ADVERTISEMENT

One Friday down; some Class 4A and Class 5A clarity already

MalleusMaleficarum

Sep 14, 2021
Wow, one day down and some Class 4A and Class 5A clarity ALREADY exists.

Class 4A: Not really a whole lot to be said or determined except for Rochester's championship game opponent. Well, let's call that half-clarity as far as 4A is concerned.

Class 5A: JCA and Providence seem to be the cream here, but where does each end up as far as North or South Brackets are concerned? At this point at least, Kankakee appears to have more than a leg up on Peoria (yikes, Coach Thornton)!! Muddying the clarity a bit is the very likely entry of Prairie Ridge into the 5A North Bracket mix. If both JCA and Providence are in the South Bracket, look for a Prairie Ridge vs. JCA or Providence 5A championship game. Would LOVE to see a Prairie Ridge/JCA North Bracket semifinal, however!

Those are the contenders. As far as the pretenders are concerned: SHG lost too much from last year's team. With the loss to Normal Community last night and getting Rochester in week 9, they need to turn it around quick to get their 5 wins. I think Peoria gets at least 5 wins, notwithstanding their less than representative showing last night. But the aforementioned Rochester had something to do with that. Other pretenders - any team in the South bracket except Kankakee and Peoria.

Reactions: rjjtwest
My Zion looks Really good!!! There going to be a real tough out in 4a… they were up 21-0 on limestone with 6 min left in 1st quarter… great Qb and receivers!!

Reactions: rocketnation
My Zion looks Really good!!! There going to be a real tough out in 4a… they were up 21-0 on limestone with 6 min left in 1st quarter… great Qb and receivers!!
The game was called for weather sorry it resumes tonight!!

Wow, one day down and some Class 4A and Class 5A clarity ALREADY exists.

Class 4A: Not really a whole lot to be said or determined except for Rochester's championship game opponent. Well, let's call that half-clarity as far as 4A is concerned.

Class 5A: JCA and Providence seem to be the cream here, but where does each end up as far as North or South Brackets are concerned? At this point at least, Kankakee appears to have more than a leg up on Peoria (yikes, Coach Thornton)!! Muddying the clarity a bit is the very likely entry of Prairie Ridge into the 5A North Bracket mix. If both JCA and Providence are in the South Bracket, look for a Prairie Ridge vs. JCA or Providence 5A championship game. Would LOVE to see a Prairie Ridge/JCA North Bracket semifinal, however!

Those are the contenders. As far as the pretenders are concerned: SHG lost too much from last year's team. With the loss to Normal Community last night and getting Rochester in week 9, they need to turn it around quick to get their 5 wins. I think Peoria gets at least 5 wins, notwithstanding their less than representative showing last night. But the aforementioned Rochester had something to do with that. Other pretenders - any team in the South bracket except Kankakee and Peoria.
All.... I have NLP and Kankakee when the postseason arrives to be 6A. It will be close for the Celtics as they are on that 5A/6A cut line. As I mentioned at the Black and Gold JCA should end up in the South bracket of 16 in 5A. Ratsy

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT