ADVERTISEMENT

Bears

Win or Lose, they looking much better today other than the penalties.
Running the ball downhill is nice to see
Also, finally seeing why they drafted that punter so high.

Reactions: corey90
Win or Lose, they looking much better today other than the penalties.
Running the ball downhill is nice to see
Also, finally seeing why they drafted that punter so high.
He's been kicking the crap out of it. Just needs to figure out net in the NFL is better than gross. Been out kicking the coverage

Reactions: corey90
I liked a lot of what I saw today. Williams had a good day. No turnovers - held it too long a few times but his pose I thought was much better.

Swift was better.

Defensively a little concerned that stopping the run has been a problem. But giving up only 18 points will win more games than lose.

Time to fatten up the next couple weeks.

I would like to know what happened to the Bears run defense? I mean it’s been awful this year. Yes the defense tightens up when the other team gets into the red zone but man they put themselves in bad situations by not stopping the run. The OL blows but I knew that going into the season but our defense was one of the better defenses especially against the run.

Yet many here had them winning this game.
😊
Corey, I picked the Bears to win yesterday. But I must admit, I wasn't completely confident in the pick. I made the pick based more on the injuries LA has and not the fact I thought the Bears would beat them, injuries or not.

I would like to know what happened to the Bears run defense? I mean it’s been awful this year. Yes the defense tightens up when the other team gets into the red zone but man they put themselves in bad situations by not stopping the run. The OL blows but I knew that going into the season but our defense was one of the better defenses especially against the run.
They are about middle of the pack; I expect that will improve moving forward.
They haven't given up more than 325 total yards in a game this year, so you kind of have to keep that in perspective...Yes, I know they haven't played the toughest schedule.

The game didn't have my full attention this week, but a win is a win. It was a very "meh" win, but a win nonetheless. It's still concerning that Williams has trouble with his touch passes. There was a few times he had his man and over threw him. It was nice to see the running game get going and I think yesterday was more indicative to what we should expect to see from Swift.

Hopefully they can build off this week and start stacking some wins together. They have two very winnable games the next two weeks going into the bye, but I hate the London games so you never know what could happen across the pond.

If the Bears have any playoff aspirations they will have to win the next two games. Carolina has played a little better lately, but Jacksonville is a mess. The Bears should win both of these games. Then they hit the bye. And from there, with the exception of playing New England and Arizona, the schedule will get much tougher the rest of the way. As I sit here today, I don't expect to see this team playing in post season.

Right now, top to bottom, the Bears are in the best and toughest division in the NFL. The NFC North has won a combined 11 games and no team is under .500.

If the Bears have any playoff aspirations they will have to win the next two games. Carolina has played a little better lately, but Jacksonville is a mess. The Bears should win both of these games. Then they hit the bye. And from there, with the exception of playing New England and Arizona, the schedule will get much tougher the rest of the way. As I sit here today, I don't expect to see this team playing in post season.

Right now, top to bottom, the Bears are in the best and toughest division in the NFL. The NFC North has won a combined 11 games and no team is under .500.
Ya week 11 on is tough but it is the NFL. They will win a game or two they shouldn't and lose a game or two we think they should win, that is life in the NFL. Add in injuries and that is why every game almost comes down to a one score game.

Reactions: 4Afan

Absolutely disagree. They should expect to be in the playoffs this year. The defense is there and the offense should get more cohesive the next two weeks and then anything can happen. I said before the season even started that this is a 10-7 team and I think that's where they're still at.

Reactions: SiuCubFan8
Absolutely disagree. They should expect to be in the playoffs this year. The defense is there and the offense should get more cohesive the next two weeks and then anything can happen. I said before the season even started that this is a 10-7 team and I think that's where they're still at.
6-3 going into the Packers week and 4-4 the rest of the way, gets you 10-7. I laid it out, it's easy. Now in reality it won't happen that way, lol.

6-3 going into the Packers week and 4-4 the rest of the way, gets you 10-7. I laid it out, it's easy. Now in reality it won't happen that way, lol.
Yep. I saw them at 2-2 after 4 games, but had Indy as a win and LA as a loss, but injuries have killed LA. Jax should be a win but as I said earlier I hate the London games for so many reasons, and the Jags aren't going 0-17 so hopefully they win this week. They're favored over Indy so the guys in the desert must know something. If they can go 3-3 in the division they should be good.

Yep. I saw them at 2-2 after 4 games, but had Indy as a win and LA as a loss, but injuries have killed LA. Jax should be a win but as I said earlier I hate the London games for so many reasons, and the Jags aren't going 0-17 so hopefully they win this week. They're favored over Indy so the guys in the desert must know something. If they can go 3-3 in the division they should be good.
3-3 looks harder than we thought with MN sitting at 4-0 but lots can happen before those games with MN.

Continuous improvement. We have seen it for the most part week to week. If they take the next step they should beat most of the opponents on their schedule to the bye week.

I said it early on and am being proven right. The NFC North is a beast. But it’s also full of games this team can win.

This team will be in every game - they are talented enough provided they stay healthy.

3-3 looks harder than we thought with MN sitting at 4-0 but lots can happen before those games with MN.
I think the Vikings will level off a bit. But having an average veteran QB with amazing receivers is a recipe for success, who knew. Maybe that would have been the way to go for the Bears...

I don't see the Bears going 3-3 in the division. I see Detroit and Minnesota sweeping them and they might split with Green Bay. I don't see any way in the world they get 10 wins. No way.

I don't see the Bears going 3-3 in the division. I see Detroit and Minnesota sweeping them and they might split with Green Bay. I don't see any way in the world they get 10 wins. No way.
Jared Goff in soldier field in November/december. I like the bears chances. Same with Sam Darnold. I’d be unhappy if they are less than .500 in the division.

Reactions: 4Afan
Their only 2 opponents before the bye are Carolina and Jacksonville. Gotta win both of those. Just wish the Jax game was in this country.
This is essentially what I said in my initial post today. These two games are must wins for the Bears to make the playoffs. Even with these wins I just don't see this team winning 10 games. I think a lot of you guys haven't looked at their last 7 games on the schedule.
Who are the 4 teams you see them beating at that point of the schedule? And I don't think AZ or WAS are gimmie wins on the road. Those could prove to be tough games. The Bears haven't beaten a team yet that has more than one win.

They were 2-4 in the division last year and should have won both Detroit games. The Vikings will level off and Detroit doesn't scare me. The Packers will get better, but I don't see any reason why the Bears can't split with each of them.

They were 7-10 last year and should have been 10-7 if not for 3 fourth quarter leads they blew. They are arguably better this year so I don't see how they don't get 10 wins this year.

Two things about the record, 1) you never know who gets injured on the Bears or another team that changes the outcome in multiple games. 2) It's clear the Bears are not making the Super Bowl unless Poles can trade someone like Blasingame and V. Jones for 2 All-Pro O linemen. So the hope, although sad reality, is that there is continuous improvement week to week

Reactions: SiuCubFan8
This is essentially what I said in my initial post today. These two games are must wins for the Bears to make the playoffs. Even with these wins I just don't see this team winning 10 games. I think a lot of you guys haven't looked at their last 7 games on the schedule.

Who are the 4 teams you see them beating at that point of the schedule? And I don't think AZ or WAS are gimmie wins on the road. Those could prove to be tough games. The Bears haven't beaten a team yet that has more than one win.
It's the NFL we don't know crap when projecting that far into the season. I just gave a broad roadmap of how you would get there, mostly in jest knowing how things change in NFL week to week.

I wouldn't bet my own money on them getting 10 wins but I'm not ruling it out by any means.

It's the NFL we don't know crap when projecting that far into the season. I just gave a broad roadmap of how you would get there, mostly in jest knowing how things change in NFL week to week.

I wouldn't bet my own money on them getting 10 wins but I'm not ruling it out by any means.
Even if they get 10 wins, it's no guarantee they make the playoffs, although there would be a good chance. I am sure you remember Lovie's last year with the Bears. They won 10 games and didn't make it into the playoffs. In 1988 the 49ers and Giants were both 10-6. The 49ers beat the Giants earlier in the year and gained entry. They then went on to win the Super Bowl. So, one never knows.

They were 2-4 in the division last year and should have won both Detroit games. The Vikings will level off and Detroit doesn't scare me. The Packers will get better, but I don't see any reason why the Bears can't split with each of them.

They were 7-10 last year and should have been 10-7 if not for 3 fourth quarter leads they blew. They are arguably better this year so I don't see how they don't get 10 wins this year.
Should have been...could have been. Whatever. Some of you guys act like the Bears will improve but no one else will.

Reactions: Gene K.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT