ADVERTISEMENT

Bears, Kareem Hunt

I see it in college football too. It seems to me that the league where character counts the most is in the NHL. I wonder why that is.
I don't follow the NHL as closely as the NFL, but just looking at Patrick Kane has me calling BS that it is somehow different from the other leagues.

A few years ago he was accused of Rape but charges were dropped.

http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/...kane-rape-no-longer-cooperating-investigation
Trust me JCHS81 I know all about that. Lack of evidence. The league was going to suspend him when the charges came out and before any evidence was discussed. To me, that would have been unfair.

So, ask yourself, why did she decide to stop cooperating to authorities? She knew she had no case. You can't just accuse someone of a criminal act without evidence and expect them to go right to jail. If that was how things worked this country would be Russia and Michael Jackson would have ended up under the jail.

Reactions: Gene K.
Trust me JCHS81 I know all about that. Lack of evidence. The league was going to suspend him when the charges came out and before any evidence was discussed. To me, that would have been unfair.

So, ask yourself, why did she decide to stop cooperating to authorities? She knew she had no case. You can't just accuse someone of a criminal act without evidence and expect them to go right to jail. If that was how things worked this country would be Russia and Michael Jackson would have ended up under the jail.

I totally agree. I was just posting the story.

With so many people who would do anything to get money and fame, being a High Profile Athlete today has to be truly scary. Thousands of false accusers just waiting for their opportunity at fame and willing to say or do anything to gain it.

Agree about the abundance of false rape charges against high profile athletes. Seen some really bad accusations against kids which later turned out to be false. Unfortunately for one kid the recanting of the allegation did come fast enough and he was put in a sex offender data base. Hunt, however has his misdeed on video and while not rape he sure isn't the kind of person I would want on the Bears.

I totally agree. I was just posting the story.

With so many people who would do anything to get money and fame, being a High Profile Athlete today has to be truly scary. Thousands of false accusers just waiting for their opportunity at fame and willing to say or do anything to gain it.
There was the assault incident too.

There was the assault incident too.
Yeah. Kane and his brother punched a NY cabbie a few times over 20 cents. Got arrested too.

In the end the cabbie's own lawyer said the whole thing was blown out of proportion and he was sure something could be worked out. Kane probably had to pay the cabbie off.

If this is all you guys can come up with I'd say the NHL is miles ahead of the NBA, NFL and MLB.

How many times has Pacman Jones been arrested? nine or ten, or more? That is probably more than the entire NHL player population this season. I lost count with Jones. Serious stuff too. And he was allowed to continue to play. The guy was on probation when he was drafted.

Last edited:
Yeah. Kane and his brother punched a NY cabbie a few times over 20 cents. Got arrested too.

In the end the cabbie's own lawyer said the whole thing was blown out of proportion and he was sure something could be worked out. Kane probably had to pay the cabbie off.

If this is all you guys can come up with I'd say the NHL is miles ahead of the NBA, NFL and MLB.

How many times has Pacman Jones been arrested? nine or ten, or more? That is probably more than the entire NHL player population this season. I lost count with Jones. Serious stuff too. And he was allowed to continue to play. The guy was on probation when he was drafted.
And then you have Ray Lewis in the HOF.

Like I said, I don't follow the NHL as closely, but I'm highly skeptical of such a claim absent better evidence than "look at Paxman Jones".

Let me ask this. You originally asked "I wonder why that is?" in reference to the claim that character matters most in the NHL? Do you have a theory for this, assuming it's true?

Like I said, I don't follow the NHL as closely, but I'm highly skeptical of such a claim absent better evidence than "look at Paxman Jones".

Let me ask this. You originally asked "I wonder why that is?" in reference to the claim that character matters most in the NHL? Do you have a theory for this, assuming it's true?
Oh, it's true. I wouldn't call it a theory. I would say it is factual.

From 2000 to May of 2017, 855 NFL players had been arrested which is almost 52 per season...every season. Thirty-four more were arrested in 2018 and three have been so far this year. How proud they must be.

Last edited:
Their QB played very well for them last year. I'd like to see the Browns do well after being a punching bad in the NFL for so long. But not against our beloved Bears.

Reactions: forlouann

Or maybe, she received a duffel bag full of Benjamin Franklins. You never know

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT