ADVERTISEMENT

Bears Football Talk

Dumb delay of game. What the heck is going on with players not knowing the play and Nick not knowing how much time is on the clock?

I was going to say undisciplined! Now after seeing Wims stupidity. It’s clear this Bears team is not being well coached.
stupid!

Or knowing when to throw a punch. Or not throw a punch. Or when to throw the damn ball or not throw the damn ball. What is this crap.

Interesting can't Bears use Trubisky like Saints use Hill.

Are Bears using Kmet today?

Interesting can't Bears use Trubisky like Saints use Hill.

Are Bears using Kmet today?
They tried for a play in the first half. Would be better if they just let Mitch play qb because Foles continues to be poor. At least Mitch can run when it breaks down.

No. Mitch sucks and this isn’t a QB issue. Its an o-line and coach issue.
Have not seen much from Foles that Mitch couldn’t do. He got the hook because of that line. They both suck but at least Mitch is mobil.

Have not seen much from Foles that Mitch couldn’t do. He got the hook because of that line. They both suck but at least Mitch is mobil.

With Foles you have a chance on connecting with a long pass.

I would give Arizona our top 10 players or draft picks if they gave us their QB.

I would give Arizona our top 10 players or draft picks if they gave us their QB.

Lol
Now your sounding like Pace.
I would start by getting some good O-Lineman.
Our defense is getting tired in this game.

The bears offense has been inept for 80 years. We should just accept it and turn off the TV. Unless you’re there for the comedy of it all.
Pace issue giving away draft picks for nothing and making weak draft picks.
Lol
But he can’t throw the ball worth a s#it.

Lol
Now your sounding like Pace.
I would start by getting some good O-Lineman.
Our defense is getting tired in this game.
Welcome to 670 THE SCORE!

That said I am a huge Trevor Lawrence fan! I think he will be really good in the NFL but he will need a good O-Line.

Yes I'm just afraid he is too tall and he likes to run which leaves him open to a career ending hit in the NFL.

We all know the Bears offensive line sucks but this game solidified what we knew.
I also have a problem with our receivers dropping the ball. Foles threw 2-3 perfect passes in OT and our receivers drop the ball. Damn.

Looking like 8-8. Not good enough for the playoffs and not bad enough for an impactful draft pick.

Looking like 8-8. Not good enough for the playoffs and not bad enough for an impactful draft pick.

16-18 range of the draft you can get an All Pro caliber offensive OL and that is a major need, now Pace actually picking that player is a different story.

It proves Nagy is reading the Edgy board in between plays.

Just like when I said get the ball to Mooney.
Good Lord. You are such a bottom feeder. Do you ask for people to clap for you at work like Jeb Bush?

I’m really starting to like our skill players. #11,#12 and #17 are a nice core at WR.

I think Montgomery is average (may be better but we don’t know bc OL is so bad). Shocking that we have zero depth at the the RB position. There are SO MANY solid RB’s out there and Patterson is the best we can come up w for the # 2 spot? How is it that hard to not find a better #2 option?

Our OL is epically bad. #69 and #67 get worked every play. So sick and tired of seeing our tackles get beat on the edge and then walk back to the huddle.

I like Nagy a ton. I really want him to do well. He’s such a likeable guy and appears to have a built a nice culture (reminds me a lot of Joe Maddon). Fox, Trestman, even Lovie we’re easy not to like and move on from.
With that said....his play calling has been super frustrating. Our goal line play calling was very confusing down the stretch while we were trying save time. We had no sense of regency and ran the ball up the middle twice w a brutal OL. We lost yards and then scored an easy touchdown on 4th down with a nice pick play. Why not just do it ok first down? We can run on short yardage plays.
* we need to help our OL out (we all know they suck so let’s stop complaining about them and help them out). Screens! Let’s play action and get the DL going one way, let’s go fast (Rams tired out our DL by going fast), let’s be creative and confuse the defense (jet motions, unbalanced)

so frustrating watching Jimmy Grahm on the field during 2min offense. He runs in slow motion and is a below average WR. Yes, he’s good on the GL. What that should be his only roll. Let’s give the rookie more time.
*why is our fullback #35 ever on the field in a two min situation? And WHY WHY WHY WHY is he spread out into the passing scheme????

Lastly, our defense seems to play in-inspired at times. Two weeks ago it was the back to back Rams scoring drives (Rams push the pile for 15 yards on ya) and then last night it was #7 for the saint and #87 score un-attested pass plays coming across the middle. Literally, anyone could have scored on those plays.

How about the saints td right before half? Let’s play 15 yards off and give them a wide open td. They drop it. So they run the same play to the other side for a wide-open, unattended touchdown with three seconds left.

why did we pay so soft coverage all day it seemed?

It would have been justice if that game had ended in a tie - neither team really deserved to win. The Bears benefited from several instances of limiting yards after catch with some timely tackling in space. Brees kept a few passing plays alive with some clever footwork in some collapsing, tight places in the dropback pocket.

I guess we're all realizing the Bears are who we thought they were.

Before the Rams game I looked at the next three games. Rams, Saints and Titans. I felt the game against the Saints was the only one they could win. So, on Friday, I picked the Bears to win the Saints game. I don't take pleasure in saying this next statement. At 10:00 yesterday morning I switched my pick and took the Saints. That was the first time this year I switched a pick. By the end of the season I will be able to count my changed picks on one hand. Drew Brees owns the Bears. And the Bears haven't beaten the Saints in what? Twelve years? I think that's what I read somewhere.

As we sit here right now, the Bears are out of the NFC playoffs. The Cardinals and Buccaneers have each played one fewer game and sit at 5-2 each. But the Bucs play the Giants tonight and I expect them to win that game. The Cardinals had a bye this weekend. The Rams and Bears are both 5-3 but the Rams hold the tie breaker.

Looking ahead, as of now, I am picking the Titans to beat the Bears. Both teams are in a two game slide and I feel like Tennessee is a better team. But I will wait for the injury report to see where each team is. If the Bears lose this Sunday it won't be easy for them to make the playoffs. They will have seven games left at the conclusion of this upcoming game.

Today, I think the Bears will beat the Lions, Texans and Jags. So they need to split with the Vikings and Packers to get to 10 wins, which will probably get them into the playoffs with a seventh team being added in each conference. This scenario is why this week's game against the Titans is crucial. They simply can't lose this Sunday.

Matt Nagy is terrible and this offensive line is disastrous.

Neither one of the 2 points above will be addressed this year. So, while the possibility of squeaking into the playoffs (as a low seed with a bad first matchup) does exist, they certainly won't be favored to advance past their first game.

Considering that a playoff appearance likely translates into Nagy being safe to keep his job and his terrible play calling and considering the 2021 draft pick will not be as high as if they had a finished with a record that more accurately reflected their actual quality as an NFL team does not bode well for Bears fans. And Ryan Pace is probably still making that pick.

Sorry boys, I'm just depressed. Where's lakecitynewt to help offset my negativity?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT