ADVERTISEMENT

Whee does St Ignatius play its home football games?

They play at St Ignatius. The seating is horrendous. Very poor views of the field - the sight lines are very bad for the visitors. The background of the Chicago skyline is cool and it is a beautiful campus but the football field just doesn’t fit in their backyard. Look for neighborhood parking just south of the school near the baseball field.

The background of the Chicago skyline is cool and it is a beautiful campus but the football field just doesn’t fit in their backyard.

That view is incredible though. @MC63 sit in the west end zone to avoid the native Wolves.

• Haha
Reactions: Gene K.
"And Al's beef and Mario's Italian ice all within walking distance so yeah deal with the lack of seating lol ..."

Sad to say but Mario's closed for the season yesterday. A sure sign that summer is coming to an end.

Reactions: Gene K. and EdgyTim
Ignatius has been playing on campus since 2014. The school has plans remodel the stadium to improve seating (Possibly taking out the track now that they have built a new athletic complex south of Roosevelt Road).

There is parking to the east of Holy Family Church (just west of school). On street parking is pretty easy to find.

Tuscany is also great for a pre-game meal. Great outdoor patio. Easy walk from Ignatius.

Ignatius has been playing on campus since 2014. The school has plans remodel the stadium to improve seating (Possibly taking out the track now that they have built a new athletic complex south of Roosevelt Road).

There is parking to the east of Holy Family Church (just west of school). On street parking is pretty easy to find.

Tuscany is also great for a pre-game meal. Great outdoor patio. Easy walk from Ignatius.
Little Joe's right across the street from Tuscany a nice little place to have a couple drinks and walk right to game.

The best pork chops I have ever had were recently at Gibbons at 147th & Oak Park Avenue, Oak Forest! They were huge and juicy! Try it you won't be disappointed.
Better than Ditka's? It's been ages since I've been to Gibbon's.

I have been to both! Ditka's are very good too. At Gibbons, I got three huge chops which covered the a big plate, and were at least 2 and a quarter thick for $36. Meaty and juicy with little fat. The price at Ditka's would have been a lot higher than Gibbons. I am a decent eater but could only eat one chop and took the other two home.

Last edited:
This thread is really making me hungry but for parking I was told to go to a the lot on Roosevelt and Racine

The price at Ditka's would have been a lot higher
Before it closed, the downtown Ditka's had a tomahawk chop that ran about $75, or twice the price of a regular chop. A tomahawk chop is the biggest scam ever perpetrated on a naive and gullible restaurant patron. While it may have looked impressive, the extra long bone added nothing to the favor. All it did is add to the size of the check.

Am I the only one that goes to Tufanos and gets the pork chops? I’m not a pork chop-night-on-the-town kind of guy but those melt in your mouth.

The Pork Chops are my go to as well. Nothing beats using the bread as a sponge to soak up the juices/oil on the platter. The Shells & Brocolli and Tufano’s Salad along with some vino and it is bed time!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT