ADVERTISEMENT

All-state

FballDaddy

Gold Member
Sep 5, 2018
Is this list out ALOT earlier than normal or is it just me? I'm seeing some schools with NOBODY on the list where I would have expected a at least one. And is it only kids whose coaches pay to be members or the IHSFCA or can any team be on there? I'm sure there can be a thread just about who got snubbed, but I was just curious about the above.

Reactions: Jenny27
I don’t know the other answers but the list is out the same week as last year

Is this list out ALOT earlier than normal or is it just me? I'm seeing some schools with NOBODY on the list where I would have expected a at least one. And is it only kids whose coaches pay to be members or the IHSFCA or can any team be on there? I'm sure there can be a thread just about who got snubbed, but I was just curious about the above.
Coaches have to nominate their players.

Reactions: USD24
Should make it so only 1-2 at each position, but odds are most coaches are probably only nominating their QBs.
Coaches are just nominating their best players. It's not a pro-bowl where they are playing a game. It's more like being a heisman finalist I guess. The best players deserve the recognition and probably use it as a chip in their recruiting efforts. It's really just the 13 best players in each division. It is unfortunate we don't see more linemen on the list, but their stats are probably hard to line up vs. the skills.

Reactions: edgellinger
Coaches are just nominating their best players. It's not a pro-bowl where they are playing a game. It's more like being a heisman finalist I guess. The best players deserve the recognition and probably use it as a chip in their recruiting efforts. It's really just the 13 best players in each division. It is unfortunate we don't see more linemen on the list, but their stats are probably hard to line up vs. the skills.
There are 18 per class, which is a random number. Also, we also don't know what the deciding criteria is in terms of making the team and who is making the decisions. Or if there is a limit to how many players a coach can nominate. Are some coaches nominating the majority of their teams?

If we're comparing to college I would say it's more similar to being an all American vs. a Heisman finalist.

I know we're just discussing this for the sake of discussion and it's not going to change and not saying it should but if I were to change it I would say rather than having all state and honorable mention just do a 1st team and 2nd team all state with 22 selections per class for 1st and 2nd team, one player per position.

Reactions: edgellinger
I'm just disappointed for the teams that aren't repped but probably should be. Just looking at 5A, you get 2 from Marian but none from Carmel or Provi? Just looking at it, Carmel hasn't had one since Bitto left, so they aren't nominating at all I guess.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT