ADVERTISEMENT

Bears

I was just going to say that Ramblinman. It’s early but I think the Bears found their quarterback. It’s amazing how all of the sudden the OL looks good.
Home game Vs the Raiders is not the toughest matchup. They go on the road the next 2 weeks including SNF. Then another prime time game followed by a trip to Detroit. Let’s talk in 4 weeks.

Reactions: Wolffan64 and 4Afan
Hold your horses.
I’m generally happy with the execution today, but this could easily be described as “game manager” or check down Charlie play. Bears currently winning with solid defense, great running game, and the QB is making enough plays to keep drives going.
I’m fine with it, but in the past, this type of QB play wasn’t good enough for some fans.
Exactly. Like the kid but still has less than 200 yards on over 20 completions.

Hold your horses.
I’m generally happy with the execution today, but this could easily be described as “game manager” or check down Charlie play. Bears currently winning with solid defense, great running game, and the QB is making enough plays to keep drives going.
I’m fine with it, but in the past, this type of QB play wasn’t good enough for some fans.
Exactly. 5.6 yard average

Reactions: 4Afan
Hold your horses.
He is going through his progressions and finding and making the accurate throws. It’s his 2nd game so he looks good so far. I will take it and will see if he keeps improving. Our Kicker is a stud! 54 yarder.

He is going through his progressions and finding and making the accurate throws. It’s his 2nd game so he looks good so far. I will take it and will see if he keeps improving. Our Kicker is a stud! 54 yarder.
I’ve seen enough to think Bagent is a serviceable NFL QB, but I’m definitely not sold that he’s the guy you want when/if the Bears are playing meaningful games in the future.

Home game Vs the Raiders is not the toughest matchup. They go on the road the next 2 weeks including SNF. Then another prime time game followed by a trip to Detroit. Let’s talk in 4 weeks.
Agree! Listen I know it’s the Bears and we still have a shit coach. This young guy has brought some life into the offense. I could tell last week and it seems to have continued. The defense has also stepped up.

I agree. I know it's only one damn game, but this kid has it.
Has what? Hasn't been in any stressful situation and hasn't gone down field once. I like him and want to see what he can do, but he's not ready to be anointed.

Perfect example, they talked about it earlier, when Hoyer was on the Bears and threw for 3 or 4 straight 300 yard games. How'd that work out long term?

21/29 169….eventually he has to push the ball vertically. But for a 1st start he did what was asked, good for him.
I think sometimes we conflate amazing stats with great games. Football is simple, don’t turn it over and okay good defense - running the ball helps and you win.

💯 agree he will need to throw down field more but he looks like he’s done this for a while. Interested to see him play next week if they let him.

Hold your horses.
I get it. I said Justin who half seriously. I'm not ready to hand him the job once Fields gets healthy.

My expectation level for Bagent was not high. I was pleasantly surprised he didn't crap his pants. Not only did he not crap his pants, but he actually shined.

He was an asset and not a liability. Can't ask for much more than that from a rookie QB making his first NFL start.

I think sometimes we conflate amazing stats with great games. Football is simple, don’t turn it over and okay good defense - running the ball helps and you win.

💯 agree he will need to throw down field more but he looks like he’s done this for a while. Interested to see him play next week if they let him.
He followed a game plan of screens and dump offs and he executed it well. But that doesn’t play long term.

Has what? Hasn't been in any stressful situation and hasn't gone down field once. I like him and want to see what he can do, but he's not ready to be anointed.

Perfect example, they talked about it earlier, when Hoyer was on the Bears and threw for 3 or 4 straight 300 yard games. How'd that work out long term?
Has what it takes to be a starter in the NFL. Not sure if you've noticed, but they didn't need to go downfield.

When he escaped, he hit his WRs, and a few were past ten yards.

Good command of the huddle. Better release than JF--who is a starter, btw.

Bears struggled to score in the red zone with JF, who is a starter, btw. Baegent didn't struggle today.

I get it. I said Justin who half seriously. I'm not ready to hand him the job once Fields gets healthy.

My expectation level for Bagent was not high. I was pleasantly surprised he didn't crap his pants. Not only did he not crap his pants, but he actually shined.

He was an asset and not a liability. Can't ask for much more than that from a rookie QB making his first NFL start.
💯
He’s shown he belongs. Based on what we’ve seen so far, he very likely has just secured himself a roster spot as at least QB2 somewhere for a good long time.
I’m just not on board thinking that he’s gonna be the guy at the helm if the Bears ever find themselves back in contention and (gulp) winning playoff games.

Has what it takes to be a starter in the NFL. Not sure if you've noticed, but they didn't need to go downfield.

Bears struggled to score in the red zone with JF, who is a starter, btw. Baegent didn't struggle today.
They didn't even trust him to take a knee! Need to see way more out of him to determine if he can consistently start in the NFL. One game against a team that hasn't scored 20 points in a game all season isn't convincing enough.

Reactions: corey90
He followed a game plan of screens and dump offs and he executed it well. But that doesn’t play long term.
No but for his first game he did good. I have seen much worse from rookie backups. Seriously if Fields is back next week plays poorly the fans will absolutely give it to the Bears. It will also be interesting to see if the team rallies around Fields? Seems like a different team with Bagent. Not just the QB play but the running game, OL and defense all looked better than at any point this year or last year. Interesting! We have 2 wins in a shit division.
Detroit looked like we remember them in the past losing 38-6 to the Ravens.

No but for his first game he did good. I have seen much worse from rookie backups. Seriously if Fields is back next week plays poorly the fans will absolutely give it to the Bears. It will also be interesting to see if the team rallies around Fields? Seems like a different team with Bagent. Not just the QB play but the running game, OL and defense all looked better than at any point this year or last year. Interesting! We have 2 wins in a shit division.
Detroit looked like we remember them in the past losing 38-6 to the Ravens.
Running game has had the same amount of yards they had today over the last 4 or 5 games. Don't wear rose colored glasses over one game. Is everyone forgetting the fumble and the pick he had last week? Will see how he does next week against a team that can actually score and he has to make something happen.

That game plan doesn’t win you anything meaningful. They will open things up and then you can evaluate.

Reactions: 4Afan
They didn't even trust him to take a knee! Need to see way more out of him to determine if he can consistently start in the NFL. One game against a team that hasn't scored 20 points in a game all season isn't convincing enough.
I agree. But, I am going out on a limb and making this prediction. Way I feel right now, I want him to start next week.

The starter has lost many games with that game plan. Baegent is 1-0, already.

He played a very good game today. He looked like a starting QB.
No, he looked like a QB the coaches had zero faith in so they didn't call anything more than 7 yards down field. Remember, he saw the field last week too and look what he did when he was pressured.

No, he didn't play a good game today? It's his first start. They did same thing with JF and he wasn't effective. Btw, JF is a starter.

So, QBs thrown into a game and had NO preparation should perform very effectively? He did lead them to TD, you know that, right?
How many times has Starter JF thrown an INT? Or fumbled for a TD?

Bagent was a managerial QB today. He did well.

His test will be when the Bears are playing a good team and down at least 10 points. How will he perform then? I hope he passes that test!

Anyway in the draft give me the OSU WR and with the other top pick trade down and get me more o linemen and d linemen.

Stay away from the QB from Ohio State West known as USC. Give Fields one more year to prove himself with more protection and weapons.

I'm done with the cycle of drafting 1st round QBs every 3 years Never again.

Reactions: Wittymoniker1
I’d guess he starts until Justin is 100%.

His test will be when the Bears are playing a good team and down at least 10 points. How will he perform then? I hope he passes that test!

Anyway in the draft give me the OSU WR and with the other top pick trade down and get me more o linemen and d linemen.

Stay away from the QB from Ohio State West known as USC. Give Fields one more year to prove himself with more protection and weapons.

They have Fields who we're still waiting for to produce and upstart Baegent. Let them battle it out next year. No QB in R1. I agree. WR and interior linemen.

Reactions: Wassup13
They have Fields who we're still waiting for to produce and upstart Baegent. Let them battle it out next year. No QB in R1. I agree. WR and interior linemen.

Exactly you still improve the team with those draft picks. Let Fields and Bagent fight it out.

Stay out of drafting another 1st round QB that starts another 3 year cycle.

All the college QBs this year are overrated. McCarthy may stay at Michigan one more year.

Reactions: Gene K.
Exactly you still improve the team with those draft picks. Let Fields and Bagent fight it out.

Stay out of drafting another 1st round QB that starts another 3 year cycle.

All the college QBs this year are overrated. McCarthy may stay at Michigan one more year.
I tend to agree. Only problem is the cap hit after the rookie QB deal.
Williams from USC was pretty underwhelming again in a big game last night. Played “ok” I guess, but zero TD passes in a home loss.

No, he looked like a QB the coaches had zero faith in so they didn't call anything more than 7 yards down field. Remember, he saw the field last week too and look what he did when he was pressured.
He threw one errant pass last week. Let's not throw Baby Bagent out with the bath water just yet.

He threw one errant pass last week. Let's not throw Baby Bagent out with the bath water just yet.
Don't forget the fumble. I want the kid to succeed, but man do Bears fans have blind optimism after one game where the kid was basically a game manager against a team with a worse offense than the Bears.

I agree except Fields. If this kid continues to improve I would ride that pony. I have seen enough of Fields. 3 years and no improvement, much of the same old crap. I agree don’t draft a QB, let’s focus on the offense and defense. OSU receiver would be great. Sorry but Fields isn’t the answer. Not sure who it was that said wait until JJ comes out and draft him. I actually like that idea. Local kid that has a bright future and seems to be a leader. The only downside is the Bears are where QBs go to die and I don’t wish that on the kid. 😂

Reactions: Wolffan64
I agree except Fields. If this kid continues to improve I would ride that pony. I have seen enough of Fields. 3 years and no improvement, much of the same old crap. I agree don’t draft a QB, let’s focus on the offense and defense. OSU receiver would be great. Sorry but Fields isn’t the answer. Not sure who it was that said wait until JJ comes out and draft him. I actually like that idea. Local kid that has a bright future and seems to be a leader. The only downside is the Bears are where QBs go to die and I don’t wish that on the kid. 😂

Got it. Make Fields compete with Bagent. Maybe things change??

Don't forget the fumble. I want the kid to succeed, but man do Bears fans have blind optimism after one game where the kid was basically a game manager against a team with a worse offense than the Bears.
Were you happy with Fields' performance against Denver? If so, please don't let "blind optimism . . . . against a team with a worse offense than the Bears" affect you.

Reactions: FalconPadre
Were you happy with Fields' performance against Denver? If so, please don't let "blind optimism . . . . against a team with a worse offense than the Bears" affect you.
No happier than I was with his performance against Washington. He had two good weeks against terrible teams. I'm not a Fields fan, but saying this kid is the answer after one game against a bad team is just foolish. At least wait until after next week when he plays in prime time against a team that is currently in a going up and down the field with KC. He'll need to make a play against the Chargers and not just throw screens.

I missed the game but big Kudos to the rook!! Keep playing like this and we’re bringing in more help for him in the draft!

No happier than I was with his performance against Washington. He had two good weeks against terrible teams. I'm not a Fields fan, but saying this kid is the answer after one game against a bad team is just foolish. At least wait until after next week when he plays in prime time against a team that is currently in a going up and down the field with KC. He'll need to make a play against the Chargers and not just throw screens.
Great point and duly noted. He probably will struggle on the road. I see a lot of potential in him.

4A
Think at what you just wrote. Our coaches had zero faith! That’s the same coaches who know nothing about how to coach a QB. 😂
Last week he had no chance to get ready. His first start he wins the game like he knew what he was doing. The rest of the team played better because the trust they had in him. They believe in him. That’s a big part of being successful. I am willing to give the kid a shot. We gave Fields way more chances.

Bears won. fans are excited. Can't say that real often. Give the kid another chance.
Funny but the NFC North is so bad the Bears still have a shot if they can build on this game. I mean other than Detroit everyone has the same record. I think that Detroit is an impostor and they are not as good as their record. The Ravens just showed everyone how bad they are.

How about we keep both? Justin stays the starter, and coaches can pull the gloves off and let him run more. We have a capable backup if he does go down for a few plays or a game. Getting the max abilities out of Fields will give defenses lots of trouble.

Reactions: Alexander32
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT