ADVERTISEMENT

Biggest favorite in 5A-8A ever?

Mateesen14

Nov 14, 2003
Of 5A-8A teams, Is ESL the biggest favorite to win a state championship in the era of 5A-8A?
Anything can happen when it comes to 16-18 year olds, but having trouble thinking of a team over the past 20 years that is a bigger favorite.

Reactions: USD24
Of 5A-8A teams, Is ESL the biggest favorite to win a state championship in the era of 5A-8A?
Anything can happen when it comes to 16-18 year olds, but having trouble thinking of a team over the past 20 years that is a bigger favorite.
2015 HF and last years LWE teams were considered prohibitive favorites by most I’d say.

2002 Provi.

not sure they played a competive game that season. IIRC, won every playoff game by 20+

Reactions: USD24
Not sure I agree. Given the depth in 8A, not sure any team from history could be a prohibitive favorite.
good point -- but it is in my experience, THE team that just seemed to roll right through and dominate the regular season and the first 3 post season games - the HF game, the GW game....just to mention 2 games....just complete domination!

Reactions: WIU78
I forgot they had a loss. They were super talented and super hyped all year. It was a great game. I think I’m suffering ptsd from all of IG88’s posts from that season.
Still can't believe they let Loyola drive 97 yards to take the lead, but we're back and threatening to score in what seemed like seconds.

2005 LWE
I went to every game and never once during the season thought they would lose. That said the State Championship was one of the best games I have seen in a double overtime win against MS.

Reactions: anon_4vszfu35bv677
2005 LWE
I went to every game and never once during the season thought they would lose. That said the State Championship was one of the best games I have seen in a double overtime win against MS.
That 2005 game with us was probably the hardest hitting game Ive seen.

I remember that game well. Both teams gave it everything they had. MS learned that play at that final game of season relies on execution on each down and that you can't let up or make mistakes.

That was an awfully talented bunch too. The memories come flooding back.

The 2012 Crete Monee team was dominating in 6A. Laquon Treadwell, Lance Lenoir, Nyles Morgan , Chris Slayton and Jaylan Dunlap are all playing professional football. Very good squad.

Didn't know Dunlap made it to the league. Has any one team ever produced more Sunday players?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT