ADVERTISEMENT

Bears

Really wondering what the vision for Soldier Field would look like when the Bears leave, according to the "brain trust" of Pritzker, Preckwinkle and Johnson. Also, how this exit to the 'burbs is spun to avoid a legacy stain on the threesome could be interesting, if they even care. Too much other more serious stuff going on anyway to sweat some 10 events annually.

similar to what the Ricketts did (first upgraded wrigley, then updated the surrounding area with gallagher way, etc.). BTW I have nothing but positive things to say on the “new Wrigley”, Ricketts did a fantastic job!! Hopefully Warren has the same advisors.
I would agree with you. The Ricketts family has really turned that into a gold mine and I have always had an enjoyable experience at Wrigley. I am a recovering Sox fan. Changed my allegiance to another team because I am done with Reinsdorf and that team. Went back to the team I originally liked when I was a kid till Dick Allen joined the Sox.

Reactions: corey90 and stl705
I would agree with you. The Ricketts family has really turned that into a gold mine and I have always had an enjoyable experience at Wrigley. I am a recovering Sox fan. Changed my allegiance to another team because I am done with Reinsdorf and that team. Went back to the team I originally liked when I was a kid till Dick Allen joined the Sox.
Welcome back!

Justin Fields looks like he still does not have a offensive line.

What happened with the O Line draft picks the Bears made the last two years?

How’s the upcoming draft look? What an effing joke!! Every effing year the same old effing Bears!

It comes down to the Bears have no idea who to pick in the 1st round of the draft or do not pick the most dominant player on the board.

Last edited:
Reactions: LTHSALUM76
I’m sorry but if you watched this game today and your first thought is Justin Fields isn’t the guy, then I don’t know quite what you watched.

He certainly wasn’t perfect but in the pecking order of problems, he wasn’t in the top 5.

I’m sorry but if you watched this game today and your first thought is Justin Fields isn’t the guy, then I don’t know quite what you watched.

He certainly wasn’t perfect but in the pecking order of problems, he wasn’t in the top 5.
He still holds the ball way too long and does not see wide open players. The announcer were praising him for check it down instead of running and then in the course of the replay realized he missed his new star wide receiver on a corner route with plenty of separation. He was not the biggest problem today but he was up there with his two turnovers.

Reactions: LTHSALUM76
He still holds the ball way too long and does not see wide open players. The announcer were praising him for check it down instead of running and then in the course of the replay realized he missed his new star wide receiver on a corner route with plenty of separation. He was not the biggest problem today but he was up there with his two turnovers.
Wide open receivers? Um yah guys were wide open but pretty hard to see the guys that were open when you’re basically on your back.

Far from the reason why they lost -

Wide open receivers? Um yah guys were wide open but pretty hard to see the guys that were open when you’re basically on your back.

Was he the worst guy out there, no but he is in year three and needs to show more improvement or he will have to go. Throwing short passes and running when the pocket breaks down isn’t a recipe to make the playoffs.

Reactions: chiliconcarne

On the play they showed, Moore ran a corner route and had plenty of separation. Fields has time and was looking right at him. The replay angle was from right behind him and the announcer even pointed out that he was open. Yes he was under pressure a lot but when he did have time, Fields still holds the ball way too long. I agree he was not the reason they lost but all we heard all offseason was how much he improved but definitely did not show it today.

Reactions: forlouann
So Glad Skoronski didn’t go from one crap program to another. The Bears did him a favor.
Embarrassing they are. Play calling was JV football stuff. Their passion for mediocrity is impressive

Our biggest weaknesses are still OL and DL.

You don't win games without linemen unless your playing 7 on 7.

I'm also wondering if this team like the White Sox is lacking a team leader??

Reactions: stl705
Too bad the bears or sox can’t understand what’s happening in Wrigleyville. It’s called investing in your community and fan base.
Everyone here seems bewildered. Painfully obvious why what happens with the Bears and the Sox. Yet everyone seems surprised

Too bad the bears or sox can’t understand what’s happening in Wrigleyville. It’s called investing in your community and fan base.
Everyone here seems bewildered. Painfully obvious why what happens with the Bears and the Sox. Yet everyone seems surprised
Perennial bad decision makers
Starts at the top

Damn straight and I’m historically a Sox fan. If the Cubs tie up Bellinger, I’m converted. I’m afraid they won’t as he’ll be too expensive but damn they try.

Reactions: PRokie
So Glad Skoronski didn’t go from one crap program to another. The Bears did him a favor.
Embarrassing they are. Play calling was JV football stuff. Their passion for mediocrity is impressive
They don’t need guards right now. They need a left tackle.

Fields does have some issues. He holds the ball too long in a stationary position.

He needs to slide earlier when running the ball.

He needs to be loud in the huddle and demand to his o lineman what he wants them to do. Get them fired up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT