ADVERTISEMENT

Bears

I find it strange how there are many fans are behind Fields but the sportswriters want him gone. Are they just tryng to generate a story?

Last edited:
To me the question is: "Can the Bears do better than Fields, Eberflus and Getsy?" And I think the answer is yes on all three.

Can the Bears do better on their OL and DL?"

Let's not forget their are 22 positions on the field in these discussions and not just the 1 or 3 or 5 that everyone continuously talk about.

Reactions: 4Afan
Take a look at Troy Aikman's record in his first three yeears - not a lot different from Fields.

Mooney is killing us this year. I had very high expectations for him and was confident he would come through. He has not.

Reactions: 4Afan
Would you trade the Bears 2nd pick to the Raiders for Crosby? I would in a heartbeat! lol
Merry Christmas guys! Love to think about the Bears possibilities! This is a stretch but boy what a combo it would be with Sweat on one side and Crosby on the other. Wow

Would you trade the Bears 2nd pick to the Raiders for Crosby? I would in a heartbeat! lol
Merry Christmas guys! Love to think about the Bears possibilities! This is a stretch but boy what a combo it would be with Sweat on one side and Crosby on the other. Wow
Not exactly sure what I’d give up to get Crosby, but watching that game should be a reminder that a QB can’t do it all by himself. Mahomes looked like hot garbage out there today.

Not exactly sure what I’d give up to get Crosby, but watching that game should be a reminder that a QB can’t do it all by himself. Mahomes looked like hot garbage out there today.
Yeah but at the same time it was close enough to keep his team in the game. He literally has no one in offense.

Reactions: Gene K.
Yeah but at the same time it was close enough to keep his team in the game. He literally has no one in offense.
I think you are kinda making my point although I don’t know how much he kept his team in the game. He threw a pick 6, had numerous other bad throws that coulda got picked and they lost at home to the Raiders.
He had very little time to throw for the most part and looked terrible. Of course it wasn’t all his fault, it’s just that almost any QB, even Mahomes, in a bad situation is gonna look … well… bad.

Reactions: Gene K. and 4Afan
I think you are kinda making my point although I don’t know how much he kept his team in the game. He threw a pick 6, had numerous other bad throws that coulda got picked and they lost at home to the Raiders.
He had very little time to throw for the most part and looked terrible. Of course it wasn’t all his fault, it’s just that almost any QB, even Mahomes, in a bad situation is gonna look … well… bad.
Totally agree but where we might differ is a great QB will always keep you in a game and give you a chance. You won’t change the channel if Mahomes, Rogers, Brady, maybe Josh Allen or Joe Burrow regardless of the score because those guys can bring you back.

NO QB has a good game every time. Mahomes' completion percentage and passer rating were still better than Justin Fields' numbers. And people call Fields game an improvement of sorts and Mahomes' game as a disaster. Let that sink in.

It was close because Vegas couldn’t move the ball at all for most of the game until the final drive.
The Raiders didn't complete a pass after the 1st quarter and won without the offense scoring a TD. That hasn't happened to the Chiefs at Arrowhead in decades, or maybe ever.

BTW. Did anyone know the Lions can still claim the number one seed in the playoffs? If the 49ers lose one of their remaining games and the Lions win both of theirs they get the one spot. The Lions have the tie-breaker against the Eagles.

NO QB has a good game every time. Mahomes' completion percentage and passer rating were still better than Justin Fields' numbers. And people call Fields game an improvement of sorts and Mahomes' game as a disaster. Let that sink in.
Since all you care about is the numbers, the Bears also didn't need Fields to throw 44 times like Mahomes did since they ran for 250 yards and the Chiefs ran for 85 yards.

LTHSALUM76 must be a sports writer! Hahahaha
How did you know??? LOL! But check these threads and look at your past posts. Some of yours suggested the Bears get rid of Fields.

I read an interesting article in the Sun Times this morning about...Fields. In the article the writer said, "teams that don't know if they have the right QB usually don't." And Fields isn't the worst QB in the league. But he certainly isn't close to being the best either. I agree with the writer that Fields is in the middle. His passer rating at this point is just a touch below last year. So, this isn't going to be an easy decision although I don't think it should be that difficult either.

I can't help but wonder if the Bears knew Fields would be where he is today, when they drafted him, would they have done it? If the answer is yes, then keep him. If it's no, time to find a new QB.

Reactions: Gene K.
How did you know??? LOL! But check these threads and look at your past posts. Some of yours suggested the Bears get rid of Fields.

I read an interesting article in the Sun Times this morning about...Fields. In the article the writer said, "teams that don't know if they have the right QB usually don't." And Fields isn't the worst QB in the league. But he certainly isn't close to being the best either. I agree with the writer that Fields is in the middle. His passer rating at this point is just a touch below last year. So, this isn't going to be an easy decision although I don't think it should be that difficult either.

I can't help but wonder if the Bears knew Fields would be where he is today, when they drafted him, would they have done it? If the answer is yes, then keep him. If it's no, time to find a new QB.
So who in your opinion should the Bears get to replace him that makes the Bears better than they are right now?

Since all you care about is the numbers, the Bears also didn't need Fields to throw 44 times like Mahomes did since they ran for 250 yards and the Chiefs ran for 85 yards.
Oh, you again. I am and always have been a "bottom line" guy. The numbers are the bottom line after wins and losses. You cannot deny my point if you picked it up. If not, Mahomes and Fields had very similar games in the numbers. Yet Mahomes' effort was a disaster in some minds and Fields' effort was an improvement. Once again it goes to show you the low bar Fields has. Do you get it now or do you need more help?

Oh, you again. I am and always have been a "bottom line" guy. The numbers are the bottom line after wins and losses. You cannot deny my point if you picked it up. If not, Mahomes and Fields had very similar games in the numbers. Yet Mahomes' effort was a disaster in some minds and Fields' effort was an improvement. Once again it goes to show you the low bar Fields has. Do you get it now or do you need more help?
Gonna need help, oh wise one. If you ask anyone who knows anything who watched both games who had the better game this weekend, Fields or Mahomes, you'd be hard pressed to find anyone that would say Mahomes even though he had better numbers. Once again, numbers don't always paint the full picture.

Gonna need help, oh wise one. If you ask anyone who knows anything who watched both games who had the better game this weekend, Fields or Mahomes, you'd be hard pressed to find anyone that would say Mahomes even though he had better numbers. Once again, numbers don't always paint the full picture.
I didn't say Mahomes had a better game. You really need to learn how to read AND comprehend what you're reading and understand what the writer is saying. I am saying their numbers are similar but look at how people see those numbers. Neither of them had a "good game" ok? But in the eyes of a lot of fans Fields numbers were ok while Mahomes' numbers were disastrous. Once again, it really shows just how low the bar is for Fields.

I didn't say Mahomes had a better game. You really need to learn how to read AND comprehend what you're reading and understand what the writer is saying. I am saying their numbers are similar but look at how people see those numbers. Neither of them had a "good game" ok? But in the eyes of a lot of fans Fields numbers were ok while Mahomes' numbers were disastrous. Once again, it really shows just how low the bar is for Fields.
Glad you mentioned reading comprehension. Please cite the post where anyone here mentioned Mahomes' or Fields' numbers. No one did, other than you of course. Hell, I don't see where anyone here even said that Fields had a good game. So you're argument of
But in the eyes of a lot of fans Fields numbers were ok while Mahomes' numbers were disastrous.
is debunked. All anyone said was Mahomes had a bad game, which he did. Once again, numbers don't tell the whole story. The Bears and Chiefs game weren't even comparable, the Bears were playing from in front and didn't need Fields to do anything spectacular or put up big numbers, whereas Mahomes was directly responsible for both of the Raiders TD's, seven seconds apart. So later in the game he had to pass more, so it stands to reason he would have better numbers than Fields. One can have better numbers and still look worse.

Even if you put Mahomes and Fields on the same level, which they're obviously not, if you're comparing the two this week most everyone will say that Fields had a better game than Mahomes. It doesn't matter what the numbers are, that's the simple fact for this week.

It has nothing to do with low bar or high bar, one QB can look better and have a better game than another QB without having better numbers. In that same game Kyler Murray had better numbers than Fields, so what, Arizona lost. Bryce Young had better numbers than Fields, but Carolina still lost to GB.

Lamar Jackson. LOL!! I mean what the hell? You asked.
So you have no thought on who the Bears should bring in or draft, that would be available, would make the Bears better than they are right now? So you're one of those that likes to complain just for the sake of complaining?

I know
I am on the fence with Fields. My rule has always been 3 years if no improvement your gone. I think I saw some improvement this year, maybe not in his stats but a slight improvement. Maybe it’s just me not wanting to start over again? Any case I feel like keeping him one more year and add M Harrison and another line man or Edge rusher. See if Fields can win with DJ and Marvin. If he can’t well excuses will be over.

So who in your opinion should the Bears get to replace him that makes the Bears better than they are right now?

Nobody keep Fields.

Drafting from this QB class in the first round won't do anything more than drafting Taylor Swift for QB.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT