ADVERTISEMENT

Can any program lose 4 D1 players and still win?

Kyle Davis was a Soph running back who played Varsity last season and Dimetrius Rias was also a Soph last season that looked really good, so possibly 2 junior RB's...I just heard Nakos taking some reps at WR...I haven't heard anything outside this board about Thomas missing some games, but it could be possible.

Good points. Watched them both first hand multiple times, and both are the real deal. And if Thomas does need to miss time, I know the frosh Qb was brought up but I think the junior-to-be Rad Premovic is somewhat underrated. Not one who's gonna' beat you with his arm at this point, but that's generally not MC's game and he's quick, smart, tough and fits the system well.

Reactions: McCaravan
"Their spots".

Spots are earned and not given. None of them showed up for summer workouts so my guess is no. ESL has never operated based on "waiting your turn". Underclassmen will start if they are the best player.

What is interesting is the transfer from Cahokia is now back at Cahokia.

Demarion Hinkle is back to Cahokia your saying?

Still added Perez the QB. (O'Fallon)
RB/SS Oliver McDowell from Rock Island is 6' 2 200
WR 6'3/4 Eric Rogers from Soldan in STL

Kyle Davis was a Soph running back who played Varsity last season and Dimetrius Rias was also a Soph last season that looked really good, so possibly 2 junior RB's...I just heard Nakos taking some reps at WR...I haven't heard anything outside this board about Thomas missing some games, but it could be possible.
MC - I knew there was a soph who was good last season, just couldn't come up with the name so thanks for the info. As far as Thomas missing some time, I haven't heard anything outside of the board either and I may have been the one who initially stated that he might miss some time due to USA Baseball U18 Team. I looked at the USA Baseball website and the WBCU tournament, which is the team he is trying out for, takes place Sept.1-10. The tryouts are August 18-26. So I assumed if he made the team he would miss time. If that is not the case I apologize to Alek & his family, I was just assuming he would make that team and be forced to miss some football.

Reactions: McCaravan
MC - I knew there was a soph who was good last season, just couldn't come up with the name so thanks for the info. As far as Thomas missing some time, I haven't heard anything outside of the board either and I may have been the one who initially stated that he might miss some time due to USA Baseball U18 Team. I looked at the USA Baseball website and the WBCU tournament, which is the team he is trying out for, takes place Sept.1-10. The tryouts are August 18-26. So I assumed if he made the team he would miss time. If that is not the case I apologize to Alek & his family, I was just assuming he would make that team and be forced to miss some football.
I can't see him not making any team he tries out for baseball. We will be fine week 1and 2 without him if the case

Good points. Watched them both first hand multiple times, and both are the real deal. And if Thomas does need to miss time, I know the frosh Qb was brought up but I think the junior-to-be Rad Premovic is somewhat underrated. Not one who's gonna' beat you with his arm at this point, but that's generally not MC's game and he's quick, smart, tough and fits the system well.
I think Rad is solid.

Demarion Hinkle is back to Cahokia your saying?

Still added Perez the QB. (O'Fallon)
RB/SS Oliver McDowell from Rock Island is 6' 2 200
WR 6'3/4 Eric Rogers from Soldan in STL

Kids transfer into and out of ESL every year why is this year so different. Where is the talk about the kids that left, Most leave because they think they have a better opportunity to start somewhere else. Bottom line is kids will play where they think they could get to college or at least get an offer. Again please STOP focusing on any school with transfers and make sure your school put a quality team on the field. There is nothing you or I can do about transfers, Its going to happen.

If a kid moves from MC to Phillips HS - the St Ignatius of the public league - so be it. It seems the with ability to have kids playing w/o sitting a year is a huge plus for Phillips. What the IHSA’s binders don’t want to see is the suburban kids playing with Chicago addresses. We all remember when ESL got caught with multiple players living out of district and out of state. But the IHSA only ruled on the head coach’s nephew who went to court to remove his court ordered monitoring bracelet from his ankle so he could play. His address was part of the court record.

The CPS is also desperate for something positive and also is turning a blind eye. Was it two years ago all but two of the players on Curie’s baseball team were academical ineligible and they had to forfeit all their games? Derrick Rose’s and Ben Wilson’s grades? Simeon was the flavor of the month for a long while now it’s Phillips.

MC’s 1940 offense is a part of kids moving but their academic standards and discipline have to be taken account along with the cost of tuition . Hey if I’m a 16 year old kid I’m taking the path of least resistance. Plus if I can start at Phillips as a sophomore and not have wait till my senior year it’s a no brainier.

Why is Phillips the path of least resistance.......the program is more competitive, the teachers are better prepared to teach. Keep in mind that Northwestern has offered a few kids from Phillips (Skanes and Jones) and Wesleyan (M. Fox) if you know anything about the Little Ivies... or is it now those schools are just taking kids to play or have they proven themselves in the classroom as well. Obvisiously, Phillips is doing a few things right to get these kids ready for the next level academically and athletically and the parents know that some of these schools are not up to snuff. Look at MC they had two kids Milton Greer and Matt Domer they not were even able to accept a D1 scholarship, how can your star player not be qualified four years at that school and nothing! Kids don't get recruited out of MC no more. Parents know Phillips is putting kids in college, college coaches know HF, Phillips, Bolingbrook, GBW, Simeon, Nazereth, Marist, Crete-Monee are where the players are! Kids come from Naperville, LaGrange, Hinsdale, Orland Park, Flossmoor to go to MC the academics at MC are better than Naperville N & C, Lyons, Hinsdale Central, Sandburg, even HF. Here's the truth those kids either are 1) Catholic and they wanted a catholic education 2) would not have played at those schools 3) the parents knew that they had a better chance being ranked in the top 10% at MC than any of those other schools 4) They from Chicago or a low-income suburb (Harvey, Chicago Hts., Dolton) and MC offered a scholarship

Is he saying the academics at MC are better than Naper North and Central? Or the parents "say" that? I don't have Rosetta stone for whatever he's speaking.

Thanks so much for bumping this epic. Rereading this thread acted as an appetite suppressant.

So many angles to argue, so little f's to give

Why is Phillips the path of least resistance.......the program is more competitive, the teachers are better prepared to teach. Keep in mind that Northwestern has offered a few kids from Phillips (Skanes and Jones) and Wesleyan (M. Fox) if you know anything about the Little Ivies... or is it now those schools are just taking kids to play or have they proven themselves in the classroom as well. Obvisiously, Phillips is doing a few things right to get these kids ready for the next level academically and athletically and the parents know that some of these schools are not up to snuff. Look at MC they had two kids Milton Greer and Matt Domer they not were even able to accept a D1 scholarship, how can your star player not be qualified four years at that school and nothing! Kids don't get recruited out of MC no more. Parents know Phillips is putting kids in college, college coaches know HF, Phillips, Bolingbrook, GBW, Simeon, Nazereth, Marist, Crete-Monee are where the players are! Kids come from Naperville, LaGrange, Hinsdale, Orland Park, Flossmoor to go to MC the academics at MC are better than Naperville N & C, Lyons, Hinsdale Central, Sandburg, even HF. Here's the truth those kids either are 1) Catholic and they wanted a catholic education 2) would not have played at those schools 3) the parents knew that they had a better chance being ranked in the top 10% at MC than any of those other schools 4) They from Chicago or a low-income suburb (Harvey, Chicago Hts., Dolton) and MC offered a scholarship

Whether true or not, someone from within the Illinois St program told me they will shy away from Phillips kids because of academic issues around the Collins kid , so let's not go overboard on confusing Phillips with any of the magnet schools..

Whether true or not, someone from within the Illinois St program told me they will shy away from Phillips kids because of academic issues around the Collins kid , so let's not go overboard on confusing Phillips with any of the magnet schools..

Wow...
There are athletes from every single hs in this country who have had academic issues. For you to constantly come on this board and post kids names while spouting rumors and innuendo is really pitiful. There is indeed a special place for people like you.

Kids come from Naperville, LaGrange, Hinsdale, Orland Park, Flossmoor to go to MC the academics at MC are better than Naperville N & C, Lyons, Hinsdale Central, Sandburg, even HF.
I think most of us out here in forum-land would be interested in any support evidence you can provide for this very bold statement.

Wow...
There are athletes from every single hs in this country who have had academic issues. For you to constantly come on this board and post kids names while spouting rumors and innuendo is really pitiful. There is indeed a special place for people like you.

Rumors???? Collins was not admitted to ISU for academic reasons according to a few media outlets, he then went to UNI...

How are high school kids able to transfer or declare which CPS school they plan on going to? Seems like there's some shady business going on. SMH

Reactions: BBCHS77
Kids come from Naperville, LaGrange, Hinsdale, Orland Park, Flossmoor to go to MC the academics at MC are better than Naperville N & C, Lyons, Hinsdale Central, Sandburg, even HF.

Is this a serious statement or sarcasm? Not sure.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT