ADVERTISEMENT

8A who yah got?

MS4EVER

Gold Member
Dec 4, 2004
This is a way too early championship pick.
I have 5 teams right now who I think can win it.

LA if they can stay healthy.

Warren (Home of Six Flags) If their offense can get creative.

Brother Rice for Badke.

NV because “pops” says so.

MS if the Swag can return.

Thoughts?

Brother Rice for Badke.

Thoughts?
Is LWE officially out of the running now?

NV has had one bad offensive night. It was during, as someone posted elsewhere, a bad weather night. I don’t know if that bodes well for a trip deep into November.

Reactions: Bowie50
What is the issue this year?

Very young. Like MC East has a bunch of Sophomores and Juniors starting on both sides of the ball. They have only a handful of Seniors combined. I thought they would grow as the season progressed but losing to Sandburg showed me they still have a long ways to go. I am still optimistic they will be a problem in the playoffs. The two losses were very close games but an loss is a loss. We shall see if they can come together by playoff time but they have a long way to go. I don’t see any clear cut favorite in 8A. If I LA can get healthy they will be the front runner but they are beatable.

Brother Rice for Badke.

Thoughts?

I am guessing LA is still the front runner until someone knocks them off. They are not a lock by any means. Warren could win their first State Title if they can find an offense that is not predictable. Brother Rice is tough and could make it to the final. I am intrigued with NV. I think we have an awful lot of football before anyone can say their is a clear favorite this year. Heck Lockport is still undefeated. MS is still dangerous but they had a bad loss to Palatine. At this point of the season 8A is up for grabs. Fun season! 🤣

Reactions: ska549 and Bowie50
This is a way tooLA if they can stay healthy.

Brother Rice for Badke.

Thoughts?
BR is classified as 7A. Let’s keep it that way. ;)

Reactions: go_rice
I think the field is wider than that because no one has shown that they can't lose to a team below those 5. LA could be out if they play someone on Fenwick's level. Warren could be out if they play someone on MS's level... like Glenbrook S or Palatine. Rice could be out if they play someone on MC's level like Iggy. NV could be out if they play someone like NC or NN. MS could be out if they play someone on Palatine's level like Conant.

Part of me wants to see Warren vs Lockport in the playoffs, that may end up 2-0.

The team I want to play in the playoffs is the team that beats Warren. Because they will be physically hurting for that game. Warren is soooooo physical! Like Eastside 1980’s physical!

Reactions: Gene K.
Injuries and the road in the playoffs is really going to matter unlike years in recent memory. I don't think anyone is "obvious". In my opinion, that's the best news we can hope for as every weekend will be full of great games instead of the typical blowouts until the quarters or semis

Reactions: RockSoup
If Lockport can run the table, including solid wins over Bolingbrook and LWE in Weeks 7 and 8, you would have to put them in a conversation. Coming out on top in these 2 games should really qualify as getting their team playoff-ready. Even coming in at 9-0, it does not look like their playoff points will get them the most elite seeding, however.

If Maldonado comes back for LA they will have an outstanding chance, they’ve been a different team without him the past two weeks and that’s to be expected. But if/when he does return LA will be a better team for it as they will have many more options as they learned to score without him in his absence

Reactions: laramie_amgd
I am guessing LA is still the front runner until someone knocks them off. They are not a lock by any means. Warren could win their first State Title if they can find an offense that is not predictable. Brother Rice is tough and could make it to the final. I am intrigued with NV. I think we have an awful lot of football before anyone can say their is a clear favorite this year. Heck Lockport is still undefeated. MS is still dangerous but they had a bad loss to Palatine. At this point of the season 8A is up for grabs. Fun season! 🤣
Kingsbury clan flipping to Rita didn’t help them defensively.

Well NV & BR have seen Warren in playoffs the last few years (w/BR Current QB) ... check results. The flag will be around. This year there is good parity. Which makes this years playoff fun to watch. Injuries will play a part in everyones playoff picture. The cold & bad weather is coming so depth and playing style will be a factor. There is no home field advantage everyone hits the road ... defense travels. 🎢💪🏾🏈

Well NV & BR have seen Warren in playoffs the last few years (w/BR Current QB) ... check results. The flag will be around. This year there is good parity. Which makes this years playoff fun to watch. Injuries will play a part in everyones playoff picture. The cold & bad weather is coming so depth and playing style will be a factor. There is no home field advantage everyone hits the road ... defense travels. 🎢💪🏾🏈
In the ‘19 playoffs, you did beat us but we were a 5-4 team with a sophomore QB. We did also shut down the entire amusement park with a 19-0 shutout in the 2018 playoffs if I recall correctly….
#FrightFest

Last edited:
If Marist can get a statement win week 9 vs BR watch out for them in 8A. I know they have 2 losses but they battled LA tough. Game was closer then score said also controversial play at end where it looked like LA fumbled but was called down. Turned into a score. MC suffering back to back losses doesnt look like as good of a loss for marist however.

Reactions: reebs1978
If Marist can get a statement win week 9 vs BR watch out for them in 8A. I know they have 2 losses but they battled LA tough. Game was closer then score said also controversial play at end where it looked like LA fumbled but was called down. Turned into a score. MC suffering back to back losses doesnt look like as good of a loss for marist however.
Marist is a good football team and that game as well as the LA v Rice game could have gone either way. 8A is really up for grabs.

LA is a different team without Maldonado obviously. They destroyed SR and beat BR with him and narrowly escaped Fenwick and Marist without him.

Reactions: laramie_amgd
If Loyola gets healthy, I dont see 8A being close. If they don't, lots more teams in the mix.

Reactions: Gene K.
If I had to put money on someone, I would put it on LA, but I think MS and Warren are 1B and 1C

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT