ADVERTISEMENT

MC Up 28-19 3Q 4:52

The game is decided on a play like this and results on lawsuits being filed in both St. Claire and Cook counties.
https://bradybunchreviewed.files.wordpress.com/2017/09/contr3.jpg?w=672
contr3.jpg

Reactions: rocketnation
This game is going to obviously have everyone’s attention and interest and many have been looking forward to this as it’s a battle of the top two winningest and successful programs in IL, but the smack talk you would see before a CCL rivalry game will be toned down a bit for this battle because there isn’t that neighborhood rivalry between these two programs. These players don’t know each other. They aren’t friends. As fans, outside of what we know from this site or Twitter we don’t know much about each others teams outside of our successful histories, and that’s part of what makes this game so intriguing every time they play. Any fan that says “We are going to beat them easy” is strictly talking out of the wrong end. MC playing ESL distance wise is the same if they played a team from Cleveland. Both teams are loaded, it’s the two toughest kids on the block about to fight, and not really knowing much about either team is part of the fun!

Does anyone know how this game about because from what I’ve heard it was talking between the players that lead to it but I’m not sure

Does anyone know how this game about because from what I’ve heard it was talking between the players that lead to it but I’m not sure
While being honored as champs at a Bears game, the Boys in Brown started some trash talk with the humble boys in Orange and Blue. The Flyer leadership reached out to Caravan bosses and suggested that instead of having the boys talk about who is better, let us play a friendly and let that be the end of this silly chatter.

Reactions: kwamizee
I guess we're close enough to unveil my pick.

My head is saying Caravan but heart is saying Flyers. East Side really showed me something by coming back against SJB. It tells me they've leveled up since the last two meetings. But so has Mt Carmel.

It will come down to whether East Side folk feed me in the parking lot.

While being honored as champs at a Bears game, the Boys in Brown started some trash talk with the humble boys in Orange and Blue. The Flyer leadership reached out to Caravan bosses and suggested that instead of having the boys talk about who is better, let us play a friendly and let that be the end of this silly chatter.
Tell it like it is, Flyers leadership reached out to Twitter before they reached out to Caravan bosses. MC had a game with Morgan Park already scheduled for week 1. That tweet led to a lot of trash talk on Twitter and on this site there were several “Caravan Duckin’” posts from ESL fans. MC was able to get MP moved to week 2 and it was locked in. ISU graciously offered to host to cut the commute for the numerous fans.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: crusader_of_90
All..... Great scene in one of my favorite movies. David Kelly came up with using the beer bottles. Ratsy (former member of the Baseball Furies)

Reactions: Silver Rain
“The humble boys in orange and blue!” 😂😂

Tell it like it is, Flyers leadership reached out to Twitter before they reached out to Caravan bosses. MC had a game with Morgan Park already scheduled for week 1. That tweet led to a lot of trash talk on Twitter and on this site there were several “Caravan Duckin’” posts from ESL fans. MC was able to get MP moved to week 2 and it was locked in. ISU graciously offered to host to cut the commute for the numerous fans.
The real story is both boys and coaches were having a friendly discussion at the Bears game about who was better. After the game MC reach out about week 2. Because it was the classic week, MC stalled talks while apparently working MP on moving their game. During that time, ESL coach went to twitter to put a little pressure on resuming talks. MC reached back out and said week 1 in a neutral site. ESL admin thought the game should be home considering the last two meetings were at Gately which created a little delay as well. Based on everyone thinking this would be a fun game, both sides agreed to meet at ISU on Saturday night. A lot of respect goes both ways, so this should be fun for Illinois High School Football.

Note to MC, watch the Estl. vs CG championship game film from a couple years ago.

What’s funny about that is Prairie Ridge runs essentially the same offense as Cary Grove. I think the big difference in the championship game was number 34.

The threat of a more balanced attack and stronger defense was the difference between CG and PR.

Brilliant coaching had a lot to do with it as well. 34 was awesome but it was a team effort.

Reactions: atrain97
Brilliant coaching had a lot to do with it as well. 34 was awesome but it was a team effort.
I agree, but I don’t think there was any other running back on the team that could’ve carried the load like he did. I still don’t know how their defense managed ESL. Anyway, it’s history.

Last edited:
I agree, but I don’t think there was any other running back on the team that could’ve carried the load like he did. I still don’t know how their defense managed ESL. Anyway, it’s history.
CG def really didnt do anything to stop ESL. They scored on every possession. The difference was the on-side kick. Neither def could stop the other offense. CG stealing that possession was the key.

ESL has been known to stumble out of the gate so I'm going with MC and some quality time at Destihl

I guess we're close enough to unveil my pick.

My head is saying Caravan but heart is saying Flyers. East Side really showed me something by coming back against SJB. It tells me they've leveled up since the last two meetings. But so has Mt Carmel.

It will come down to whether East Side folk feed me in the parking lot.
With which fanbase will you sit?

ESL has been known to stumble out of the gate
Last year, lost to STF in the opener 20-13. That game was as hard hitting as you will find at the prep level. Then they WHOOPPED CBC 64-19, then lost by two to Georgia.

In 2021, they beat CBC and then DeSmet before falling to St. John Bosco 42-26 in game 3.

2020 was meaningless.

In 2019, they opened with a whipping of Batavia, STL Trinity and then Neuqua on their way to a 14-0 season.

No way they stop the running game of Mount Carmel . ESTL lost to much to over come that backfield .
What they lost was on the O-Line ... how does that equate to not stoping the MC run game?

Are they working on that? Actually vs CG there was a late hit oob that kept a CG drive going when it was essentially stopped. Without that it could have been a whole different game IMO.
NFL players get penalties and they make millions? The Bengals LB essentially help KC win the Super Bowl with his late hit.

How can a team practice to NOT ever have a penalty?
2022 Title game PR 3-35yds and ESL 4-29

NFL players get penalties and they make millions? The Bengals LB essentially help KC win the Super Bowl with his late hit.

How can a team practice to NOT ever have a penalty?
2022 Title game PR 3-35yds and ESL 4-29
Well if penalties cost you a game I'd address it.

Anyway, my gut says ESL wins this game, and MC benefits greatly from the experience. JMO

IMO wouldn’t last years state game and run show those issues were fixed. CG won a hard fought game but it didn’t make or break ESL. Hence us winning the next season and them not so much

41-17 ESL. And the why is because that’s what we are designed to do. Kick azz and talk sh!t. LBVS
I can tell you on one hand how many games MC lost by 24 points in the last 40 years. This won’t be one of them! This team is too talented to get bested by 7 let alone 24

Reactions: dweise and Jenny27
HUGE game for MC. A loss here hurts them way more than ESL. The Flyers play some of the best teams in the nation early every year. They can start 0-2 or 1-3 and be just fine. They prove it every year. This is just another game for Flyer Nation 🥱

Reactions: crusader_of_90
Are they splitting the fan base? I figured fans would sit wherever. As a Redbird it would feel weird on the visitors side.

HUGE game for MC. A loss here hurts them way more than ESL. The Flyers play some of the best teams in the nation early every year. They can start 0-2 or 1-3 and be just fine. They prove it every year. This is just another game for Flyer Nation 🥱
How would losing to a team like ESL hurt MC?

Reactions: BIGR79 and jha618
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT