ADVERTISEMENT

WB6 and TRAC week 5 look ahead

Swansa01

Gold Member
Aug 10, 2017
WB6 Week 5

Geneseo over Galesburg: Galesburg has just been hammered the past 2 weeks and it doesn’t get any easier against a Maple Leaf team that looks to be in top form. Geneseo gets the running clock by halftime and rests the starters for next weeks big game vs Sterling.

Moline over Rock Island: Two teams that need a win badly. Moline has got the nasty part of their schedule out of the way now and looking to run the table and make the playoffs. Rocky has been pretty toothless and dropping an overtime match to 1A Newman didn’t help matters. I know anything can happen in rivalry games, but I Moline rolls early and often to a big win.

Quincy over United Township: UT hasn’t been bad this season, they just haven’t been good either. The Panthers need this one to keep their playoff hopes alive. Quincy survived a brutal game against Moline the week before and now take the long bus trip to the Quad Cities. Trap game? Quincy will start slow, but get things going to move to 5-0.

Sterling over Princeton: Old NCIC programs going at it?? Yes please! The Jungle in Princeton is going to be rocking for this one. I think both teams are evenly matched, but I give Sterling the edge due to having a few more athletes. Could go either way though really.

TRAC Week 5

Sterling over Princeton: Honestly, could use more games like this scheduled between area teams.

Morrison over Monmouth-Roseville: Morrison has been a run away train that no one can catch so far this season. They will face a stern test against a MR team hitting their stride on offense and playing some lock down defense. This will be a close, back and forth game but in the end, Morrison is too good on Offense to fully stop and wins by two scores.

Sterling Newman over Erie-Prophetstown: EP has been tough in every game, but has yet to get the offense into gear. Newman is coming off of a huge win over 6A Rock Island and will look to continue to ride that momentum wave. EP has to hope the Comets are still hungover from last week, but I don’t see it. Sterling Newman wins by a couple scores in a low scoring game.

Sherrard over Riverdale: Sherrard vents a lot of frustration out on the poor Rams. Sherrard hits the running clock in the 3rd quarter, but Riverdale knocks in a few late scores to make the score reasonable.

Rockridge over Orion: Two teams trending in opposite directions. Rockridge started the season with a loss, but had been getting better and better to now stand at 3-1. Orion started out 2-0, but has been blasted the past two weeks. Orion needs this one to gain some confidence and make a post season push. This one stays close til the 4th when the Rockets ground game wins out and gives Rockridge the win.

Bureau Valley over Mendota: BV has been a pleasantly surprising team this season, playing tough in each of their 4 games. Sadly Mendota has been a train wreck with little offense and next to no defense. Mendota needs to put 4 tough quarters together to pull out a win, but I think the Storm gradually steam roll over Mendota for win number 3.

Kewanee over Hall: Hall has been playing some good football this season, but Kewanee has been playing great football, with a pair of shut outs in 4 games. This might be a bit of a trap game as Kewanee plays Princeton next week in a massive TRAC showdown, but I think the Boilermakers show up enough to pull off the win.

Princeton-Sterling should be real fun.

I don’t see a trap game at all for Kewanee, I don’t think Hall is very good. Hall’s 2 wins were against very bad teams who won’t beat anybody but each other all season.

Morrison - MR could be interesting but I think Morrison rolls, they look very good.

Reactions: Swansa01
Some final scores:

Geneseo 43
Galesburg 3

Princeton 28
Sterling 6

Quincy 63
East Moline 27

Moline 28
Rock Island 10

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT