ADVERTISEMENT

What Was Nagy Thinking?

I said it before and I’ll post it again for real hard of reading - would be hearing but audio well never mind.

Not a one of us thought this team would be 9-4 and a win away from winning the division this season. None of us.

So now, instead of enjoying what’s happening, several on here are choosing to throw shade on this truly remarkable season.

It’s a shame that you, unlike myself, cannot simply enjoy what’s happening here.

Pace, Nagy and several others have made mistakes on the way to this point. And yet, here we are.

And if you think the ONLY reason why the Bears won Sunday was the cold weather, then you truly are a football wasteland.

Enjoy the ride - been a while since we’ve been here and who knows if we will again. NFL stands for Not For Long.

Last edited:
I said it before and I’ll post it again for rube hard of reading - would be hearing but audio well never mind.

Not a one of us thought this team would be 9-4 and a win away from winning the division this season. None of us.

So now, instead of enjoying what’s happening, several on here are choosing to throw shade on this truly remarkable season.

It’s a shame that you, unlike myself, cannot simply enjoy what’s happening here.

Pace, Nagy and several others have made mistakes on the way to this point. And yet, here we are.

And if you think the ONLY reason why the Bears won Sunday was the cold weather, then you truly are a football wasteland.

Enjoy the ride - been a while since we’ve been here and who knows if we will again. NFL stands for Not For Long.

I know Pace has made some mistakes, but to be quite honest, I have forgotten them to this point. All we need is for Mitch to limit those turnovers and even this year, the Bears could go deep into the playoffs, provided the defense maintains its stature.

Reactions: Gene K. and go dogz
well hold on. how does the weather only affect one qb's throws? if you look at the game, one qb was low on all of his throws and the other was high.
simply put, one thought the ball was a little heavier feeling and was over compensating for and the other was throwing normally and falling short.
but, I do agree with you as far as they should have been running the ball more often especially on the 4. but stupid penalties pushed them back.
but, for any team to beat either the saints or the rams. they need to game plan exactly as the bears did. and ALL NIGHT continue to execute that game plan.
so yes, it was a BEAT DOWN of the number 1 offense in the league.
and it was a continued domination of their defensive line by the bears oline.
the bears controlled both lines of scrimmage ALL NIGHT LONG.

so let me guess. does the weather help gurly's oline block and open holes?
does the weather help rams defensive line make sacks and hurries? how about just make reads, they were simply out of place most of the night, from linemen to linebackers not filling gaps or making the right reads.
does the weather in la change very rapidly?
because in jan it will be 45-55degrees and could drop. so if he is used to playing 70degree temps, he is not going to be very good. the only place its going to be 65-70degs, is the dome.
Relax or you will have the big one by Friday. Geez!

I believe weather did have some effect on Goff's passes because this was only the second game he has played in temps under 32 degrees. I said that before and if you read it we could have saved some time here. I will agree it was a defensive beat down but no one clarified that till you said so. It wasn't an over all beat down. I said that before too.

I didn't mention the weather when it came to blocking...you just threw that in there, to make some point. What that point is, I have no idea.

There is a big difference between 55 degrees and 25 degrees. Hold a football in both temps and you will see. Actually rain could be more of a factor as January is one of the wettest months for LA. It also depends on what time the game is played. If it is played at 3:30 our time it is only 1:30 out there and the temp will most likely be in the mid 60s for the start. Hardly considered "cold," and if the game is played at 1:30 their time it won't even be completely dark when it ends. The temp here could be 10 degrees. Do you think that is an advantage for the Bears??? So do I. Please do some research before you post about LA temps. That weather is nothing like you are used to here.

Relax or you will have the big one by Friday. Geez!

I believe weather did have some effect on Goff's passes because this was only the second game he has played in temps under 32 degrees. I said that before and if you read it we could have saved some time here. I will agree it was a defensive beat down but no one clarified that till you said so. It wasn't an over all beat down. I said that before too.

I didn't mention the weather when it came to blocking...you just threw that in there, to make some point. What that point is, I have no idea.

There is a big difference between 55 degrees and 25 degrees. Hold a football in both temps and you will see. Actually rain could be more of a factor as January is one of the wettest months for LA. It also depends on what time the game is played. If it is played at 3:30 our time it is only 1:30 out there and the temp will most likely be in the mid 60s for the start. Hardly considered "cold," and if the game is played at 1:30 their time it won't even be completely dark when it ends. The temp here could be 10 degrees. Do you think that is an advantage for the Bears??? So do I. Please do some research before you post about LA temps. That weather is nothing like you are used to here.

Your point about the weather probably holds true except, Rams played in Denver October 14. Won 23-20. Game time temp was 28. And it was snowing in the area.

Gurley ran for 200 yards that day. Goff threw for 200 yards.

But I’m sure the weather was the deciding factor Sunday.

Your point about the weather probably holds true except, Rams played in Denver October 14. Won 23-20. Game time temp was 28. And it was snowing in the area.

Gurley ran for 200 yards that day. Goff threw for 200 yards.

But I’m sure the weather was the deciding factor Sunday.
No need to be sarcastic. I said it probably had an effect, not that it was the deciding factor. Of course I already said that and here we are wasting time again as I repeat myself for the umpteenth time. Some of you really need to read and understand a post before responding.

No need to be sarcastic. I said it probably had an effect, not that it was the deciding factor. Of course I already said that and here we are wasting time again as I repeat myself for the umpteenth time. Some of you really need to read and understand a post before responding.

Not being sarcastic just poking holes in your statement. LA was thoroughly dominated at the line of scrimmage and it was just by the Bears defense. The cold weather apparently had an effect on two guys that played their college ball in cold weather in Donald and Suh. Donald had one more tackle than I did and Suh got about as close to Jordan Howard as I did from section 323.

Again, if you cant see what this Bears team is dong now, then you never will. It must absolutely suck to not find any joy in what is happening because this is an absolute blast.

LakeCtyNewt. Agree with everything you said in your post but I related before the season began that the Bears would be 10-6, so the Bears would have to win one more game and lose the last two for that to happen. Now, 11-5 or 12 4 is not out of the realm of possibility.

Defense wins championships or at least that is the way it used to be and honestly I feel that the same applies now. The Bear's defense is now a top 5 defense and if they can get the offense going we may have a lot more football to watch in January.

As far as the weather is concerned with professional football, I don't see that as a factor unless it is raining or very windy. That would hurt the passing and kicking games but the running game except for fumbles would still be a major factor in that case and the Bears are hopefully starting to get the running game going.

The Rams run defense has been the least effective with their defense but the pass defense (even with the 3 picks) didn't look that hot to me. Trubisky missed two wide open receivers on two of those interceptions which if completed would have went for long gains.

Corey, You need to re-read my post and tell me exactly where I said they are mediocre? Maybe you have had too much egg nog. :) Why is it whenever someone tries to be objective with this team you either call them a nut job or not a "true" Bears fan?

I agree this is the best defense the Rams have seen. But what I said really has nothing to do with the defense. The offense is suspect and Trubisky is not a championship QB...yet. That is the truth. In another post I said I didn't think the Bears would beat New Orleans or the Rams on the road in the playoffs and I stand by that. That doesn't make me a crappy Bears fan. If they want to beat either of those teams on the road they will have to score more than 15 points. I hope I am wrong and they do beat either of those teams.

And don't look past the game this Sunday either. Green Bay will bring all they have and it could be very physical.

You need to stop taking this so personal. Trust me, I like the Bears and I am as much a fan of that team as anyone on this board, including you. Have a great day!

I don’t take it personal never have never will. Sorry LTHS if I called you out on a post you didn’t make. Glad your a Bears fan. Jump on board it’s a great ride for fans who didn’t expect it to happen this soon.
Go Bears!
PS: I am not afraid to apologize life’s to short. Hint hint Jwar.;)

Reactions: LTHSALUM76
Not being sarcastic just poking holes in your statement. LA was thoroughly dominated at the line of scrimmage and it was just by the Bears defense. The cold weather apparently had an effect on two guys that played their college ball in cold weather in Donald and Suh. Donald had one more tackle than I did and Suh got about as close to Jordan Howard as I did from section 323.

Again, if you cant see what this Bears team is dong now, then you never will. It must absolutely suck to not find any joy in what is happening because this is an absolute blast.

Is it possible to be mildly critical and still be really happy with this team?

Is it possible to be mildly critical and still be really happy with this team?

Yah I think so. But I find it hard to criticize what has happened this year as a whole. No one thought they’d be here and they are a win away from being in the playoffs.

Reactions: Gene K.
Yah I think so. But I find it hard to criticize what has happened this year as a whole. No one thought they’d be here and they are a win away from being in the playoffs.

Good. I was worried I was suffering from an impossible condition.

They will be in the playoffs for sure. Not sure how far they’ll go but they are already way ahead of schedule.

I don’t take it personal never have never will. Sorry LTHS if I called you out on a post you didn’t make. Glad your a Bears fan. Jump on board it’s a great ride for fans who didn’t expect it to happen this soon.
Go Bears!
PS: I am not afraid to apologize life’s to short. Hint hint Jwar.;)
You are a stand up guy Corey. I like that. It takes a man to apologize and you certainly pass the test...unlike too many here. It's all good...no worries my friend. Life's too short for some of you to worry about your little egos.

You are a reasonable guy, so I will be reasonable. I don't know why you characterize me in this way. I think this season has been a blessing for the Bears and the fans, especially when you consider what is happening with the two other Chicago teams playing now. I see clearly what is going on. It's great.

Last night with glass of Johnnie Walker, Black Label, on the rocks, I thought a little more about the Bears. This kind of...kind of...reminds me of the 1984 season. If you recall, the Bears were breaking out that year and were becoming a real good team.

I was thrilled when they beat Washington in the playoffs that year at RFK, even if Steve Fuller was at QB. But when they got smoked by the 49ers in the Championship game I really wasn't upset because I, like most others, realized San Francisco was a much better team.

From here on out, that is the approach I will take with this team. I will feel disappointed if they lose at home in the first round of the playoffs. But if they get past the first round and lose to NO or LA on the road I will realize those two teams are probably better and more seasoned...right now. So, if that all happens we can look forward to an even better season next year. :)

Thanks for your patience.

You are a reasonable guy, so I will be reasonable. I don't know why you characterize me in this way. I think this season has been a blessing for the Bears and the fans, especially when you consider what is happening with the two other Chicago teams playing now. I see clearly what is going on. It's great.

Last night with glass of Johnnie Walker, Black Label, on the rocks, I thought a little more about the Bears. This kind of...kind of...reminds me of the 1984 season. If you recall, the Bears were breaking out that year and were becoming a real good team.

I was thrilled when they beat Washington in the playoffs that year at RFK, even if Steve Fuller was at QB. But when they got smoked by the 49ers in the Championship game I really wasn't upset because I, like most others, realized San Francisco was a much better team.

From here on out, that is the approach I will take with this team. I will feel disappointed if they lose at home in the first round of the playoffs. But if they get past the first round and lose to NO or LA on the road I will realize those two teams are probably better and more seasoned...right now. So, if that all happens we can look forward to an even better season next year. :)

Thanks for your patience.

I hate sounding sappy but you make total sense and I don’t blame you at all. Great comparison to 1984 team. You ask for patience and I totally get it. I am usually very cautious but this Bears team defense has me convinced they can play with just about any team. The offense has to be more consistent but the D shows up every game.

You are a stand up guy Corey. I like that. It takes a man to apologize and you certainly pass the test...unlike too many here. It's all good...no worries my friend. Life's too short for some of you to worry about your little egos.

Glad you see it like I do. Again sorry I meant to reply to Privateone.

Reactions: LTHSALUM76
I hate sounding sappy but you make total sense and I don’t blame you at all. Great comparison to 1984 team. You ask for patience and I totally get it. I am usually very cautious but this Bears team defense has me convinced they can play with just about any team. The offense has to be more consistent but the D shows up every game.
Stopping an offense like the Rams was impressive. Even the way they came back against the Giants was impressive even though they lost. It's hard to be overly critical and they could easily have 2-3 more wins.

Stopping an offense like the Rams was impressive. Even the way they came back against the Giants was impressive even though they lost. It's hard to be overly critical and they could easily have 2-3 more wins.

Bones
We are usually on the same page and again we agree. I wish others understood you like I do.
Keep up the good fight my friend.
Go Raiders!
Go East!

Reactions: Cross Bones

Green Bay, Miami, Giants could definitely have been wins. A case could be made that they could have beaten the Pats too. In other words, there have been no convincing losses this season where it was clear they were outclassed and outplayed.

I'll ask it again. What were you thinking, Nitwit Nagy? Punt that damn ball there or go for it with your offense. Way to let your rival in the game and now MT looks like MT.

I'll ask it again. What were you thinking, Nitwit Nagy? Punt that damn ball there or go for it with your offense. Way to let your rival in the game and now MT looks like MT.

Yeah that was bone head. I like Nagy being aggressive but I was shaking my head with that call.
Go Bears!

Agree but we need others to step up on offense.
The Bears need to move the ball and points on the Board. Need to give the defense a blow.

Needed that TD. A FG would have been a letdown.

Mitch 19 of 27 for 230 yards. 2 TDS and 0 INT.

Yeah that was bone head. I like Nagy being aggressive but I was shaking my head with that call.
Go Bears!

I agree with liking Nagy being aggressive, but do it with your offense on the field, not punt formation and everyone in the whole stadium thinking a fake punt was coming.

You think Nagy was somewhat conservative today with play calling? I thought he was, but I understand with keeping AR off the field.

Last edited:
I agree with liking Nagy being aggressive, but do it with your offense on the field, not punt formation and everyone in the whole stadium thinking a fake punt was coming. You think Nagy was somewhat conservative today with play-calling?

A little conservative with the offensive play calls. Except with the dumb fake punt call.

Very valid point. When I said MT being MT, it's both the good and the bad. LOL. He had two horrible throws, but then on 3rd down, he ran for a first down. Then came through with some nice passes.

This game was closer than it should have been because of some questionable play calls for sure. Mitch did exactly what we needed for him to do.

NFC NORTH CHAMPS.

PACKERS ELIMINATED FROM PLAYOFFS.

A VERY GOOD DAY!!!

Cohen long-riding the mesh on read option from the "wildcat" is unnecessary. Many other ways to get him involved beyond ball-handling on something so sensitive.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT