ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Success factors

Gene,

Appreciate the kind words, no need to worry about DHS and his mud slinging, he is who he is. As a Catholic you just have to learn to let it roll off your back and turn the other cheek, then prep for the next round from him or others that want to put you down. It truly is sad that today’s society seems to prefer to resent others success’, rather than embrace them. I hope he finds solace in his life at some point.

We’ve been very fortunate regarding tuition and have no complaints or concerns with affordability.
Glad the tuition isn't a problem. I was fortunate and only had to pay one kid's college tuition. Turned out even though he was smart he wasn't a very good student. Too much partying. LOL. Worked out okay as he went in the Marine Corps and grew up.

Reading some of the posts since you wrote the above you must have really pissed off some of these guys on here. I'm not one of them but I do try to look past the sniping and focus at what is important in life. Religion, family, country and high school football. Maybe that's because I'm retired and as that famous American Rhett Butler said "Frankly my dear I don't give a damn." Someone said in the recent past "Can't we all get along". Maybe, maybe not depending on how strongly you feel about somethings. BTW, I'm Catholic and shamed to admit I have told some lies in the past. Done worse things than that but I'm too old to go to prison. I'm hoping some time in purgatory will alleviate those deeds and finally get me to that great fishing hole in the sky.

Glad the tuition isn't a problem. I was fortunate and only had to pay one kid's college tuition. Turned out even though he was smart he wasn't a very good student. Too much partying. LOL. Worked out okay as he went in the Marine Corps and grew up.

Reading some of the posts since you wrote the above you must have really pissed off some of these guys on here. I'm not one of them but I do try to look past the sniping and focus at what is important in life. Religion, family, country and high school football. Maybe that's because I'm retired and as that famous American Rhett Butler said "Frankly my dear I don't give a damn." Someone said in the recent past "Can't we all get along". Maybe, maybe not depending on how strongly you feel about somethings. BTW, I'm Catholic and shamed to admit I have told some lies in the past. Done worse things than that but I'm too old to go to prison. I'm hoping some time in purgatory will alleviate those deeds and finally get me to that great fishing hole in the sky.

Well to be clear, it wasn't just his lying that ruffled my feathers, it was more so the way he was arrogant towards Bones and using his lie to prove himself right. If he would have lied once and then let it go, no biggie, but then to use that lie to put someone else down is pure garbage.. And now, several months later, he is too much of a coward to apologize, which says a lot about a mans integrity.

I would just like to insert a little reminder as to who revived this "long since dead" thread that had not been posted in since before Christmas and tried name themselves "the Cleanser".

Jwar hasn't posted in 2 months after being called out and running into his hole . Call me The Cleanser

And is now trying to take the stance of Victim of attacks and lies.

Be careful of the Web of Lies you weave.

th

Lots of things said about lies and being Catholic. Look at today's Sun*Times. Front page story about the $100M acquired by the Archdiocese of Chicago from the sale of Holy Name lot. Story on page 10. Seems as if a lot of the money will be used to repay money that was borrowed to cover the financial costs of clergy sex abuse claims. Looks like they owe more than $200M, mostly related to sex abuse claims. And they expect that another $100M is out there waiting to be sought out for future claims. Stop and think about how much good that money could have done for the poor, the sick and the others who are in need. The lies and cover ups are disgraceful. They still don't want to face this.

My Uncle passed away on February 2nd. My cousin handled his service which included a mass in a Catholic church Joliet. It had been a while since I attended church. The priest said a nice mass, but when he got to the sermon, it hit me they really don't even want to discuss this.

He talked about how many people in this country are at each other's throats and don't want to be civil anymore. He talked about how human life has become so cheap now. He talked about how a generation of people before mine were more civil and many more of them attended church. He said it is rare to find a gentleman anymore. He said we are becoming more and more godless. He mentioned the fact that attendance in churches across the country are down. He also pointed to these things as reasons for it.

But, nowhere in his sermon did he mention the sex scandals that occurred in the church during that great generation before mine and continues today as the major reason for the decline. All the lies and cover ups.

I say all of this because someone here wrote, "a good catholic would admit his lie." Think about that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gene K.
I would just like to insert a little reminder as to who revived this "long since dead" thread that had not been posted in since before Christmas and tried name themselves "the Cleanser".

And is now trying to take the stance of Victim of attacks and lies.

Be careful of the Web of Lies you weave.

th

I absolutely brought this up because its funny that the dude was an absolute prick to many here, he gets busted for being a fraud and he runs and hides. He is reading this thread as I type this and chooses to be a coward, perhaps a few here need to think about who they buddy up with.

And I am taking no stance as a "victim", this is 100% just me calling out one person as a liar and coward.

Anyway, I am done with this thread, his being quiet is enough of an admission on his part on what kind of person he is, plus he has lost all credibility on this forum.

I absolutely brought this up because its funny that the dude was an absolute prick to many here, he gets busted for being a fraud and he runs and hides. He is reading this thread as I type this and chooses to be a coward, perhaps a few here need to think about who they buddy up with.

And I am taking no stance as a "victim", this is 100% just me calling out one person as a liar and coward.

Anyway, I am done with this thread, his being quiet is enough of an admission on his part on what kind of person he is, plus he has lost all credibility on this forum.

I love how you think you have it all figured out, when in fact you don’t have the slightest clue. You think I’m buddying up to Jwar when I do not have a clue who Jwar is or what he stands for, other than the fact that he is not you which makes him more likable by default.

You may be right or you may be wrong about whatever the initial conflict was, but I DON’T CARE.

You think I have taken a big defensive stance to protect Jwar and you just can’t figure out why. Well let me put this in the Plainest possible English to completely clear that up.

I don’t like you, period. (Whomever you really might be.)

(More if you want it.)

I don’t like the way you present yourself.

I don’t like the way you argue.

I don’t like the way you sling mud at everyone who doesn’t agree with you.

I don’t like the way you point guilty fingers in all directions.

I don’t like the way you whine.

I don’t like the way you try to generalize Catholics based on me.

I don’t like the way you try to generalize my faith based on Catholic Institutions.

I don’t like the way you think spouting something over-and-over will make you more correct.

I don’t like how you magically appeared out of nowhere as a new poster to insert yourself in an argument.

I don’t like the way you revived a long dead thread to try to pat yourself on the back.

Are you starting to understand yet?

Well I am 100% correct about the initial conflict, the rest is just you blabbering on like a fool..

You don't like me?? WOW, how will I sleep tonight?

Kevin has been a clown since he popped up inserting himself into discussions he knew nothing about, it's no surprise where he stands.

I have seen quite a few posts from Kevin and the guy seems very reasonable to me. He has a strong opinion about some things but that's ok. We don't have a problem and I only decide how I feel about a person based on my direct interaction with them. I don't follow any crowds and never have.

DHS, you wrote that a certain person here (jwarigaku) "is too much of a coward to apologize, which says a lot about a man's integrity." I agree wholeheartedly with that statement. But you need to understand, we have a guy posting in this thread right now who fits that assessment 100%.

I think it is fair to recognize his lack of integrity as well.

I love how you think you have it all figured out, when in fact you don’t have the slightest clue. You think I’m buddying up to Jwar when I do not have a clue who Jwar is or what he stands for, other than the fact that he is not you which makes him more likable by default.

You may be right or you may be wrong about whatever the initial conflict was, but I DON’T CARE.

You think I have taken a big defensive stance to protect Jwar and you just can’t figure out why. Well let me put this in the Plainest possible English to completely clear that up.

I don’t like you, period. (Whomever you really might be.)

(More if you want it.)

I don’t like the way you present yourself.

I don’t like the way you argue.

I don’t like the way you sling mud at everyone who doesn’t agree with you.

I don’t like the way you point guilty fingers in all directions.

I don’t like the way you whine.

I don’t like the way you try to generalize Catholics based on me.

I don’t like the way you try to generalize my faith based on Catholic Institutions.

I don’t like the way you think spouting something over-and-over will make you more correct.

I don’t like how you magically appeared out of nowhere as a new poster to insert yourself in an argument.

I don’t like the way you revived a long dead thread to try to pat yourself on the back.

Are you starting to understand yet?
Kevin...if I was standing next to you and it was possible, I'd buy you a cocktail. That took a lot of energy! ;)

Lots of things said about lies and being Catholic. Look at today's Sun*Times. Front page story about the $100M acquired by the Archdiocese of Chicago from the sale of Holy Name lot. Story on page 10. Seems as if a lot of the money will be used to repay money that was borrowed to cover the financial costs of clergy sex abuse claims. Looks like they owe more than $200M, mostly related to sex abuse claims. And they expect that another $100M is out there waiting to be sought out for future claims. Stop and think about how much good that money could have done for the poor, the sick and the others who are in need. The lies and cover ups are disgraceful. They still don't want to face this.

My Uncle passed away on February 2nd. My cousin handled his service which included a mass in a Catholic church Joliet. It had been a while since I attended church. The priest said a nice mass, but when he got to the sermon, it hit me they really don't even want to discuss this.

He talked about how many people in this country are at each other's throats and don't want to be civil anymore. He talked about how human life has become so cheap now. He talked about how a generation of people before mine were more civil and many more of them attended church. He said it is rare to find a gentleman anymore. He said we are becoming more and more godless. He mentioned the fact that attendance in churches across the country are down. He also pointed to these things as reasons for it.

But, nowhere in his sermon did he mention the sex scandals that occurred in the church during that great generation before mine and continues today as the major reason for the decline. All the lies and cover ups.

I say all of this because someone here wrote, "a good catholic would admit his lie." Think about that.
LTHSalum76: I go to church every Sunday unless it is blizzard conditions. I know the priests in our parish have repeated on different Sundays that there is no place in our religion for pedaphiles and condemned their actions in no uncertain terms. I don't know if a funeral Mass would have been appropriate for discussing and condemning the priest sex scandal. The rest of his sermon you related sounds okay to me though. Not trying to defend what occurred with these guys who I would not call priests even though they wear the robes. The coverups is as bad if not worse than the actions of the guilty priests. The "give them another chance" hasn't worked too well with pedaphilia behaviors in the real world and often doesn't work with other crimes too.

Well I am 100% correct about the initial conflict, the rest is just you blabbering on like a fool..

You don't like me?? WOW, how will I sleep tonight?

Disclaimer: I may or may not be recovering from another minor surgery / procedure (Angioplasty) this past weekend that may greatly reduce my people tolerance, but that in no way means I would be tolerant of you otherwise. But hopefully that will be my last medical procedure for a long time.

I thought you were leaving this thread and not coming back. In your defense there was no way you could have resisted all the bait I put on my hook, so I won't call it a lie. :D

Anyway, saying "I'm done with this thread" now means: at least 1 hour 45 minutes.

I have seen quite a few posts from Kevin and the guy seems very reasonable to me. He has a strong opinion about some things but that's ok. We don't have a problem and I only decide how I feel about a person based on my direct interaction with them. I don't follow any crowds and never have.

DHS, you wrote that a certain person here (jwarigaku) "is too much of a coward to apologize, which says a lot about a man's integrity." I agree wholeheartedly with that statement. But you need to understand, we have a guy posting in this thread right now who fits that assessment 100%.

I think it is fair to recognize his lack of integrity as well.

That I haven't seen, but also do not read every thread. I teach and it drives me crazy when a kid is jacking around and his response is " Well Dalton was doing the same thing.... ", and then expects a free pass because of that reasoning.

All.... HHS is in the teaching profession as well. Are there any conclusions posters and board readers should draw with that correlation? Just curious. Ratsy

LTHSalum76: I go to church every Sunday unless it is blizzard conditions. I know the priests in our parish have repeated on different Sundays that there is no place in our religion for pedaphiles and condemned their actions in no uncertain terms. I don't know if a funeral Mass would have been appropriate for discussing and condemning the priest sex scandal. The rest of his sermon you related sounds okay to me though. Not trying to defend what occurred with these guys who I would not call priests even though they wear the robes. The coverups is as bad if not worse than the actions of the guilty priests. The "give them another chance" hasn't worked too well with pedaphilia behaviors in the real world and often doesn't work with other crimes too.
Here is how I feel. I do agree that most of the sermon was fine and something I could agree on. But there were some words that fell under the heading of recruiting new parishioners. So, he may have said something to the effect the church has it's own "challenges" to deal with and correct. We all would have known what he meant without mentioning it directly.

I have said many, many times, I feel the best way to deal with this is to bring it out into the open completely and clean it up. Charge these priests as criminals, just like anyone else on the street who did something like this repeatedly. Put them in prison, just like anyone who commits such an act. In the end, they are no better than common criminals. Why treat them differently? These people are supposed to be some of the most trusted in the world.

Instead, they try to hide it, they don't say anything or help in any investigation. They stonewall. The act is a little worse than the cover up because without the act, the cover up wouldn't be needed. I believe that approach is hurting the church far more than if they just took it on in the open. Doing what they do causes more people to lose faith and trust.

I still have my faith and I still pray. But, I just can't bring myself to go to church regularly knowing some of this is still going on and many in the profession are still not speaking.

Look at this priest from Providence. He simply refuses to turn over his phone, so they let him keep it. Now, who knows where he is hiding or where he will turn up. That has got to stop!

Here is how I feel. I do agree that most of the sermon was fine and something I could agree on. But there were some words that fell under the heading of recruiting new parishioners. So, he may have said something to the effect the church has it's own "challenges" to deal with and correct. We all would have known what he meant without mentioning it directly.

I have said many, many times, I feel the best way to deal with this is to bring it out into the open completely and clean it up. Charge these priests as criminals, just like anyone else on the street who did something like this repeatedly. Put them in prison, just like anyone who commits such an act. In the end, they are no better than common criminals. Why treat them differently? These people are supposed to be some of the most trusted in the world.

Instead, they try to hide it, they don't say anything or help in any investigation. They stonewall. The act is a little worse than the cover up because without the act, the cover up wouldn't be needed. I believe that approach is hurting the church far more than if they just took it on in the open. Doing what they do causes more people to lose faith and trust.

I still have my faith and I still pray. But, I just can't bring myself to go to church regularly knowing some of this is still going on and many in the profession are still not speaking.

Look at this priest from Providence. He simply refuses to turn over his phone, so they let him keep it. Now, who knows where he is hiding or where he will turn up. That has got to stop!
Agree with everything you have said. Prison is where all pedophiles belong and the people who covered this up also belong in prison period. Quite frankly, and I'm sure some would find my position extreme but I am all for castration for pedophiles, if not physically then thru chemicals. Might not stop all of them but its a start. Respect your position but I would encourage you not to let the actions of some individual priests restrict the overall goodness of your religion.

ADVERTISEMENT