ADVERTISEMENT

MC Up 28-19 3Q 4:52

That people were making it seem mc needed the win to validate themselves was wild.
Esl coaches and adults calling for the game then bring a team that was out of shape, undisciplined, and not believers in hydration.

What are you basing we can’t stop the run on? Were you getting any of this information from? This is laughable! I hear through the grapevine this is the best defense in years. Shhhh
Not trying to pile on here but after seeing the ESL D this is most definitely NOT the best defense in years. The grapevine was selling wolf tickets. They will get better and may even still be a state championship defense. They will def look great vs their anemic conference with no teams even close in talent level. They will def be tested and not look much like a “top D” against the best comp left on their schedule. Best D in years? Nah. Not even close.

Reactions: Silver Rain
Why exactly did MC go for it on 4th and 1? Because the Coach is an ego maniac?
He goes for it on 4th all the time. They get it game is over then.
Kid plays defense on mc it's definitely maddening, haha. But learning how to play thru adversity is a huge thing for kids.

Not trying to pile on here but after seeing the ESL D this is most definitely NOT the best defense in years. The grapevine was selling wolf tickets. They will get better and may even still be a state championship defense. They will def look great vs their anemic conference with no teams even close in talent level. They will def be tested and not look much like a “top D” against the best comp left on their schedule. Best D in years? Nah. Not even close.
I think the best defense ESL has had was the 2016 championship team, but this year's team still showed good D tonight. MC obviously has a great running attack, but ESL still made them work for it. Takes a good D to at least slow down a good team like that.

That people were making it seem mc needed the win to validate themselves was wild.
Esl coaches and adults calling for the game then bring a team that was out of shape, undisciplined, and not believers in hydration.
. . . and still only lost by 3 to one of the best teams in state. Come playoff time, they should be 25 pt favs in every game.

Reactions: tomloner
You're gonnna save the night by making a case for esl winning an imaginary 5th quarter?
Game is over take the L and worry bout Marist.

East plays anyone, rice can call them tomorrow to play week 1 next year.
He’s not a BR supporter.

O'Brien ~ Dupree, a Wisconsin recruit, had 20 carries for 70 yards and two touchdowns. He caught six passes for 52 yards. EST starting running back TaRyan Martin didn’t play in the first half. His introduction to the game opened up the Flyers’ offense. He had seven carries for 46 yards and a touchdown.

ESTL will win 6A no problem
No excuses they lost today and should play teams from Illinois
No need to travel and think they are a national powerhouse .
They would not win 7A or 8A in Illinois
Good game
I had Mount Carmel at 36-20
Could have been
Well they gotta go to Maryland to play national power saint Frances then they have to play a 6a texas team who made it to the semis last year . Would be super weird if they ended the seam on 6-3 but who knows

Well they gotta go to Maryland to play national power saint Frances then they have to play a 6a texas team who made it to the semis last year . Would be super weird if they ended the seam on 6-3 but who knows
With ESL, having a 6 - 3 record and playing a 9 - 0 Lemont (last year the game was close, I know) in R1 really won't matter because Flyer would be the prohibitive favorite. They will most likely coast for sure.

However, assuming PC, Kankakee and Rita make the playoffs, I could see tighter games with those respective teams. At this point, ESL is definitely the favorite to win 6A.

ESL-PC-Kankakee-Rita all being in one 16 team "southern" division is going to be tough. 6A needs 1 - 32 seeding. There is a possibility that Rita could end up in the "northern" division, which would really be interesting.

Most seasons, if East Side could cut their penalties in half, it would never lose against an in-state opponent. But that's why you play the game.
ESL screwed the pooch with so many penalties in the first half, then got better.
Hey Crusader90 would you call all the penalties undisciplined or is it the coaches fault.? In an earlier post you seemed to indicate the coaches let them down. Care to elaborate. Not trying to start anything just trying to understand your thoughts. It was a great game that we all thought would be.

Late in the 4th ESL kicked off to MC and the ball went out of bounds. Is there a reason they spotted the ball on the 20? I thought they should have tacked on the penalty for kicking out of bounds. Did the refs blow this call or did something happen that I missed. I also believe MC not punting on 4th down was a bad decision by MC coach.

Late in the 4th ESL kicked off to MC and the ball went out of bounds. Is there a reason they spotted the ball on the 20? I thought they should have tacked on the penalty for kicking out of bounds. Did the refs blow this call or did something happen that I missed. I also believe MC not punting on 4th down was a bad decision by MC coach.
I do not know the exact specifics of the rule but I think the penalty is that the ball is placed a certain distance from where it was kicked. Since MC had a 15 yard penalty on the 2 point conversion, ESL kicked off from the MC 45. The ball was placed 25 yards from where it was kicked off.

I do not know the exact specifics of the rule but I think the penalty is that the ball is placed a certain distance from where it was kicked. Since MC had a 15 yard penalty on the 2 point conversion, ESL kicked off from the MC 45. The ball was placed 25 yards from where it was kicked off.
Correct

Correct
Thanks for the reply. That makes sense.

Hey Crusader90 would you call all the penalties undisciplined or is it the coaches fault.? In an earlier post you seemed to indicate the coaches let them down. Care to elaborate. Not trying to start anything just trying to understand your thoughts. It was a great game that we all thought would be.

Think you get at the spot of out of bounds or it's a re kick.
Them being gassed in the 3rd quarter and cramping like is crazy is on the coaches. I don't think mc had one kid cramp, if they did still wasn't the dozen esl had.
Idk their history but maybe they always have penalties but are usually much better than the other team and can overcome similar to mc last year.
And with 4th down, that's what he does. Having a kid play d before, I've whispered to myself, wtf are we doing jordan many times. But so far hasn't cost them a game and does force your defense to play thru adversity which is a great thing to get used to.

I initially was upset they didn’t punt but here’s the thing, first off he doesn’t like punt 😀, but in this particular case, every time ESL scored they did it on a quick one or two plays after a long run or pass. So it didn’t matter if they did it from the 20 or 40 yards further, it might have made 8 seconds difference. Yes many would have rolled the dice with 40 yards further but the play worked all night, if he makes it we burn the clock, it worked out fortunately in the end but I think he figured if they score and even get 2 we still get the ball back and can kill it then which they did. If it wasn’t an 11 point lead at the time, he would have punted

Last edited:

The statements were verbatim quotes from the announcers. Not my sentiment.

Reactions: jha618 and corey90
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT