ADVERTISEMENT

Willowbrook at Lake Zurich

Grepos

Jun 16, 2019
I will honestly say I don’t know much about LZ.

How is the home field there? More importantly, how are the concessions? :)

- Can they contain Tumilty and still defend against Stubblefield and Holliday?
- if they do, can they also stop Gains?

How is their OL? Fast enough to stop DT/DE sophomore Josh Brown?

I think this is a tough test for Willowbrook. But I think they will stay disciplined enough and up tempo enough to win 35-27.

Thoughts??

Reactions: kitty_bintingot
They always pride themselves on a tough defense and they have one of the best Linebackers in the State in Bryan Sanborn.

Reactions: Googertys Dog
When Naz played there last year i thought it was one of the nicest places we've played.

LZ has benefited a lot from becoming healthier, specifically getting Northwestern commit Welcing back late in the season. Early losses were to respectable teams (Marist and Fremd) and only other hiccup was to Warren (who may be the best team in the state this year). They are a program that always believes they can win in November. I would not want to have to play them right now in 7a.

LZ has benefited a lot from becoming healthier, specifically getting Northwestern commit Welcing back late in the season. Early losses were to respectable teams (Marist and Fremd) and only other hiccup was to Warren (who may be the best team in the state this year). They are a program that always believes they can win in November. I would not want to have to play them right now in 7a.
I think you could take em.

Reactions: WizardOfWoodlawn
I will honestly say I don’t know much about LZ.

How is the home field there? More importantly, how are the concessions? :)

- Can they contain Tumilty and still defend against Stubblefield and Holliday?
- if they do, can they also stop Gains?

How is their OL? Fast enough to stop DT/DE sophomore Josh Brown?

I think this is a tough test for Willowbrook. But I think they will stay disciplined enough and up tempo enough to win 35-27.

Thoughts??

This might sound strange ... but their visitor stands, while large, are actually treacherous.

They stretch from the 30 to the 30. Unfortunately, there are no stairs so you have to climb over each bench to get to the row you want. Nor is there any bar to hold onto while you climb. Older people have to sit in the first or second row. One guy fell while climbing from bench to bench.

I didn't try to concessions but I didn't hear any comlaints, either.

Reactions: Kevin JCHS 81
Last saw a playoff game there about 8 years ago. Closer parking lot fills fast so be early. Had a great time there and the atmosphere was great. Student section very active and loud. Hope it’s the same this weekend.

LZ has a load of talent, controls the clock and plays very fast once the ball is snapped. Could be that the last team with the ball wins it. This is a homer call but leaning towards a 21-14 Willowbrook win.

Lake Zurich is a nice place for a game. For southsiders the local watering holes make it feel like your in a Wisconsin weekend getaway. Nice people. If you have seniors then you have to drop them off. Too far a walk.
Football wise I’ve said all year LZ could go all the way. Tough D. Offense not great but I liked the QB. Good game

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT