ADVERTISEMENT

What Was Nagy Thinking?

Wittymoniker1

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2007
La Grange Park, IL
Can someone explain to me why Nagy called a timeout with 17 seconds left? If he wanted the ball again, he should have called his timeout after the first sack of Manning with over a minute to play.

Why does Tarik Cohen always run out of bounds when he could pick up a few more yards. Did this during an earlier series and Bears failed to convert the 3rd down. If Cohen gets those few extra yards, the drive does not stall.

Chase is who we thought he was? Chase Tribusky with these turnovers and not handling snaps.

The defense is outstanding.

Can someone explain to me why Nagy called a timeout with 17 seconds left? If he wanted the ball again, he should have called his timeout after the first sack of Manning with over a minute to play.

Why does Tarik Cohen always run out of bounds when he could pick up a few more yards. Did this during an earlier series and Bears failed to convert the 3rd down. If Cohen gets those few extra yards, the drive does not stall.

Chase is who we thought he was? Chase Tribusky with these turnovers and not handling snaps.

The defense is outstanding.
Does anyone think Chase is anything more than a game manager? Credit the Giants defense on making 2 outstanding plays on those picks. Bears are doing a tremendous job on Barkley.

No this game is getting out of hand and the rams are coming to town. Daniel is a game manager who is not managing the game.

Reactions: privatone
Bears just don’t look right today. Maybe they expected to walk all over the Giants.

Agree but Chase Daniel is what he is, a true back up. We need Triubsky back next week.
Cohen is awesome. D-seemed off today a bit.

Chase actually made some good throws here and there but other times he looked like a bumbling stooge.

They did seem a bit off today on both sides of the ball.

Last edited:
Those couple over the shoulder passes to Cohen were nice but the fumbles just looked awful, plain awful.

Reactions: LTHSALUM76
Chase Daniels looked like a sitting duck in the pocket. How many times was he sacked? His lack of mobility was evident. Trubisky has ability to turncoverage sacks into thrilling runs and first downs. We missed that on Sunday.

Reactions: markmacaluso
Throw the Sunday paper at the wall
Hilarious!! I still wish I could have witnessed that. You are a good sport and it's always a laugh to make fun of ourselves...even if it isn't funny at the time. Merry Christmas.

In a 16 game season you get a clunker. Let’s hope this was it. Huge game next week.
I agree with you. But we had one clunker in Miami too. Anyway, you really don't want to be having clunkers at on Thanksgiving and after that.

So many things to talk about with this game. Why in the world so some football coaches come up with a good offensive game plan that works in the first half, only to totally abandon it in the second half? Exactly what happened yesterday. Did Howard say something insulting about Nagy's wife at halftime in the locker room? You would think so. The guy runs his ass off in the 1st half then get two carries in the 2nd half. WTF!!

I personally think Nagy panicked when the Giants were outplaying the Bears in the 2nd half. How many 2nd half passes were thrown? Thirty-three? Ridiculous when you were running the ball with success.

AND, we found out why guys like Chase Daniel is a career back up QB.

I agree with you. But we had one clunker in Miami too. Anyway, you really don't want to be having clunkers at on Thanksgiving and after that.

So many things to talk about with this game. Why in the world so some football coaches come up with a good offensive game plan that works in the first half, only to totally abandon it in the second half? Exactly what happened yesterday. Did Howard say something insulting about Nagy's wife at halftime in the locker room? You would think so. The guy runs his ass off in the 1st half then get two carries in the 2nd half. WTF!!

I personally think Nagy panicked when the Giants were outplaying the Bears in the 2nd half. How many 2nd half passes were thrown? Thirty-three? Ridiculous when you were running the ball with success.

AND, we found out why guys like Chase Daniel is a career back up QB.

At the end of the day, this is a team that is far, far ahead of where we all thought they would be. With that being said, yesterday sucked. All the way around. Had Trubisky played they probably win that that game going away.

Defense struggled at times and was good at others. My point is, this is a team learning how to go through the paces. From coaching on down. I expect growing pains like this. But I would rather be a Bears fan today than a Packers fan.

The Bears are a mediocre team, benefiting from an easy schedule and an awful division. They haven't beaten anyone with a winning record, and they've lost to teams that are 4-8, 4-7-1 and 6-6. Everyone pines for them to make the playoffs, which they might do. But if and when they do, they will not make it past the first round. True, no one expected this record, so enjoy it, but this team is nothing to get excited about for this year. If they continue to build, yes, they future looks brighter than it has in recent memory.

Reactions: SSafety1
The Bears are a mediocre team, benefiting from an easy schedule and an awful division. They haven't beaten anyone with a winning record, and they've lost to teams that are 4-8, 4-7-1 and 6-6. Everyone pines for them to make the playoffs, which they might do. But if and when they do, they will not make it past the first round. True, no one expected this record, so enjoy it, but this team is nothing to get excited about for this year. If they continue to build, yes, they future looks brighter than it has in recent memory.

Minnesota had a winning record but I digress.

If you can’t see this as a team building and getting better then there is no pleasing you as a Bears fan.

With all the years of horrible play and misery, it’s nice to see a team that is relevant. Clearly you don’t see what most around the league and in the fan base does. They aren’t elite and anyone that claims they are is way to far ahead. But they clearly can compete with the big boys and have shown that in a week in week out basis.

Reactions: CGsupporter
At the end of the day, this is a team that is far, far ahead of where we all thought they would be. With that being said, yesterday sucked. All the way around. Had Trubisky played they probably win that that game going away.

Defense struggled at times and was good at others. My point is, this is a team learning how to go through the paces. From coaching on down. I expect growing pains like this. But I would rather be a Bears fan today than a Packers fan.
Somewhere in these threads I wrote the Bears would win 9 or 10 games. I stand by that. The Rams will simply be too much this Sunday and I don't think they will beat the Vikings in Minnesota. That gives them 10 wins, if they beat Green Bay here and the 49ers in San Francisco. Will it be enough to win the division? It all depends on how the Vikings do out in Seattle. Other than that game and the Bears, Minnesota's schedule is easy.

I understand what you are saying. But the 4-8 Giants are 3-1 since firing their HC and GM. They are definitely on the upswing, even if it is too late for them. I think if the Bears win the division this year, it is cause for at least a little excitement. No one I know predicted a division title, even if it only takes 10 wins to do it.

They are not one of the elite teams yet. Most guys here are grounded when it comes to that thought. It's some of the ridiculous Chicago sportswriters who get that way.

What everyone missed out on was Green Bay doing so poorly. But, it goes to show you how so much can change in the NFL in just a single year.

As for their schedule, I looked at it in the beginning of the year, like everyone else. I thought, at the time, it looked pretty tough. At the end of last year the 49ers looked like a team that was going to break out this year. But, injuries took care of that. Seattle is a better team now than they were when the Bears played them. The Bucs were 3-0 when they came to Chicago. And the Dolphins were 3-2 before the beat the Bears.

So, all in all, at the beginning, I saw 9 tough games facing them. Maybe they all didn't pan out that way.

Watched the replay several times and Cohen was not down when the referee blew the whistle. Not even close. Should have been a TD. Don't know if it would have affected the final outcome but IMO that should never happened in a professional game.

Reactions: MC63
im okay with the clunker, I think the fact that they came back to tie it shows what you want to see. I'm not sure the QB position is solved even with Mitch. Not sure what picks we have left thanks to Ryan Gar/Pace, but I'd still be entertaining a QB pick.

Your a nut case and just can’t be a true Bears fan. They are not mediocre, they will make the playoffs. I wouldn’t be surprised if they win Sunday. This will be the best defense the Rams have faced. A true Bears fan would understand that they were not even expected to be where they are this year.
Mediocre my a#s.

Never a good day to be a Packers’ fan...NEVER!!!!

Your a nut case and just can’t be a true Bears fan. They are not mediocre, they will make the playoffs. I wouldn’t be surprised if they win Sunday. This will be the best defense the Rams have faced. A true Bears fan would understand that they were not even expected to be where they are this year.
Mediocre my a#s.
In order to be a “true fan”, I have to not look at things objectively? I want the Bears to win every game, but I don’t want to invest my Sunday in the Bears and see a suckfest like the one that happened Sunday.

In order to be a “true fan”, I have to not look at things objectively? I want the Bears to win every game, but I don’t want to invest my Sunday in the Bears and see a suckfest like the one that happened Sunday.

It must suck to be this miserable as a Bears fan.

Well Corey, I will be surprised if they win Sunday. That is why I am picking the Rams on my card this week. The thought crossed my mind to pick the Giants Sunday, but I said "Nah!." Sometimes that first instinct....

The division title looks good right now. I am picking the Seahawks to beat the Vikings in Seattle next Monday night. But, if the Bears lose to the Rams this Sunday and the Vikings beat the Seahawks, I think the Vikings will end up winning the division.

If those two things happen Sunday, remember what I said.

It must suck to be this miserable as a Bears fan.
Newt, I understand his point. Sure, people are pretty happy now. But, the Bears have to finish and at least win the division. We can't have the usual December hibernation filled with the losses we have become used to. They got this far, now it is time to get it done. I have always said there has to be a good reason they went out and spent the money they did on Mack. They must feel they can do some winning now and build for 2019. Let's hope that happens.

ADVERTISEMENT