ADVERTISEMENT

Who on your team deserves to be named All State?

McCaravan

Gold Member
Feb 1, 2016
All State selections coming up. Who do you think deserves the honor to be named All State from your team?

From MC I’ll say one lock....one possible....one long shot

Lock- Jalen Grant OL/DL. One of my favorite all time MC players. Never leaves the field even though his entire body is cramped. Plays mean, like going up against a Bear. When you win the Tony Lawless as a linemen, which I can’t say the last time that’s been done, you deserve this as well.

Possible- Lance Swain- LB. I would like to call him a lock but it’s a deep position. Still when your named the Catholic League Blue Defensive POY in a division that includes Justin Jefferson and Colin Bohanek, that’s saying something. 100 plus tackles, team vocal leader.

Dark Horse- Ben Perry- SS. 9 interceptions along with countless big hits against the talent MC played is amazing. He is a junior so probably a year away from this honor but 9 picks is 9 picks, any other players out there with 9 or more?

OK throw some worthy players on here! Who do you got?

For Swain to beat Justin Jefferson is really a big honor. Jefferson can really play that position. I will have to check to see if their is any film on Swain on Max Preps.

Montini has Nate Muersch and Deontay Bell

I said for a start. Gotta work them in slowly.
Slow down bud! All State, not All Conference, players you think are the best deserving to be named the best at that position in the State...then again if that’s your honest opinion, have at it!

Slow down bud! All State, not All Conference, players you think are the best deserving to be named the best at that position in the State...then again if that’s your honest opinion, have at it!
Naz fan base comin in hot:
3gv901.jpg

You named 3 he named 4, I threw another name in the mix. No one is saying they are locks to be all state but they are deserving of mention. Sometimes teams have multiple players that deserve it. Look at Naz last year and tell me that Diamond Evans AND Michael Love didn’t deserve all state. But Naz only got 1 kid because of this outdated mentality. Look at Mt Carmel, Grant is a monster but you can’t tell me Perry isn’t one of the best DB’s in 7a, let alone the state. So yes we are throwing names out for kids deserving of mention that’s what you asked us to do...

You named 3 he named 4, I threw another name in the mix. No one is saying they are locks to be all state but they are deserving of mention. Sometimes teams have multiple players that deserve it. Look at Naz last year and tell me that Diamond Evans AND Michael Love didn’t deserve all state. But Naz only got 1 kid because of this outdated mentality. Look at Mt Carmel, Grant is a monster but you can’t tell me Perry isn’t one of the best DB’s in 7a, let alone the state. So yes we are throwing names out for kids deserving of mention that’s what you asked us to do...
OK, Ill give that to you. He said he was just getting started.....I listed Perry as a dark horse...just think 9 picks with the schedule they played is outstanding. I don’t think any MC player has ever had 9 picks in my lifetime.

Daniel Jezik, Coal City. Well over 2000 yards rushing. Just give him the rock in the big games and block...Probably could have been all-state on D as well, but didn't have to play on D much...

Jake Rodawold, Wilmington. Approaching 2000 yards rushing...Stud on D as well...

Gesky, senior left guard, Manteno. Panthers couldn't intentionally run inside if their life depended on it two years ago. Started opening games this year with the QB under center and just pounding the rock up the middle...3 year starter both ways...his brother the left tackle should be all-state next year.

Daniel Jezik, Coal City. Well over 2000 yards rushing. Just give him the rock in the big games and block...Probably could have been all-state on D as well, but didn't have to play on D much...

Jake Rodawold, Wilmington. Approaching 2000 yards rushing...Stud on D as well...

Gesky, senior left guard, Manteno. Panthers couldn't intentionally run inside if their life depended on it two years ago. Started opening games this year with the QB under center and just pounding the rock up the middle...3 year starter both ways...his brother the left tackle should be all-state next year.

Not familiar with the guard from Manteno

Jezik for sure. Kid is a monster

Rodawold would have to be up there as well especially in 3a. Hard runner

But as we all know All-State is what it is

OK, Ill give that to you. He said he was just getting started.....I listed Perry as a dark horse...just think 9 picks with the schedule they played is outstanding. I don’t think any MC player has ever had 9 picks in my lifetime.
No honestly it’s hard to believe but obviously you guys have stated it consistently. He’s well deserving.

Reactions: Gene K.
Quinn Urweiler - if you have seen him play you know why..

Not on my team unfortunately #2 for Naz(I know, a no brainer) - That kid is dynamite, hope he doesn't beat up on the Illini to much..

Sleeper - #11 Sam Barus Safety Batavia. Not sure of his laser time but he's pretty quick, hits like a linebacker and a great special teamer, did it all..

It's a joke man... holy crap.

Quinn Urweiler - if you have seen him play you know why..

Not on my team unfortunately #2 for Naz(I know, a no brainer) - That kid is dynamite, hope he doesn't beat up on the Illini to much..

Sleeper - #11 Sam Barus Safety Batavia. Not sure of his laser time but he's pretty quick, hits like a linebacker and a great special teamer, did it all..

Two no brainers in my eyes. Barus is the best safety we’ve played by a wide margin.

Reactions: Googertys Dog
All State selections coming up. Who do you think deserves the honor to be named All State from your team?

From MC I’ll say one lock....one possible....one long shot

Lock- Jalen Grant OL/DL. One of my favorite all time MC players. Never leaves the field even though his entire body is cramped. Plays mean, like going up against a Bear. When you win the Tony Lawless as a linemen, which I can’t say the last time that’s been done, you deserve this as well.

Possible- Lance Swain- LB. I would like to call him a lock but it’s a deep position. Still when your named the Catholic League Blue Defensive POY in a division that includes Justin Jefferson and Colin Bohanek, that’s saying something. 100 plus tackles, team vocal leader.

Dark Horse- Ben Perry- SS. 9 interceptions along with countless big hits against the talent MC played is amazing. He is a junior so probably a year away from this honor but 9 picks is 9 picks, any other players out there with 9 or more?

OK throw some worthy players on here! Who do you got?
I AGREE 9 PICKS AND JALEN GRANT IS A MONSTER AND LANCE IS A PLAYMAKER

Reactions: sivada2001
How are all-state players selected? Coaches have to nominate them, correct?

Willie Shaw & Justin Jefferson from BR would have my vote.

Also - J. Grant from MC is a monster. Very deserving.

Reactions: McCaravan
Warren Township High School Football
Willis Singleton Jr. - DT (All State Jr. Year)
Juan DeLacruz - OLB (All State Jr. Year)
Adam Saul - Kicker/Punter
Josh Turner - Safety
Malachi McNeal - MLB
Derrik McLaughlin - RB
Seamus Mellican - DE

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT