ADVERTISEMENT

Who on your team deserves to be named All State?

5A only gets one! J\K my friend. I think that LB Gaughton is having a great yr too!
Yes, I don’t know enough of their scheme to know if he is where he is supposed to be all the time but he plays fast and furious every down. Definitely a throwback. Junior #11 Gaughan if anyone watches him this weekend.

All State selections coming up. Who do you think deserves the honor to be named All State from your team?

From MC I’ll say one lock....one possible....one long shot

Lock- Jalen Grant OL/DL. One of my favorite all time MC players. Never leaves the field even though his entire body is cramped. Plays mean, like going up against a Bear. When you win the Tony Lawless as a linemen, which I can’t say the last time that’s been done, you deserve this as well.

Possible- Lance Swain- LB. I would like to call him a lock but it’s a deep position. Still when your named the Catholic League Blue Defensive POY in a division that includes Justin Jefferson and Colin Bohanek, that’s saying something. 100 plus tackles, team vocal leader.

Dark Horse- Ben Perry- SS. 9 interceptions along with countless big hits against the talent MC played is amazing. He is a junior so probably a year away from this honor but 9 picks is 9 picks, any other players out there with 9 or more?

OK throw some worthy players on here! Who do you got?
All State selections coming up. Who do you think deserves the honor to be named All State from your team?

From MC I’ll say one lock....one possible....one long shot

Lock- Jalen Grant OL/DL. One of my favorite all time MC players. Never leaves the field even though his entire body is cramped. Plays mean, like going up against a Bear. When you win the Tony Lawless as a linemen, which I can’t say the last time that’s been done, you deserve this as well.

Possible- Lance Swain- LB. I would like to call him a lock but it’s a deep position. Still when your named the Catholic League Blue Defensive POY in a division that includes Justin Jefferson and Colin Bohanek, that’s saying something. 100 plus tackles, team vocal leader.

Dark Horse- Ben Perry- SS. 9 interceptions along with countless big hits against the talent MC played is amazing. He is a junior so probably a year away from this honor but 9 picks is 9 picks, any other players out there with 9 or more?

OK throw some worthy players on here! Who do you got?
Ryan Pearson, 6'3" Guard and Long snapper from Prarie Ridge.

Not familiar with the guard from Manteno

Halfway through 2016, the Panthers basically completely abandoned any concept of a normal running game when they quit read-optioning with a back out of the spread and went full time 5 wide. Zimbelman put up some video game numbers the second half because other than the occasional jet sweep all run plays were keepers because there is no one in the middle of the field - and we know he can throw, that's the reason he led D3 in touchdown passes and third in passing yards this year.

'17, again mostly jet sweeps & outside runs. '18, they could run some to the left behind the Gesky boys, but only to keep defenses honest from focusing on the jet sweep.

Game 2 against Morris, I'm like, wait a minute, QB is under center? That's an interesting twist. Game 3, under center for basically the whole first three possessions? And basically just turning around and handing to Wurster on plays behind Gesky? For a ton of yards, no less...Wurster is all-conference as a single back because Gesky should be all-state...

Reactions: Gene K.
Willowbrook:

Sam Tumilty- QB and DB - Player of the Year
DeAndre Holliday WR, DB & Punter (should be a D1 Punter)
Everette Stubblefield - WR
Ryan Ranieri C & DL
Elijah Brocki DL

Reactions: Gene K. and MS4EVER
Willowbrook:

Sam Tumilty- QB and DB - Player of the Year
DeAndre Holliday WR, DB & Punter (should be a D1 Punter)
Everette Stubblefield - WR
Ryan Ranieri C & DL
Elijah Brocki DL
Don't remember the other guys from last year but Tumilty was one tough dude and a great high school football player..

Reactions: Relist8
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT