ADVERTISEMENT

Your First Favorite Player

greatgig13

Oct 6, 2014
It’s the high school offseason so let’s have some fun. Who’s your first favorite football player?

I’ll start with RB Wendell Tyler of the LA Rams. I was a big Rams fan as a kid. Don’t know why, but I loved their helmets and colors as a kid.

Bears - Curtis Conway and Bryan Cox
Non Bears - Reggie White and Terrell Davis

Guess what year I started watching football...🤣
Probably around the same time as me! Curtis Conway was my first ever jersey, so hes probably up there for me as well. I remember liking Cox along with Raymont Harris, Mark Carrier, and James Big Cat Williams. But yea, Davis and Elway and those late 90s Broncos including the b2b Super Bowlds were up there for me in my early NFL fandom (and damn what an awful time to become a Bears fan 🥴)

Last edited:
It’s the high school offseason so let’s have some fun. Who’s your first favorite football player?

I’ll start with RB Wendell Tyler of the LA Rams. I was a big Rams fan as a kid. Don’t know why, but I loved their helmets and colors as a kid.
Peter Patton (QB '92 Loyola) and Peter Gorman (DB/Utility '96 Loyola) top the list. Jamie Baisley, Pat Naughton and Adrian Autry round it out.

Reactions: ignazio and MMA_Det
Bart Starr to Boyd Dowler for the touchdown as called by the great Ray Scott!!
Go, Pack!
He'd begin by saying, "Dale to the left, the ever-present Boyd Dowler to the right, Pitts the running back, Starr with the signal..."

"3 ... 88.. hut"

Isn't he the only player in the NFL who never made a tackle.
He definitely avoided any kind of contact. He liked to dance and show boat. Actually tackling was a weak spot in his game. You never worried about about him laying a hit on a player. Speed was his weapon.

Reactions: Wassup13
Len Dawson. I was Chiefs fan before becoming a Bears fan. I blame Walter Payton for the switch. LOL. Deep down I am still a Chiefs fan and if you've never been there you must put a game at Arrowhead on your bucket list.

Last edited:
He definitely avoided any kind of contact. He liked to dance and show boat. Actually tackling was a weak spot in his game. You never worried about about him laying a hit on a player. Speed was his weapon.
He didn't have to do any tackling because the ball was rarely thrown into his zone. Guys don't make the HOF by accident.

Reactions: RockSoup
For football? Sheesh picking one is tough... Toss up between Derrick Thomas, Marcus Allen, Tony Gonzalez, Joe Montana, Andre Rison probably. One of them for sure... Was a Blue Springs, Mo kid in the 90s.

Reactions: greatgig13
He didn't have to do any tackling because the ball was rarely thrown into his zone. Guys don't make the HOF by accident.
No one talked about HOF. I just made a true statement. He avoided tackling like the plague. The ball was run his way and he never tried to hit. More of a grabber if he had to tackle.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT