ADVERTISEMENT

Grand Rapids Central Catholic

After dropping their opening game to Loyola by a score of 45-7, GRCC went on to run the table and win the MHSAA Division 5 state title. That means that Loyola beat two state champs this year. :)
After watching Loyola on the heels of watching 5A thru 8A, they definitely looked “different”. And I mean that in the best possible way.

Reactions: Checkdowncharlie
In 2019, the Dons went up to Grand Rapids and beat GRCC 21-14. That GRCC team also went on to run the table and win state. They must have a high level of respect for Catholic League football in Illinois. That ND team lost in the 2nd round of the 8A playoffs by 10 to LWE (which was LWE's closest game by MOV during its 14-0 season). That was a solid ND team. Sorry to hijack and digress!

Not to rain on anyone’s parade (I’m an LA alum and fan after all) but looking around the MHSAA website it appears that GRCC is only in the 5th largest class of 8 classes in MI. It also appears there are no multipliers, I.e., it’s competing against publics of similar enrollment.

(Disclaimer - It’s entirely possible I got this entirely wrong as I just did a cursory look through the MHSAA site. Still, the game itself wasn’t a fair fight.)

Not to rain on anyone’s parade (I’m an LA alum and fan after all) but looking around the MHSAA website it appears that GRCC is only in the 5th largest class of 8 classes in MI. It also appears there are no multipliers, I.e., it’s competing against publics of similar enrollment.

(Disclaimer - It’s entirely possible I got this entirely wrong as I just did a cursory look through the MHSAA site. Still, the game itself wasn’t a fair fight.)
So it's the equivalent of beating Naz.

After dropping their opening game to Loyola by a score of 45-7, GRCC went on to run the table and win the MHSAA Division 5 state title. That means that Loyola beat two state champs this year. :)

Thor is going to move Loyola to MI for that.

Has IL teams played any great top enrollment teams from MI?

My cousin has seen football from both states and says MI is better overall.

Has IL teams played any great top enrollment teams from MI?

My cousin has seen football from both states and says MI is better overall.
They have fallen but back in the day Birmingham Brother Rice played St.Laurence,Brother Rice,St.Rita,etc Our Lady Of The Lakes played teams such as Luther South

Stevenson played at Muskegon in 2016 beating them 38-35. Aidan O’Connell - now w/ the Raiders, threw for like 400 yards.
Awesome high school football environment @ Muskegon High School.
Muskegon throttled Stevenson in Lincolnshire in 2017. That Muskegon team won the state championship.

Reactions: Snetsrak61
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT