ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Success factors

Bones - all I am saying is, your statistic of privates only winning 3 out of 18 years in Class 8A is a silly stat because there are only four (4) private schools with out of 67 total schools with 8A enrollment.
  • Loyola
  • Marist
  • Br. Rice
  • Benet
Statistically, privates make up 6% of the 8A schools. Winning 3 of the last 18 years means they've won 16.7%.

Here is the link to the IHSA numeric enrollment by class...
http://www.ihsa.org/SportsActivitie...ormationResults.aspx?url=/data/fb/enrolln.htm

Didn't MC win in 8A?

Bones - all I am saying is, your statistic of privates only winning 3 out of 18 years in Class 8A is a silly stat because there are only four (4) private schools with out of 67 total schools with 8A enrollment.
  • Loyola
  • Marist
  • Br. Rice
  • Benet
Statistically, privates make up 6% of the 8A schools. Winning 3 of the last 18 years means they've won 16.7%.

Here is the link to the IHSA numeric enrollment by class...
http://www.ihsa.org/SportsActivitie...ormationResults.aspx?url=/data/fb/enrolln.htm
If the argument is that these privates schools are the premier schools in football then the 15 of 18 is certainly relavent assuming that the 8A privates are generally the best of the bunch. Some like to assert that if the playoffs were to split then the private playoff would be the relevant playoff. I disagree, the playoff that has the best team 15 of 18 years would be the more relevant playoff. Also in 8A the privates are winning at about the same % as their representation.

But the private playoff would be extremely interesting too.

There are 70 Class 5A schools on the IHSA list. Nine (9) of those schools are private and have 5A enrollment...
  • Rockford Boylan
  • Aurora Central
  • Marian Catholic (Chicago Heights)
  • JCA
  • Marian Central (Woodstock)
  • St. Francis
A few 5A enrollment schools which were SF'ed up to 6A
  • Montini
  • SHG
  • St. Laurence
Since 2001 when IHSA went to 8 classes, 15 of 18 titles have been won by a private school. Seven (7) of those 18 title games were private vs. private games.

2001 - JCA
2002 - Providence
2003 - JCA v SHG
2004 - JCA
2005 - SHG v Alleman
2006 - SHG v Marian Central
2008 - St. Francis
2009 - Montini v JCA
2010 - Montini
2011 - Montini v JCA
2012 - Montini
2013 - SHG v Montini
2014 - SHG v Montini
2015 - Nazarath
2018 - JCA

My point in all of this is 5A is a much more prolific private school class than is 8A for private schools.

There are 70 Class 5A schools on the IHSA list. Nine (9) of those schools are private and have 5A enrollment...
  • Rockford Boylan
  • Aurora Central
  • Marian Catholic (Chicago Heights)
  • JCA
  • Marian Central (Woodstock)
  • St. Francis
A few 5A enrollment schools which were SF'ed up to 6A
  • Montini
  • SHG
  • St. Laurence
Since 2001 when IHSA went to 8 classes, 15 of 18 titles have been won by a private school. Seven (7) of those 18 title games were private vs. private games.

2001 - JCA
2002 - Providence
2003 - JCA v SHG
2004 - JCA
2005 - SHG v Alleman
2006 - SHG v Marian Central
2008 - St. Francis
2009 - Montini v JCA
2010 - Montini
2011 - Montini v JCA
2012 - Montini
2013 - SHG v Montini
2014 - SHG v Montini
2015 - Nazarath
2018 - JCA

My point in all of this is 5A is a much more prolific private school class than is 8A for private schools.

Doesn't matter if theyre not the best in the class. 8A could be 31 private schools, but if the 32nd is public and the best it will be part of that 15 of 18.

Wrong...
The only thing that matters are the schools actually in the class. There are usually 3 or 4 of 32. Four of 32 is 12.5% prior to this weekend privates won 2 of 17 for 12%, like I said. They are winning their percentage.

If the argument is that these privates schools are the premier schools in football then the 15 of 18 is certainly relavent assuming that the 8A privates are generally the best of the bunch.

It depends on the class, @Cross Bones.
In Class 5A, the 9 privates make up almost 13% of the 70 total schools yet private schools have won 83% of the Class 5A titles.

As a class, 5A private schools are more premier than any other class in Illinois. The success factor is spreading that out as actual 5A schools are beginning to win in Class 6A and Class 7A since they've been bumped up.

Reactions: Gene K.
Wrong...

That is only because you are including schools that have no chance of winning a title however every private school listed has a chance to win the title. If you narrow the list to both private and public that have a realistic chance at winning I am sure the stats will be close to accurate.

Am I the only one who thinks Bones is a crack pot on this topic? I mean, in this thread, I just don't think Bones has his thinking cap on.

I've gotta get back to work.
Peace...

Reactions: Skins93
Am I the only one who thinks Bones is a crack pot on this topic? I mean, in this thread, I just don't think Bones has his thinking cap on.

I've gotta get back to work.
Peace...
I think you're not thinking. What kind of idiot uses schools that are not in a class as an example of the class? Each class has 32 schools not the 70 or 80 that you were suggesting. I'm trying to be generous here. I gave you the math. It adds up. Your's is fuzzy math.

Bones,

Your credibility continues to be in question with me and others after you lost a bet more than two years ago and refuse to pay the debt to a non profit entity. Additionally, you brought my son into the conversation earlier this year stating he would never sniff the field at Penn state, again you were wrong when a national photo appeared that was posted and you never acknowledged or apologized. I wasn’t addressing you in this thread but gave you the courtesy of a reasonable answer, but you continue to push...bugger off.

The picture you posted was not your son, rather TE #80 Dalton, your son was not listed on the participation list for the Pitt game or any other game that I have looked at.

So who is now lacking credibility?

Here is the pic that's being talked about:

https://www.collegian.psu.edu/football/article_3c59f756-b3f6-11e8-90c7-bf99a67bfa02.html

And here is the PSU participation list for that game
https://gopsusports.com/boxscore.aspx?id=3663

So jwarigaku sees pic, knows full well his kid didn't play that game, but then comes here to Edgys and claims its his son by beating his chest? That's as weak as it gets, but then he comes back on here and throws it in Bones face again?

Last edited:
We need an all star team made up of public school versus private school football players from 5A thru 8A to answer this obvious dilemma. Not that would be a classic game to watch!

Reactions: Cat Box
The picture you posted was not your son, rather TE #80 Dalton, your son was not listed on the participation list for the Pitt game or any other game that I have looked at.

https://www.collegian.psu.edu/football/article_3c59f756-b3f6-11e8-90c7-bf99a67bfa02.html

So jwarigaku sees pic, knows full well his kid didn't play that game, but then comes here to Edgys and claims its his son by beating his chest? That's as weak as it gets, but then he comes back on here and throws it in Bones face again?
Interesting. I had been told that by a few sources, but was going to let it go for the time being in an attempt to be charitable.

Oh well

As weak as creating a handle just to post this? Why not use your real one?

This thread has total dumpster fire potential!!

* Catbox frustrated with fussy math
* Bones frustrated with the same fussy math
(FYI may I suggest that we need to look at each year of the 18 years and base it on the 32 teams that made the playoffs each year and how many private’s and how many public’s were in the field of 32?

* Mount Carmel with only one big boy title (that should get MC63 in the mix and out of the library)

* and HHS/BBCHS is back!!!!! DHS2018 - I know it’s you!;) I’m not sure how you stayed out of the I8 threads this season! You have developed some serious discipline. It’s going to be tough to get you riled up with the new discipline but I love a challenge!

Reactions: Gene K.
Making up an identity under a fake school to out someone when you have a current handle is truthful?
DHS could be a school. Maybe he's from Danville. Is the information reliable? That's my concern. According to other sources it is.

Making up an identity under a fake school to out someone when you have a current handle is truthful?

So your legal name is Epic Bret? Or is that a fake name?

Been reading this board for awhile, as a Penn St fan I noticed the picture in question and laughed, thought what kind of parent/person would do that. But let it go, and then today I saw him bring it up again and question another persons credibility while doing it?

Been reading this board for awhile, as a Penn St fan I noticed the picture in question and laughed, thought what kind of parent/person would do that. But let it go, and then today I saw him bring it up again and question another persons credibility while doing it?
that's my real name. what's yours?

DHS could be a school. Maybe he's from Danville. Is the information reliable? That's my concern. According to other sources it is.
I don't think jwar is being accurate, no, but to randomly out someone in your first post is kinda strange

Reactions: Bowie50

You talk about credibility. Who would do such a thing? Especially a parent about their kid. Kinda hard to believe. I have known Bones for many years and the one thing you can say about him is that he is creditable.

Reactions: Cross Bones
No that’s why someone created a profile today to out Jwar.
Ahhhhhh, yes. Now I follow.

That's my point, bask in the blood.

If he's just a crusader against internet lies, and actually just decided this is his first post. Well I guess chivalry isn't dead.

Reactions: ClownBaby
All.... So for the past couple of years because of the confusion I e-mail Matt Troha at the IHSA on who is getting moved up due to the SF rule. He is always kind enough to answer my question. The teams I asked him about were IC Catholic, Bishop Mac, Montini and Nazareth.

Here is his response I just received. Ratsy

"We move to a two year cycle next year. Thus, I believe everyone should be in the same class they were this year next year."

Reactions: epicbret and pjjp
Is it back to 8A for ND next year?
I believe so. They received the multiplier waiver, since they had not won a playoff game for 4 years. Since they won a playoff game this year in 6A, they will be multiplied in 2019.

All.... So for the past couple of years because of the confusion I e-mail Matt Troha at the IHSA on who is getting moved up due to the SF rule. He is always kind enough to answer my question. The teams I asked him about were IC Catholic, Bishop Mac, Montini and Nazareth.

Here is his response I just received. Ratsy

"We move to a two year cycle next year. Thus, I believe everyone should be in the same class they were this year next year."
I dont understand this two year window. So if naz doesn't make the 7a final next year, are they back to their original class for 2020 and 2021? Could they be 5a runner up in 2017, 7a champs in 2018, early round exit in 7a next year, 5a champ in 2020 and still be in 5a in 2021?

Last edited:
Hey DHS,

He also just played in the Maryland game this past weekend. No catches yet but that will come with time. Thanks for reposting the pic showing his name in the credit line, its appreciated.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT