ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Success factors

How can they classify Naz on the old rules but everyone else on the new rules?

Mount Carmel with only one big boy title (that should get MC63 in the mix and out of the library)

Voodoo - you crack me up. Always searching for the next potential dumpster fire thread and what it will take to ignite the flame.

I think "off season" is prime time for a DF thread. Guys get bored and looking for a fight.

I don't think DHS2018 is HHS but that would be a hoot!

The "get MC63 in the mix and out of the library" quote kills me.

Hey DHS,

He also just played in the Maryland game this past weekend. No catches yet but that will come with time. Thanks for reposting the pic showing his name in the credit line, its appreciated.

Simple question, is the player in the photo your kid or not?

Not if they went on the 2 years prior thr adoption of the rule. No title game in 2016

But wouldn't the two year cycle be last year and this year? That would mean they would be in 7A next year, right?

USD,

Was the only game he traveled for yes. I also just looked at the Participation list that DHS attached for Pitt as well as the Maryland game this past weekend and Danny is on that list as well and no Justin. While Danny played in the Pitt game as well, I do not believe he played in the Maryland game and it was Pat and Nick that took the majority of the snaps at tight end. I don’t need to post anything else about my kid and never have been secretive about who I am. On the other hand Bones has flat out refused to pay up on his bet that he should have been writing a check to Naz for losing.

Simple question, is the player in the photo your kid or not?

If I knew how to do it, I'd import one of those gifs with the guy eating popcorn as if settling in for a good drama...

where is DHS? He just pops in to drop a stink bomb and then leaves after two posts and lurks and just watches the aftermath from afar? That doesn’t sound like the HHS Tigerfan aka BBHCS that used to prowl the forum looking for little private schools to harass!

Reactions: Cat Box
I dont understand this two year window. So if naz doesn't make the 7a final next year, are they back to their original class for 2020 and 2021? Could they be 5a runner up in 2017, 7a champs in 2018, early round exit in 7a next year, 5a champ in 2020 and still be in 5a in 2021?

Results of 2018 won't move anyone up. 2 year cycle starts next year. Averaging the enrollment over 2 years helps with small and large class sizes. Schools will know what class they are in for 2 years, which means they can schedule games that better align with their goals, versus fluctuating each year but stuck with a 2 year contract to play someone that might not make sense due to a class change up or down.

Make it to the show twice and you move up a class. Lose and you move back to where you belong. The 4 year success factor meant a school could have 2 awesome years then two crappy years and they're still multiplied up. The 2 year window gives better insight to the right now.

Results of 2018 won't move anyone up. 2 year cycle starts next year. Averaging the enrollment over 2 years helps with small and large class sizes. Schools will know what class they are in for 2 years, which means they can schedule games that better align with their goals, versus fluctuating each year but stuck with a 2 year contract to play someone that might not make sense due to a class change up or down.

Make it to the show twice and you move up a class. Lose and you move back to where you belong. The 4 year success factor meant a school could have 2 awesome years then two crappy years and they're still multiplied up. The 2 year window gives better insight to the right now.

So for clarification and to make this perfectly clear (lol, yeah right) is this year one or is next year, year one? Does this year plus next year bump naz to 8a or if cycle starts next year then wouldn’t they have to go to title game in 2019 plus 2020 to be bumped in 2021? I mean just to be clear on all of this.....

So for clarification and to make this perfectly clear (lol, yeah right) is this year one or is next year, year one? Does this year plus next year bump naz to 8a or if cycle starts next year then wouldn’t they have to go to title game in 2019 plus 2020 to be bumped in 2021? I mean just to be clear on all of this.....
Next year starts the cycle.

So if naz craps out in the playoffs next year its 5a for JJ's senior season. Smh.

USD,

Was the only game he traveled for yes. I also just looked at the Participation list that DHS attached for Pitt as well as the Maryland game this past weekend and Danny is on that list as well and no Justin. While Danny played in the Pitt game as well, I do not believe he played in the Maryland game and it was Pat and Nick that took the majority of the snaps at tight end. I don’t need to post anything else about my kid and never have been secretive about who I am. On the other hand Bones has flat out refused to pay up on his bet that he should have been writing a check to Naz for losing.
I'm sorry, I don't follow your reply. I was just wondering if the player in the picture is your son or not. A simple yes or no will do

Next year starts the cycle.

Ok, so then does Naz drop to 5a for next year as their baseline and then after 2020 they adjust? Because if starting new program in relation to success factor next year on what basis would Naz be 7a next year? Only thing could be old SF rule but if that’s out? See what I’m saying....

USD,

Sorry the answer was Yes.

I went on to explain that I don’t understand why my kids name is not in the participation list then or the Maryland game he just played. I guess if I want to see it I have to ask the people that keep track of it, but I’m more interested in the bowl bid currently and will remain with coach Franklin’s focus of next opponent.

I'm sorry, I don't follow your reply. I was just wondering if the player in the picture is your son or not. A simple yes or no will do

Reactions: Bowie50
Ok, so then does Naz drop to 5a for next year as their baseline and then after 2020 they adjust? Because if starting new program in relation to success factor next year on what basis would Naz be 7a next year? Only thing could be old SF rule but if that’s out? See what I’m saying....

Its my understanding that the old SF is a base for the next 2 years. After this first cycle, things will normalize.

Naz - 2019 7a 2020 5a if no title game 8a if title game.
giphy.gif

OK let's see if I have a clue how this works. Go easy on the clueless comments. :)

If Naz either:
1) wins 7A in 2019 & makes 7A Semis or less in 2020
(or)
2) makes 7A Semis or less in 2019 & wins 7A in 2020

they would drop back down to 5A for 2021 (or wherever their normal multiplier lands.)

BUT

If Naz wins 7A in both 2019 & 2020

they would move up to 8A for 2021

NOTE: Anywhere it says win 7A above would really mean 1st or 2nd in 7A

That #80 looks bigger than 6ft 192 lbs. Looks more like 6'4" 247. I also have to think the PSU stat trackers have an idea what they're doing. Looks like the photographer or whoever captioned it made a mistake.

Hey Bones post a copy of the cancelled check you sent to Naz when you lost the bet.

Think what you will, I know my kid played as does the Penn State football family. Best group of people you could ask for as extended family. Hopefully he remains healthy and gets more chances to play over the next 3 years and the upcoming Bowl game. Most important thing is he is on schedule to graduate with his undergrad in 3-3.5 years.

Perhaps you can pick on his girlfriend next who is an all around gymnast on the Iowa State gymnastics team.

That #80 looks bigger than 6ft 192 lbs. Looks more like 6'4" 247. I also have to think the PSU stat trackers have an idea what they're doing. Looks like the photographer or whoever captioned it made a mistake.

You'll prob hate this idea but why not take every playoff qualifyers' playoff win percentage over a recent timeframe, say the last 4 years or so and rank each team per class for the playoffs that way. 8a is the top prize anyway so if you are Naz, Montini, JCA, etc.. then your regular season is against higher class opponents anyway so let teams play their way up into the higher class playoffs based on playoff success. If all teams are a little more evenly matched by talent, maybe it could reduce all the first round blow outs. And a school with little playoff success history like a Shepard, Reavis, Von Stuben, Taft, etc.. has a shot to win a title in a lower class instead of just being a tune up each year for the powerhouse teams like LWE, Rice or Mount Carmel. It would also create more parity in the earlier rounds by having 1st round 8A games like IC vs. Main South or Bmac vs. Naperville Central. It could even things out a bit using talent or success of the program as the playoff class determining factor instead of school population. Then if a team like IC makes it to the 8a playoffs but can't compete at the 8a level, adjust them down for next season's playoffs so you have programs moving up and down in playoff class all the time. Just an idea... without putting too much thought into it...

Hey Bones post a copy of the cancelled check you sent to Naz when you lost the bet.

Think what you will, I know my kid played as does the Penn State football family. Best group of people you could ask for as extended family. Hopefully he remains healthy and gets more chances to play over the next 3 years and the upcoming Bowl game. Most important thing is he is on schedule to graduate with his undergrad in 3-3.5 years.

Perhaps you can pick on his girlfriend next who is an all around gymnast on the Iowa State gymnastics team.

Hey Jwar - what is the amount of the check Bones is going to be writing to Nazareth Academy?

I believe he bet a G on here and was proven wrong then reneged. That was about 2 maybe 3 years ago now. At some point last year he stated he would never pay the bet. I don’t know why I even argue with the guy, it’s a huge waste of time.

Hey Jwar - what is the amount of the check Bones is going to be writing to Nazareth Academy?

Ahhhhhh, yes. Now I follow.

That's my point, bask in the blood.

If he's just a crusader against internet lies, and actually just decided this is his first post. Well I guess chivalry isn't dead.

Chivalry? Is Bones a female? Or is chivalry gender agnostic?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT