ADVERTISEMENT

What did we learn week 3!?!?!?!

Jury still out IMO.. the three teams they've played have a combined 1 victory.. LZ over Waukegan (not too hard). LZ is a name, but they look to be in a down year. They have Libertyville and Lake Forest next two weeks and legitimately could be 1-4 soon. Buffalo Grove is in rebuild mode starting basically all juniors, and Highland Park is, well, Highland Park. They have Hoff Estates, Barrington and Palatine in a row, which will really prove their mettle.
Having watched their games, I believe the offense is legit. Defense seems like it is questionable though.

You’re not on topic bud.

Not talking about who is a better team.
The topic is tougher schedule.
Then do tell us the last time the ramblers scheduled anyone from the top 25 not named East St. Louis. Top 25 in the country, not Illinois. Please tell us the last time Saint Rita scheduled anyone from the top 50 not from Illinois. Please tell us the last time anyone from Rice scheduled anyone from the top hundred not from Illinois. at least Mount Carmel is stepping outside of the box.

I gave two examples in which East St. Louis went to the super team of Mount Carmel and gave them their closest game of the year. Mount Carmel went on to lose to Hun this year, a squad East St. Louis is predicted to beat. Why is IMG not visiting a CCL school with the opportunity of maybe playing in one of your fantastic locations up north? I suspect the answer is because they don’t respect a CCL school’s ability to stay close. Lest you forget, the best quarterback in the last 10 years to come out of the CCL escaped Illinois for IMG so as not to damage his chances at Michigan, and as a potential first rounder. The CCL has created an almost closed environment which reeks of inbreeding of competition. Yes I said it. Schedule outside of the norm with nationally elite programs. ESL is doing exactly that. Mount Carmel is Bucky in the trend and making the move as well. The rest of the CCL not so much.

Reactions: McEvergreen
Then do tell us the last time the ramblers scheduled anyone from the top 25 not named East St. Louis. Top 25 in the country, not Illinois. Please tell us the last time Saint Rita scheduled anyone from the top 50 not from Illinois. Please tell us the last time anyone from Rice scheduled anyone from the top hundred not from Illinois. at least Mount Carmel is stepping outside of the box.

I gave two examples in which East St. Louis went to the super team of Mount Carmel and gave them their closest game of the year. Mount Carmel went on to lose to Hun this year, a squad East St. Louis is predicted to beat. Why is IMG not visiting a CCL school with the opportunity of maybe playing in one of your fantastic locations up north? I suspect the answer is because they don’t respect a CCL school’s ability to stay close. Lest you forget, the best quarterback in the last 10 years to come out of the CCL escaped Illinois for IMG so as not to damage his chances at Michigan, and as a potential first rounder. The CCL has created an almost closed environment which reeks of inbreeding of competition. Yes I said it. Schedule outside of the norm with nationally elite programs. ESL is doing exactly that. Mount Carmel is Bucky in the trend and making the move as well. The rest of the CCL not so much.
All while competing in the rugged 6A level of the IHSA.

Couldn't agree more. Why doesn't anyone schedule MO CBC or Rockhurst ... besides ESL? They are always looking for out of state opponents.

Reactions: cigaros

Maybe some Naz ppl can chime in but I thought JJ left for IMG because Illinois was cancelling football that season due to covid?

As opposed to playing in 8a, going 9-0 or 8-1 then getting boatraced in the playoffs at home? There's alot of programs who can take shots at ESL and have the resumes to back it up, but SE aint one of them.

Since you seem to want to take shots at the level of competition ESL plays, the past two years SE has had to common SWC with ESL. At home vs Belleville East and Edwardsville. You guys won 28-20 and 24-13 respectively. ESL won those game 58-0 and 57-0.

The argument is strength of schedule. Simply look below and tell me ESL schedule is tougher.
Reminding you, the comment made initially was that ESL plays the toughest schedule in the state. I disagree.

ESL hasn't lost a conference game since 2015. Their conference simply isn't close to the CCL Blue.

also, JJ went to IMG because Naz wasn't going to have a season.

ESL Schedule
Chicago (Mt. Carmel)
Baltimore (St. Frances Academy), MD
Humble (Atascocita), TX
Belleville (East)
O'Fallon (H.S.)
Belleville (West)
Alton (Sr.)
Edwardsville (H.S.)
Forfeit
Lemont (H.S.)
Normal (community West)
Kankakee (Sr.)
Washington
Cary (Grove)

MC Schedule
East St. Louis (Sr.)
Chicago (Morgan Park)
Niles (Notre Dame)
Chicago (St. Rita)
Mundelein (Carmel)
Chicago (Brother Rice)
Oak Park (Fenwick)
New Lenox (Providence Catholic)
Wilmette (Loyola Academy)
Chicago (St. Rita)
Mt. Prospect (Prospect)
Quincy (Sr.)
Batavia
Downers Grove (North)

Last edited:
The argument is strength of schedule. Simply look below and tell me ESL schedule is tougher.
Reminding you, the comment made initially was that ESL plays the toughest schedule in the state. I disagree.

ESL hasn't lost a conference game since 2015. Their conference simply isn't close to the CCL Blue.

ESL Schedule
Chicago (Mt. Carmel)
Humble (Atascocita), TX
Belleville (East)
O'Fallon (H.S.)
Belleville (West)
Alton (Sr.)
Edwardsville (H.S.)
Forfeit
Lemont (H.S.)
Normal (community West)
Kankakee (Sr.)
Washington
Cary (Grove)

MC Schedule
East St. Louis (Sr.)
Chicago (Morgan Park)
Niles (Notre Dame)
Chicago (St. Rita)
Mundelein (Carmel)
Chicago (Brother Rice)
Oak Park (Fenwick)
Chicago (St. Rita)
Mt. Prospect (Prospect)
Quincy (Sr.)
Batavia
Downers Grove (North)
MC and LA routinely run through the CCL yet, their fans swear its competitive. When was the last time Rita, BR, PC or any other team won the Blue besides MC or LA. It is pure nonsense. The CCL is only GREAT to the members of the conference. Most people in other conferences simply don't feel like going back and forth so they keep quiet and let you believe that the conference itself is so tough. The CCL is top heavy just like any other conference in the state.

ESL Schedule
Chicago (Mt. Carmel)
Humble (Atascocita), TX
Belleville (East)
O'Fallon (H.S.)
Belleville (West)
Alton (Sr.)
Edwardsville (H.S.)
Forfeit
Lemont (H.S.)
Normal (community West)
Kankakee (Sr.)
Washington
Cary (Grove)

MC Schedule
East St. Louis (Sr.)
Chicago (Morgan Park)
Niles (Notre Dame)
Chicago (St. Rita)
Mundelein (Carmel)
Chicago (Brother Rice)
Oak Park (Fenwick)
Chicago (St. Rita)
Mt. Prospect (Prospect)
Quincy (Sr.)
Batavia
Downers Grove (North)
Batavia was the toughest team for MC in the playoffs. I think if CG, Kankakee and possibly Lemont play that playoff schedule MC had they all get to the championship game. Batavia would be the only one that give them a game.

Maybe some Naz ppl can chime in but I thought JJ left for IMG because Illinois was cancelling football that season due to covid?
In the article I posted, that was one of the reasons. However, staying sharp and upping the game for the kid was most important. I was literally quoting an article from your local paper.

ESL Schedule
Chicago (Mt. Carmel)
Humble (Atascocita), TX
Belleville (East)
O'Fallon (H.S.)
Belleville (West)
Alton (Sr.)
Edwardsville (H.S.)
Forfeit
Lemont (H.S.)
Normal (community West)
Kankakee (Sr.)
Washington
Cary (Grove)

MC Schedule
East St. Louis (Sr.)
Chicago (Morgan Park)
Niles (Notre Dame)
Chicago (St. Rita)
Mundelein (Carmel)
Chicago (Brother Rice)
Oak Park (Fenwick)
Chicago (St. Rita)
Mt. Prospect (Prospect)
Quincy (Sr.)
Batavia
Downers Grove (North)
That’s good. I used Mount Carmel as the example of how to do it as well. Now show me the rest of the CCL doing it. And don’t tell me you’re gonna send Loyola up to Grand Rapids to play Catholic Central again. That was a joke of a game. I’m talking top 25 top 50 or top 100 in the nation. And then let’s see the rest of the CCL do that as well. It’s time to put the inbreeding type of scheduling away. That is, if the CCL is really all that. I see teams from Michigan doing it consistently. Some of my family in Texas have kids in programs doing this as well. Meanwhile, every year, the flyers are traveling somewhere out of state to play a top 25 program. Sometimes they lose badly. And sometimes they do quite well. Why isn’t the CCL doing the same?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT