ADVERTISEMENT

What's going on in the Southwest suburban conference

Is that any different than in years past? Have they typically played non-conference games?
No....not many...When the invitation was extended to Bolingbrook...Oswego...and Oswego East...Oswego wanted to join the DVC...Oswego East coaches did not because they felt they were not ready to be competitive with those schools...One cannot go without the other...It was decided to wait a few seasons and revisit the issue...The schools that will make up the DVC starting next season, have many more games in various sports scheduled with these schools than ever before..Football games were not going to happen because the SWPC has 10 schools and no non conference games..All the other sports will see these two schools scheduled across the board, and I really believe that if...and I emphasize if these schools particularly Oswego East are competitive with the DVC schools, it's strongly possible that they could make the move...Time will tell....

I have heard this two other times this month. The 3 Thorns to the Southland leaving 10 in the SWSC, is what I have heard. I fail to understand all the secrecy in these matters, particularly from the SWSC. You would think some matter of national security is being guarded. Open up!

I'm pretty sure the previous lawsuit that the TT district brought up against the SWSC maybe is a reason they are keeping a bit quiet?

• Bloom is hosting 2 non-cons on Fridays, although 1 starts at 4:30, the other 6:00.
  • Rich Central hosts 2 non-cons and 1 conference game (C-M) on Fridays, but hosts D227 rival Rich South on a Saturday.
  • Rich South hosts 1 non-con along with 3 non-D227 teams on Fridays, but welcomes sister school Rich East on a Saturday.
Talked with police departments that patrol those games.They had told me some horror stories & are very cautious about these night games.

Talked with police departments that patrol those games.They had told me some horror stories & are very cautious about these night games.

Same conference..A few weeks ago there was a huge fight on the court after the Crete-Monee/ Kankakee basketball game..

Southland Red - CM, RC, BL, Hill, TFS, TT
Southland Blue - RS, RE, KK, TW, TR, TFN

This is how it should've mapped out as the best interest for the students as 'balanced" competitively and geographically...politics be damned! These are "natural" rivalries and makes just too much sense on too many levels.

Southland Red - CM, RC, BL, Hill, TFS, TT
Southland Blue - RS, RE, KK, TW, TR, TFN

This is how it should've mapped out as the best interest for the students as 'balanced" competitively and geographically...politics be damned! These are "natural" rivalries and makes just too much sense on too many levels.
Divorcing Hillcrest from its D228 brethren (OF, TP, BR) would be an astounding development contrary to a very long history.

Kamala Buckner used threats and cries of racism to force the Thorns into the new conference.Because her brother was a Basketball star.She was not heard from when schools were met with threats and rocks and bricks at fans and school busses after games at those schools.After the projects got torn down those people got sent to Sica schools and some became dangerous.Richie Rebel & The Confederate flag at TFS are now viewed as racistist.Until this year some former Sica schools which hosted night games sophomore and varsity with little or no trouble hosted Saturday games.Rich Central hosted Varsity only at 6 pm friday nights as did Rich South which then went to Saturday only games.I read a article that they couldn't control the crowds at the games there and fans had rocks and bricks thrown at their cars.That used to be a great place to watch a game.The beautiful light up star on their scoreboard was shot down by a gang of thugs a high up that left there told me.They had to put a prison type fence in to separate home and away.Rival gangs that never were there got into a huge brawl and so when you paid to see a game there you had to pick a side and stay there.They had that dangerous incident during the Big Dipper tournament with guns involved.Also during a award ceremony a student there owed drug money.They sent a gang in there that day to kill the student and were stopped.That is when they put in metal detectors.Hillcrest had someone short a gun in the air after a game with Argo that resulted in multiple city police coming to stop all cars there.It took Argo over a hour to get out of there.Joliet West once safe and beautiful went to day games as did Bloom/Bloom Trail.Sad

All true statements. I went to Rich South when it was a School of Excellence. Now it's nothing more than a school of criminals, wasting taxpayer money. They should shut it down and fumigate the place. The same goes for schools like Rich Central, Hillcrest, Kankakee, Crete-Monee.

Is that any different than in years past? Have they typically played non-conference games?

In regular season schedules for football? Not that I can remember for awhile now...and it does make sense minus the enrollment differences...which I'm sure is one of the bigger hangups

Correct or verify, but here is what I have heard. The 3 Thorns are out of the FB conference as of next season (don't know if they have a league affiliation yet), although they still are sprinkled in the schedules of the remaining SWSC schools. Starting in 2019, the SWSC will have two, 5-member divisions (LWE/ H-F/Brook/Sandburg/Lockport and LWC/LWW/Bradley/Andrew/Stagg). Each team will play 4 division games, 3 cross-overs following 2 non-cons. Supposedly the sticking point is whether the 3 cross-overs will be determined by similar records or random draw. Word is the larger division prefers the latter. Anyone else hear anything like that?

Correct or verify, but here is what I have heard. The 3 Thorns are out of the FB conference as of next season (don't know if they have a league affiliation yet), although they still are sprinkled in the schedules of the remaining SWSC schools. Starting in 2019, the SWSC will have two, 5-member divisions (LWE/ H-F/Brook/Sandburg/Lockport and LWC/LWW/Bradley/Andrew/Stagg). Each team will play 4 division games, 3 cross-overs following 2 non-cons. Supposedly the sticking point is whether the 3 cross-overs will be determined by similar records or random draw. Word is the larger division prefers the latter. Anyone else hear anything like that?
I have heard it, but can't remember where. Generally my info is well sourced, but on this one I really can't remember where I heard it. Hell, may have heard it here lol

But I don't like it. Needs to be: (Blue) LWE, LWC, H-F, Lockport, and Sandburg /(Red) LWW, Stagg, Andrew, Bradley, and 'Brook

Four conference games. No crossovers. Maybe do a thing with the West Suburban Silver vs SWSC Blue and West Suburban Gold vs SWSC Red.

I have heard it, but can't remember where. Generally my info is well sourced, but on this one I really can't remember where I heard it. Hell, may have heard it here lol

But I don't like it. Needs to be: (Blue) LWE, LWC, H-F, Lockport, and Sandburg /(Red) LWW, Stagg, Andrew, Bradley, and 'Brook

Four conference games. No crossovers. Maybe do a thing with the West Suburban Silver vs SWSC Blue and West Suburban Gold vs SWSC Red.

May as well have the Brook apply for acceptance into a Chicago level CPS conference while were at it.

May as well have the Brook apply for acceptance into a Chicago level CPS conference while were at it.
We've never played LWW so thats an unknown. We're 1-1 vs Bradley in recent years. Last time we played Andrew they beat us. And Stagg's arrow is pointing up. Meanwhile we cant compete with LWE, H-F, and LWC.

We've never played LWW so thats an unknown. We're 1-1 vs Bradley in recent years. Last time we played Andrew they beat us. And Stagg's arrow is pointing up. Meanwhile we cant compete with LWE, H-F, and LWC.

Again, nice try bones, no one is buying it.

Well when you explain it like that, maybe the CPS intra city level would be best.

Again, nice try bones, no one is buying it.
Well when you explain it like that, maybe the CPS intra city level would be best.

I wish it wasn't so fellaz. Now we have our our top guys taking off. We don't have MC type depth so that's even more crushing. We really should have missed the playoffs two of the past three years. It's a hard bitter pill to swallow, but I have to acknowledge reality and accept it.

Bones your sandbagging is legendary. But its early even for you isn't it?

Bones your sandbagging is legendary. But its early even for you isn't it?
Hardly. You'll recall in 2015 we somehow managed to upset H-F in week 9 at 4-4 to sneak into the playoffs. Missed the playoffs in 2016. In 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016 points were about impossible to come by. Now, D in 2013 was one of the best I have seen, but other than that it has been a far cry from what we used to field. Sometimes the writing is on the wall. We've seen it before, DGS used to have a stranglehold on the WSC Gold, but now?

I'll be glad to be proven wrong, but it is no longer just an anomaly like I thought 2010 was. I think some less challenging seasons would help to right the ship.

With all due respect to Stagg, "arrow pointing up" is a bit of a stretch, especially real soon. First, they have another brand new head coach which may cause a delay in results. More importantly, however, they lose thousands of yards of offense from the graduation of a 3-year starting QB along with their top RB and WR. Finally, I believe only one of their all-conference players was a junior. Also, ya gotta wonder if LWC will "come back to the pack" any starting next season, mainly due to a few key graduations. I am waiting for some more defenses to catch up with that offense after a couple/three years of facing it.

With all due respect to Stagg, "arrow pointing up" is a bit of a stretch, especially real soon. First, they have another brand new head coach which may cause a delay in results. More importantly, however, they lose thousands of yards of offense from the graduation of a 3-year starting QB along with their top RB and WR. Finally, I believe only one of their all-conference players was a junior. Also, ya gotta wonder if LWC will "come back to the pack" any starting next season, mainly due to a few key graduations. I am waiting for some more defenses to catch up with that offense after a couple/three years of facing it.
The Stagg coaching situation may be a thing, but sometimes you just need the momentum.

As for LWC I think they'll be alright. Just needed to get some of their attitude back.

What if Lockport and Bolingbrook join the SPC that would give SPC 12 to split into divisions. Might help the SWC get to a more manageable number.

What if Lockport and Bolingbrook join the SPC that would give SPC 12 to split into divisions. Might help the SWC get to a more manageable number.
Lockport and Bolingbrook would become the 2 biggest schools in the SPC if that happened each with 1500+ more students than the smallest-enrollment school which is Romeoville.

Lockport and Bolingbrook would become the 2 biggest schools in the SPC if that happened each with 1500+ more students than the smallest-enrollment school which is Romeoville.
Divisions could be enrollment based. Bolingbrook, Lockport , Joliet West, Joliet Central, Oswego and Minooka in one division. (All are 8A schools) Plainfield East, Plainfield North, Plainfield South, Plainfield Central, Oswego East and Romeoville in the other division. Or you could have a promotion/relegation system like the CPS used to do for basketball like European Club Soccer.

Not sure that would happen. Lockport and Bolingbrook have a lot of rivalries in the SWSC.
They could split in to a 5 and 5 conferences like the CCL's

Not sure that would happen. Lockport and Bolingbrook have a lot of rivalries in the SWSC.
They could split in to a 5 and 5 conferences like the CCL's
Right now in the SWSC you have a ridiculous unbalanced schedule because of the number of teams. In the SPC you have the 10 team only conference game schedule. A switch like this would help both conferences IMO. With two divisions of 6 in the SPC you only have 5 conference games. Weeks 1-4 to play those old rivals like H-F, Lincoln-Way, etc. They'd also be joining a conference with old rivals with the Joliet's plus you have district rival Romeoville and Plainfield East which is less than 10 minutes away right down the street. If you struggle scheduling non conference games you always have that other division to get games against if need be. I also thought a DVC joining by Bolingbrook would've solved that too. Again Neuqua Valley is about 10 minutes away. Who knows? Its always risky being the one to do something new.

Last edited:
I just want a conference where we have a chance to go undefeated and be healthy come playoffs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT