ADVERTISEMENT

Bears

Fields had some silly moves today. Left a lot defenders holding their jockstraps. Is he the QB of this franchise? I don’t know but he is electric and deserves a role in the NFL whether it’s here or somewhere else and it doesn’t have to be at QB.

Fields had some silly moves today. Left a lot defenders holding their jockstraps. Is he the QB of this franchise? I don’t know but he is electric and deserves a role in the NFL whether it’s here or somewhere else and it doesn’t have to be at QB.
he is not moving off QB....he will be an NFL starting QB.

Have you started drinking already? If they keep Fields, he is their future, so why would they draft another QB?
Yes I have! Lol
That said you have to have a back up. You have to be smart about it. A good team has a very good up and coming QB waiting in the wings. Not a washed up has been that isn’t going to be the future. Just saying.
Happy New Years! Roll Tide! 🤣

Man it's gonna be entertaining here if the Bears trade the #1 pick and don't get 6 picks including 3 future first round picks from a team to move up one or two spots. Everyone will talk about how the Bears got ripped off and basically gave the pick away.

I'll ask the question again, if roles were reversed and the Bears were sitting at 3 and let's say Washington had the #1 pick and the Bears offered a 2nd and 3rd next year and a 1st and 2nd in 2025 to move up 2 spots would you be ok with that?
Bears have Fields so no I wouldn’t want them to move up for a QB. If I was a fan of another team it may be different.

Yes I have! Lol
That said you have to have a back up. You have to be smart about it. A good team has a very good up and coming QB waiting in the wings. Not a washed up has been that isn’t going to be the future. Just saying.
Happy New Years! Roll Tide! 🤣
Name Mahomes' backup. Name Lamar's backup. Name Purdy's backup. Name Tua's backup. Name Allen's backup. Name Dak's backup.

How many of them are very good or up and coming? Just saying.

Name Mahomes' backup. Name Lamar's backup. Name Purdy's backup. Name Tua's backup. Name Allen's backup. Name Dak's backup.

How many of them are very good or up and coming? Just saying.
😂 I get what you are saying but we don’t a starter that compares to any of these starters. All I am saying is we need a young up and comer if at all possible. We never know if Justin is the guy and he is a run away of being injured. It is smart to have another guy that has the potential to be a starter and is young enough to be around for awhile. I just don’t like the fill the gap for a year or two. Unless you’re talking about a veteran who has 5-6 years left. Then I will listen. I don’t believe Russel Wilson is the guy. IMO. You want to talk about Josh Allen or Patrick Mahomes then I will listen. 😂

If you watched yesterday and your first thought is either lets trade Fields or draft Maye or Williams, I contend and challenge your football acumen.

That wasn’t some schlepp defense that he picked apart, that was the 8th ranked pass D in the league.

Clearly there is something building here. They are a top 10 defense the last month. The have the No 1 run defense in the league - No 1.

Again if you can’t see what’s happening and that Fields is very much a part of this, I have to wonder about your football acumen.

If you watched yesterday and your first thought is either lets trade Fields or draft Maye or Williams, I contend and challenge your football acumen.

That wasn’t some schlepp defense that he picked apart, that was the 8th ranked pass D in the league.

Clearly there is something building here. They are a top 10 defense the last month. The have the No 1 run defense in the league - No 1.

Again if you can’t see what’s happening and that Fields is very much a part of this, I have to wonder about your football acumen.
Agreed
I say we keep Fields and draft Marvin Harrison, then a good O-lineman maybe a D-Lineman whoever is a better talent then set our sites on a rookie QB in the later rounds. This draft has a bunch of QBs and we could get a diamond in the rough. Who knows. I am good with staying with Fields because he is improving each year. By the way get rid of our OC. Just saying.

Last edited:
Getsy has some obsession with turning fields into Rodgers it started with what foot is up in shot gun…by the end of the season he plays to the strengths but why does it take 15 weeks???

I agree 💯
Fields is not perfect or a finished product, but his ceiling is undeniable.
There has never been a game where I watched and thought he was THE problem. He needs to improve on getting the hot read on blitzes, but otherwise I think the biggest problem with the offense has been short yardage calls, general scheme and trying to make JF1 into something he’s not and shouldn’t be.
If the Bears let him get away to a competent franchise, I think we fans will regret it.

Reactions: lweastdad
Reset the rookie contract and reset the rebuild.

No need to be a homer, McCarthy ain't it. He has yet to be asked to do anything. He's been serviceable, but Michigan is where they are because of the running game and defense. In the 3 games against ranked opponents he combined for 355 yards and 1 TD. He may end up being good, but he's not a day 1 starting NFL QB.
😉

Lots to say. First of all, the upcoming game in Green Bay on Sunday will be the biggest and most important of Fields' career to this point. I say this for a few reasons. First, it's Green Bay and losing to that team is sinful. Second, and most importantly, a win by the Packers puts them into the playoffs. If the Bears beat them and Seattle wins they leapfrog over Green Bay. Forget the Vikings. Too much has to happen for them.

This is a big opportunity for Fields to to advance his career here. A loss could actually doom him...especially if he plays badly as well.

In looking at the game on Sunday, Fields played well. But that is an average game for the better QBs in the league. Again, the bar around here is lower for him. "Over the last six games he has played since coming back from the injury he has completed 60.4% of his passes, averaged 202.2 yards passing and thrown five TD passes against three interceptions for an 80.9 passer rating. He has also averaged 65.5 yards rushing and scored three TDs and lost two fumbles."

This stuff is hardly eye-popping. The Bears have won four of their last six games but who have they beaten? Only one of those wins came against a team over .500 and both losses came against teams over .500. As a matter of fact the Bears have beaten only one team this year that is over .500 when they beat Detroit. In games they played where teams are .500 or better they are 1-6. So, they have beaten crap teams and lost to better teams. If you think this is some huge improvement I have a bridge to sell you.

Reactions: stl705
He made some extremely high level throws in that game.
Outside of Moore he’s throwing to practice squad guys. Robert tonyan was our second leading pass catcher. The rookie scott dropped a TD on a perfect pass. Outside Moore, our WRs had 3 catches for 26 yards. Any of these upcoming rookies will be an immediate upgrade for Fields to connect on these opportunities.

Everyone outside of Chicago is saying to take Williams. Personally I like Fields intangibles and mental toughness for this city and organization, which is lost in these discussions.

Outside of Moore he’s throwing to practice squad guys. Robert tonyan was our second leading pass catcher. The rookie scott dropped a TD on a perfect pass. Outside Moore, our WRs had 3 catches for 26 yards. Any of these upcoming rookies will be an immediate upgrade for Fields to connect on these opportunities.

Everyone outside of Chicago is saying to take Williams. Personally I like Fields intangibles and mental toughness for this city and organization, which is lost in these discussions.
The TD Scott didn’t catch was maybe the best throw of the game and that’s saying something cause he dropped two to Moore that were perfect.

i agree. Williams does not have the mental toughness and intangibles that fields has

I still think some public relations needle-threading or triangulation is behind the push for C. Williams versus D. Maye.

The more I think about it, the more I believe the Bears will keep Fields, Eberflus, but Getsy is a question mark. I am not saying I agree and I don't think it's the right move. But taken in order, the Bears know what they have with Fields. There is no guarantee any QB drafted will succeed in the NFL. And if the Bears organization thinks Fields will continue to improve and if they think he has a good upside they won't let him go. They will make what they think is the safe move by keeping him.

With Eberflus the Bears may look at the recent past games and see the games won compared to games lost. They have won more than they have lost in recent weeks and wins and losses do come first even though I asked "who are they beating?" Add to that the fact that the defense has improved immensely and Eberflus and Poles do deserve credit for it. I think they have to consider what making a head coaching change will do. It would be the third HC Fields has had and it is very very hard to gain success in the NFL if an organization makes change after change when it comes to a HC or GM and the Bears history with this over the past 15-20 years is horrible.

Getsy is a question mark IMO. I don't think he will be retained but one never knows with this organization. I write this not to say I agree with it. But, I do think it's a path the Bears might take and one I wouldn't be surprised with.

Reactions: forlouann
The more I think about it, the more I believe the Bears will keep Fields, Eberflus, but Getsy is a question mark. I am not saying I agree and I don't think it's the right move. But taken in order, the Bears know what they have with Fields. There is no guarantee any QB drafted will succeed in the NFL. And if the Bears organization thinks Fields will continue to improve and if they think he has a good upside they won't let him go. They will make what they think is the safe move by keeping him.

With Eberflus the Bears may look at the recent past games and see the games won compared to games lost. They have won more than they have lost in recent weeks and wins and losses do come first even though I asked "who are they beating?" Add to that the fact that the defense has improved immensely and Eberflus and Poles do deserve credit for it. I think they have to consider what making a head coaching change will do. It would be the third HC Fields has had and it is very very hard to gain success in the NFL if an organization makes change after change when it comes to a HC or GM and the Bears history with this over the past 15-20 years is horrible.

Getsy is a question mark IMO. I don't think he will be retained but one never knows with this organization. I write this not to say I agree with it. But, I do think it's a path the Bears might take and one I wouldn't be surprised with.
If I was to bet on it I would agree.

Reactions: LTHSALUM76
I think it comes down to whether or not Poles/Bears fall in love with one of the QB's. Would be incredibly rare for a team to have the #1 pick, and a QB prospect they love, and still not take the QB.

I think it comes down to whether or not Poles/Bears fall in love with one of the QB's. Would be incredibly rare for a team to have the #1 pick, and a QB prospect they love, and still not take the QB.
Apparently Stephen A Smith thinks the Bears would be crazy not to draft Williams.

My what a couple months difference can make. Remember week 5 or 6 when we were like 4-21 the last how many games.

‘Flus has really impressed me keeping this team together because quite honestly, this shoulda been a 3 win team after all the adversity we saw at the beginning of the season.

For as dejected as I was about the team back then, I’m really seeing the light now. And I absolutely trashed Poles and co… well thanks for proving my dumbass wrong boys!!

• Haha
Reactions: Gene K.
My what a couple months difference can make. Remember week 5 or 6 when we were like 4-21 the last how many games.

‘Flus has really impressed me keeping this team together because quite honestly, this shoulda been a 3 win team after all the adversity we saw at the beginning of the season.

For as dejected as I was about the team back then, I’m really seeing the light now. And I absolutely trashed Poles and co… well thanks for proving my dumbass wrong boys!!
Let’s not get all crazy now. It’s a start that certainly needs to keep moving in the right direction. I want a win against the Crackers before I go all giddy! Lol
St705 I hear ya. We need to keep the petal down and keep adding pieces to the puzzle. I like what I am seeing but we need to add the right players in the draft. We need to get Fields help, add Marvin or maybe the Washington top receiver. Add a top Offensive lineman and draft another QB in the later rounds. If they can pull this off the Bears will then be a team to be reckoned with. I am optimistic but cautiously holding my breath that the Bears brass don’t screw it up. 😊

Reactions: stl705
Let’s not get all crazy now. It’s a start that certainly needs to keep moving in the right direction. I want a win against the Crackers before I go all giddy! Lol
St705 I hear ya. We need to keep the petal down and keep adding pieces to the puzzle. I like what I am seeing but we need to add the right players in the draft. We need to get Fields help, add Marvin or maybe the Washington top receiver. Add a top Offensive lineman and draft another QB in the later rounds. If they can pull this off the Bears will then be a team to be reckoned with. I am optimistic but cautiously holding my breath that the Bears brass don’t screw it up. 😊
Corey, you left one thing out when looking at the Bears' future. They need to start beating good teams.

Reactions: corey90
After watching Houston beat the Colts it really hurts to see we didn’t take Will Anderson! Look at what our d-line would have looked like. Who did we get instead? I actually don’t remember. I sure hope in this draft we go after some game changers. We have enough every day players we need some talented game changers. Let’s start with either Harrison or Rome Odunze. It doesn’t matter to me which one as they are both very good and are what the Bears & Fields really needs!

After watching Houston beat the Colts it really hurts to see we didn’t take Will Anderson! Look at what our d-line would have looked like. Who did we get instead? I actually don’t remember. I sure hope in this draft we go after some game changers. We have enough every day players we need some talented game changers. Let’s start with either Harrison or Rome Odunze. It doesn’t matter to me which one as they are both very good and are what the Bears & Fields really needs!
They traded down and got Darnell wright, Tyrone Stevenson, DJ Moore and the 1 st draft pick this year. And a second round next year

If the Packers offer Love to the Bears straight up for Fields, would you do it?

Lweastdad and Corey,

I admire your guts for answering the question unlike some others on this thread.
I will add the Bears are a couple players away for them to pass the Packers. Jordan Love isn’t that good. He has more pieces to the puzzle to work with. If the Bears draft right they pass the Packers and the tide changes. It’s going to happen unless the Bears brass screw the pooch! It’s ours for the taking!

Reactions: Wassup13
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT