ADVERTISEMENT

MC Up 28-19 3Q 4:52

Texas football is a whole other world. Especially in the top classes.
Atascosita High in Humble, TX (north east of downtown Houston, locals pronounce it UMMbull). The Houston area is quite large in area, 4th largest city in the U.S., and the associated towns surrounding is a recruiting hotbed all by itself. Here is the info on their stadium, nice facility, not over top in size, seats 10,500...https://texasbob.com/stadium/stadium.php?id=365

Few observations.

It seemed like the edges were open all day on MC's defense. Flyers were getting outside at will. Yeah speed kills, but that's just lack of containment discipline.

MC's QB kinda reminded me of Brett Morse, loved his inside running with power. I agreed with going for it on that 4th down because it had worked all game and he is a load behind a stout OL and ESL looked to be gassed.

The offsides penalties have to be worked on, but that happens when you have a "get after it" defense.

Nice good physical game to open the season. Love that when they were down by a lot late the Flyers didn't pack it in. They keep playing till the horn. MC on the other side came with a game plan and executed the vast majority of the game. Both are odds on favorites in their classes.
That was my biggest area of concern heading into season was replacing Novickas and Arrington on the outside. They were so good sideline to sideline.

Reactions: Silver Rain
That was my biggest area of concern heading into season was replacing Novickas and Arrington on the outside. They were so good sideline to sideline.
Parker can cover some ground. Check out this hit on a kick off. I’m sure you heard the reaction from the MC announcers.

I dont know who on the schedule will be able to duplicate that so there should be a little more room for error.

Zander Gorman, our newest #27, did great on the outside on his first varsity start. Has excellent speed, Sometimes overshot it out of being too hyped up, but again, first start, he will settle in. Tristan Pustateri (SP?) got the other start on the other end. More a middle LB in my opinion and may end up there in 24 but too good of a tackler to leave off the field, strongest kid on the team, but his speed didn’t match up to ESL speed, he will be fine against most teams but he was sub’d out for Dillon Conway in certain situations

@chiliconcarne
@gobears25

You guys are getting mad about nothing. You take offense where none is meant. I could say that you're undisciplined, but that would result in more red-faced emojis. I could say that your team was undisciplined, but that's only half the story. The other half is that we saw an exciting game between the two best teams in Illinois. Be grateful for your blessings.

Last edited:
Zander Gorman, our newest #27, did great on the outside on his first varsity start. Has excellent speed, Sometimes overshot it out of being too hyped up, but again, first start, he will settle in. Tristan Pustateri (SP?) got the other start on the other end. More a middle LB in my opinion and may end up there in 24 but too good of a tackler to leave off the field, strongest kid on the team, but his speed didn’t match up to ESL speed, he will be fine against most teams but he was sub’d out for Dillon Conway in certain situations
Always tough to replace a current D1 and another D1 calibre kid. That was a tough crucible of combat for them and many of the new guys. Won't see that level of speed again. Better off for it heading into rest of season.

Reactions: crusader_of_90
@chiliconcarne
@gobears25

You guys are getting mad about nothing. You take offense where none is meant. I could say that you're undisciplined, but that would result in more red-faced emojis. I could say that your team was undisciplined, but that's only half the story. The other half is that we saw an exciting game between the two best teams in Illinois. Be grateful for your blessings.
images

Reactions: gobears25
might as well just come out and say we have low impulse control

Here's the definition I had in mind, from the Cambridge Dictionary.

Full of energy and enthusiasm; impossible to stop.
eg. Even the rain failed to dampen his irrepressible spirits.

Most words have multiple meanings, and some can mean their opposite.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: gobears25
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT