has now been announced for who gets the 2 or 3 seed in the southern bracket of 16. Macomb and SHG are the participants. I would like SHG to go #3 but even at #2 possible road games appear about the same. We will see. Ratsy
I would prefer to see SHG go at #2. Sets up a potential Rochester vs SHG semifinal

All... As was noted earlier a random computer draw has now been announced for who gets the 2 or 3 seed in the southern bracket of 16. Macomb and SHG are the participants. I would like SHG to go #3 but even at #2 possible road games appear about the same. We will see. Ratsy
It couldnt be more even on paper. Macomb 9-0, 36 and 36, 606 students. SHG 9-0, 36 and 36, 607 students

That or the 2019 5A final with Rochester vs St. Rita
Yes. I had planned earlier to stay for at least some of the East St. Louis game. No chance, left as soon as the clock ran out. Actually left doesn’t describe it right. I fled to my car!

Last edited:
Reactions: cigaros
4A

SHG Hosts Spring Valley Hall
Rochester Hosts Effingham

5A
Jacksonville TO Metamora
MacArthur TO Peoria

6A
Glenwood Hosts Quincy

My take? CS8 4-1 IN Round 1

Last edited:
SHG will host Spring Valley Hall. Comments??
Yeah, two comments. (1) Hall has scored 294 points and allowed 300. (2) If the Cyclone players assume that all they have to do is show up (as happened in 2004 and 2010), then they will do themselves a great disservice and will deserve any loss which may come their way. We will see how committed they are in reaching their goal, the 4A title game.

• Haha
Reactions: net-se and cigaros
All... Let's go Waterloo! You are favored bring that round one victory home! Ratsy

SHG will host Spring Valley Hall. Comments??
All.... The Red Devils have stud qb #4 Mac Resetich who has rushed for a ton of yards. Quite fast, elusive, and can throw. Week five against Mendota he ran 30 times for 429 yards and seven td's. Very impressive. Should be a fun game. Ratsy

Last edited:
Highland and Williamsville are both breathing sighs of relief
As I watched games unfold and scores report Friday night I definitely breathed a sigh of relief. Smaller schools making their push into the field of 256 made me comfortably believe Highland would push back up to 5A.

4A

SHG Hosts Spring Valley Hall
Rochester Hosts Effingham

5A
Jacksonville TO Metamora
MacArthur TO Peoria

6A
Glenwood Hosts Quincy

My take? CS8 4-1 IN Round 1
Also interested to see the effingham/Rochester results. IMO Highland played their worst game of the year Friday and we’re being dominated up front by Effingham. I don’t know if they were just looking past them, maybe it being senior night, but who knows. They still got the win, but only put up 6 points in the second half.

Effingham did impress me, I think after edwardsville they may be the next best opponent Highland played this year. I think the MVC is down (minus Highland). The Effingham kid could sling it. Any idea on game time for yet?

Also interested to see the effingham/Rochester results. IMO Highland played their worst game of the year Friday and we’re being dominated up front by Effingham. I don’t know if they were just looking past them, maybe it being senior night, but who knows. They still got the win, but only put up 6 points in the second half.

Effingham did impress me, I think after edwardsville they may be the next best opponent Highland played this year. I think the MVC is down (minus Highland). The Effingham kid could sling it. Any idea on game time for yet?
Saturday at 1 pm.

Rochester vs Effingham will be 1:00 on Saturday

I think Chatham wins, but I think Jacksonville loses a close one at Metamora. Crimson defense a big concern after giving up 49 to U High last week.
It depends on which J'ville team shows up and whether they can put together a full 4 quarter effort. They hung with Glenwood for over a half and their 1st quarter v SHG was pretty good football but they couldn't sustain it.

It depends on which J'ville team shows up and whether they can put together a full 4 quarter effort. They hung with Glenwood for over a half and their 1st quarter v SHG was pretty good football but they couldn't sustain it.
Agreed. Their last two weeks have not inspired much confidence. They really underperformed against Rochester, and I was stunned at how many points the Crimsons gave up to U High. Owens is a D-1 QB with a good arm, but they seem to only throw the ball in obvious passing situations.

Reactions: net-se
I would like to see Waterloo win Rd 1. One because they are brethren MVC and two interested to see what happens between them and SHG Rd 2.
I'd like to see Waterloo win because looking at the two halves of the Southern bracket I think that would improve our chances for home games in rds 3 and 4.

just an fyi-i was told all of metamora's games are on youtube.
I hate youtube tv. Twice mow I've tried to select a game and been rerouted to a screen that LOOKS like a membership screen but is actually a first-day-free-but-then-they've-GOTCHA membership in some stupid British gym.

Jacksonville looked horrible against Rochester late in the season. The example given earlier was week 1 & week 4. Week 8 was even worse….or Rochester has improved that much. Either way, weeks 1 thru 8 have shown Jacksonville to be poorly equipped for anything more than a lucky win against Metamora.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT