ADVERTISEMENT

Bears

😂 😂 😂 regarding the Ditka comment. I wonder how much time Ditka has actually spent in Ukraine? Maybe years ago, "Iron Mike" could have stared them down.

But that situation is heartbreaking. I have a client who owns a business in Wheeling, who was born and raised in Kyiv along with her husband. They are middle-aged and came here to America when their daughter was 3 years old. I had a conversation with her on Monday and I will be visiting them next week. She told me is it crazy to see "her city" on TV taking the damage it's taking. She had a LOT more to say but I won't share her personal experiences or thoughts here.
It’s really sad. Putin needs to go.

Me too. I am sure they could use all that military equipment we had that was left behind in Afghanistan.

Not really, where would we have stored it? Who would have paid for it to be moved?

We're staring down hyperinflation right now because DC cannot stop printing money.

Reactions: Gene K.
A Big Mack sandwich consists of 36 sacks spread out over four years, a squirt of ketchup for all the injuries he suffered, a lot of lettuce for the money the Bears wasted, and two very thin buns, which represent lost draft capital.

Last edited:
Not really, where would we have stored it? Who would have paid for it to be moved?

We're staring down hyperinflation right now because DC cannot stop printing money.
I agree with that second sentence. Who's in charge? Don't agree with the first sentence, though.

With Mack gone, is the rebuild truly on? I agree with Mark Potash. At the time, bringing Mack here looked good. I was Ok with it. But it did seem like a lot of money. In the end, the offense was the main problem, not Mack.

How many great years did Mack have with the Bears?

Was he worth giving away two #1 draft picks?

How many great years did Mack have with the Bears?

Was he worth giving away two #1 draft picks?
For Mack and 2nd and 7th round picks in 2020, the Bears gave up first round picks in 2019 and 2020 plus third and sixth round picks in 2019. Rebuild now or rebuild later. Back in 2018, the Bears chose later. Seemed like a good move at the time. In retrospect, though, it didn't prove out that way.

For Mack and 2nd and 7th round picks in 2020, the Bears gave up first round picks in 2019 and 2020 plus third and sixth round picks in 2019. Rebuild now or rebuild later. Back in 2018, the Bears chose later. Seemed like a good move at the time. In retrospect, though, it didn't prove out that way.

True I was for that deal but now it does not look like a good deal.

At the time he was
It was always a horrible move the Bears were fooling themselves into believing they were one player away when in reality they had multiple holes on the offensive side of the ball. You don't mortgage your future unless you are right on the cusp. The Rams went all in with a team that was on the cusp and won the Super Bowl, the Bears went all in with a team that wasn't close and never won a playoff game.

Reactions: Prep writer
It was always a horrible move the Bears were fooling themselves into believing they were one player away when in reality they had multiple holes on the offensive side of the ball. You don't mortgage your future unless you are right on the cusp. The Rams went all in with a team that was on the cusp and won the Super Bowl, the Bears went all in with a team that wasn't close and never won a playoff game.
Cmon, give em a little more credit than that.

Year one w Mack they went 12-4 and we’re the #2 seed. Bears had the #1 defense in the league at that time. In everyone’s minds - they weren’t that far off.

Reactions: brucealmighy
Cmon, give em a little more credit than that.

Year one w Mack they went 12-4 and we’re the #2 seed. Bears had the #1 defense in the league at that time. In everyone’s minds - they weren’t that far off.
They also played a historically easy schedule that year with only 3 regular season games against teams with winning records and 2 games against team that were .500.

Including the playoffs they finished 2-2 vs teams with winning records.

With Mack gone, is the rebuild truly on? I agree with Mark Potash. At the time, bringing Mack here looked good. I was Ok with it. But it did seem like a lot of money. In the end, the offense was the main problem, not Mack.
Mack had a good first year but he was declining every year since. Maybe because of injury but non-the less his production was going down. I am ok with the trade. To much money for a player that is declining and injured a lot. Maybe he will be a good fit in San Diego with Bosa?

Mack had a good first year but he was declining every year since. Maybe because of injury but non-the less his production was going down. I am ok with the trade. To much money for a player that is declining and injured a lot. Maybe he will be a good fit in San Diego with Bosa?
Corey:

On another note. You know gas prices are high when Tom Brady can't even stay retired!😂😂

I agree with that second sentence. Who's in charge? Don't agree with the first sentence, though.

Nothing to agree or disagree with in the first sentence. We, as a country, have never removed large amounts of gear when we leave a country in this way. So you can't really "agree" or "disagree" with a question. You need to answer or not. It would have cost a fortune in money and casualties to remove gear from Afghanistan. So who pays?

Nothing to agree or disagree with in the first sentence. We, as a country, have never removed large amounts of gear when we leave a country in this way. So you can't really "agree" or "disagree" with a question. You need to answer or not. It would have cost a fortune in money and casualties to remove gear from Afghanistan. So who pays?
You mean like the 13 lives lost (and likely more) when we pulled out so quickly due to incompetence?

You mean like the 13 lives lost (and likely more) when we pulled out so quickly due to incompetence?

It's apparent you are interested in some sort of argument here and I'm not biting. I'm an independent so the only thing that makes me more sarcastic than the politicians are the lemmings who follow.

Reactions: Blue Ruin
Corey:

On another note. You know gas prices are high when Tom Brady can't even stay retired!😂😂Lol
I was surprised he retired after the season he just had. I think his wife wants him to retire. I don’t blame her but heck let the guy play he only has a couple more years left.

It's apparent you are interested in some sort of argument here and I'm not biting. I'm an independent so the only thing that makes me more sarcastic than the politicians are the lemmings who follow.
Funny you say this because I was thinking the exact same thing about you. But you beat me here. I don't have time for an argument either. Have a good day.

I was surprised he retired after the season he just had. I think his wife wants him to retire. I don’t blame her but heck let the guy play he only has a couple more years left.
Corey: I think his wife wanted him to retire as well. But maybe he has become a pain in the ass at home so she changed her mind. 😂 But seriously, when it comes to things like this, women are generally thinking more clearly than men. I have no way of knowing, but if I had to guess, it's her fear of the injury factor.

Brady is still a relatively young man, but old as far as professional athletes go. He is in good health, especially when you think of all the games he's played in the NFL. I love his drive and it shows why he has won so many championships and has so many records. However, he has nothing else to prove. And, all it takes is one hit and he won't leave the league on his terms...hello Joe Theismann.

Actually, I see both sides to this and both sides make sense.

BTW, Mitch Trubisky and the Steelers have struck a deal to bring Mitchell to Pittsburgh. He'll get a legitimate shot at being the starter and I think right now he has the inside track. I'd say the odds are good he'll do better in Pittsburgh than he did in Chicago. He certainly has a much better HC in Tomlin, who I think is one of the best coaches in the NFL.

Corey: I think his wife wanted him to retire as well. But maybe he has become a pain in the ass at home so she changed her mind. 😂 But seriously, when it comes to things like this, women are generally thinking more clearly than men. I have no way of knowing, but if I had to guess, it's her fear of the injury factor.

Brady is still a relatively young man, but old as far as professional athletes go. He is in good health, especially when you think of all the games he's played in the NFL. I love his drive and it shows why he has won so many championships and has so many records. However, he has nothing else to prove. And, all it takes is one hit and he won't leave the league on his terms...hello Joe Theismann.

Actually, I see both sides to this and both sides make sense.

BTW, Mitch Trubisky and the Steelers have struck a deal to bring Mitchell to Pittsburgh. He'll get a legitimate shot at being the starter and I think right now he has the inside track. I'd say the odds are good he'll do better in Pittsburgh than he did in Chicago. He certainly has a much better HC in Tomlin, who I think is one of the best coaches in the NFL.

Good points, no doubt she is worried about him being injured. Rightfully so. In the end it should be his decision. I think she realizes it’s his decision. I also agree Mitch will have better shot in Pittsburgh and Tomlin is a really good coach. I am not sure Mitchell will be great but he might be serviceable enough. We shall see.

Didn't see any of the game on Saturday. But I understand Mahomes didn't have any trouble taking the Chiefs right down the field and threw a TD pass against the Bears starters. Talked to a young friend yesterday and he asked me if I thought the Bears would win 7 games. I said I wouldn't bet on it.

Reactions: corey90 and Gene K.
I can't even begin to express how much I am pulling for Trubisky in PIT. He was voted a Captain on Monday and was announced as the starter this week shortly After.

Their game against the Bengals will be on CBS at the same time the Bears game is on. I usually have two TVs going at the same time down in the family room during NFL gameday. One is usually on the game and the other is usually on RedZone. But this Sunday one will be on the Bears game and the other showing CIN and PIT. Whichever game gets boring first gets turned off and that TV will go to RedZone.

Hey Wassup.....how did your buddy, Allen Robinson, look for the Rams last night? He had one catch for 12 yards. I suspect the Rams are going to regret that FA signing.

People are blaming the Bears for letting him waste. Last I checked he was a grown man, not produce, and actually on another team.

Robinson was a complete embarrassment and disgrace last season! Yes, the Bears coaching and Offense last year were pathetic, but Robinson even moreso for quitting on the team.

Can’t believe the Rams were dumb enough to sign this guy but seems like they realize what they got after the undrafted Ben Skwaranek got triple the targets as Robinson and played #2 WR all night.

I can't even begin to express how much I am pulling for Trubisky in PIT. He was voted a Captain on Monday and was announced as the starter this week shortly After.

Their game against the Bengals will be on CBS at the same time the Bears game is on. I usually have two TVs going at the same time down in the family room during NFL gameday. One is usually on the game and the other is usually on RedZone. But this Sunday one will be on the Bears game and the other showing CIN and PIT. Whichever game gets boring first gets turned off and that TV will go to RedZone.

I have to disagree with you LTHS Mitch is 💩. We can blame the coaching but he is never going to be the QB. He is and will be crap. Back up at best. If the Steelers want to hang their hat on him. Okay but dumb. IMO

Hey Wassup.....how did your buddy, Allen Robinson, look for the Rams last night? He had one catch for 12 yards. I suspect the Rams are going to regret that FA signing.

You know I was never a Robinson fan. He never gets open, never gets any yards after the catch but he does catch everything.

Reactions: corey90
I'm taking the under on total points scored and over for number of average naps during the game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT