ADVERTISEMENT

What did we learn week 1!?!?

LakeCtyNewt

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2002
Good morning. A spicy week 1.

Welcome back to all so let’s get started.

1 - That the MSL East will win a game or two just not week 1 - 0-6.
2 - That the table for Fremd to return to the playoffs is set.
3 - That the best team in the state through week 1 is LWE
4 - That is never thought I would see MC and Loyola lose in the same week.
5 - That we have a week where Maine East has more wins than Maine South.
6 - That, for the most part, defenses were not studly in week 1.
7 - That Morrison got its “welcome to the best small school conference in the state” hallmark card.
8 - That SHG got shut out. That, uh, don’t know if we needed to learn that.
9 - That Oswego is going to be a thing or Neuqua won’t be - disucss
10 - That Naz almost did early 2023 Naz things then realized they are Naz and did 2024 post season Naz things.

Thems my thoughts. Yours are welcomed.

I learned after seeing they lost to Argo 45-0 in a running clock game that De La Salle is down to 18 Varsity players and had a mass exodus of players when Marty Quinn and Chris Goffer left. Did Harold Blackmon inherit a lemon in his return to the CCL? Can DLS fix a ship that was barely keeping afloat to begin with? New President Mike Zunica has an enormous project on his hands.

Wheaton Warrenville South is going to be really strong this season! Experienced offense, young but quick and aggressive defense. Look out!

Warren has more balance. QB, TE & WR's that are a threat. But for Warren it always starts with a physical run & defense game. Do not sleep on Warren. On to Maine South. 🎢💪🏾

I learned after seeing they lost to Argo 45-0 in a running clock game that De La Salle is down to 18 Varsity players and had a mass exodus of players when Marty Quinn and Chris Goffer left. Did Harold Blackmon inherit a lemon in his return to the CCL? Can DLS fix a ship that was barely keeping afloat to begin with? New President Mike Zunica has an enormous project on his hands.
Argo has some talent but 45-0 shocked me. I have to thread lightly & it actually was no fault of mine. Edgy flushed a thread involving Harold. He was always nice to me but when I mentioned this it got ugly & Harold got attacked over things at St. Laurence & at Oak Lawn more so so not sure the story on Harold

I'd hang my hat on a neutral site beat down of the top-ranked, two-time defending 8A champs over a home victory of a top-20 team.
Ill give him the benefit of the doubt...the thread is "what did we learn"...maybe he already knew esl would beat LA by 4 scores yesterday. Hed be a smarter guy than most ppl on here if so

Easy on Newt! This thread is legendary and just his opinion.
Also us Eastside fans knew we were going to roll Hollywood!! 😂

Reactions: CGsupporter
Really Newt??? LWE didn't look nowhere near as dominant as ESL and the Flyers played a stronger opponent 🔶🔷🔶🔷
This is an opinion piece. Which is why I welcome comments from everyone. That’s my opinion. If you disagree? Cool, disagree. The point again is to post my opinions off of what occurred this weekend.

ESL’s win was very impressive. I still think LWE is better.

Easy on Newt! This thread is legendary and just his opinion.
Also us Eastside fans knew we were going to roll Hollywood!! 😂
MS4EVER
Did you miss the big time slap on Maine South in that post. Wow
To be fair LWE looked pretty darn dominant against a really top program. Is LWE better than ESL? Well that’s debatable. We actually will never know since they won’t play. I was very impressed by both teams and they both walked away with a W!

Reactions: CGsupporter
MS4EVER
To be fair LWE looked pretty darn dominant against a really top program. Is LWE better than ESL? Well that’s debatable. We actually will never know since they won’t play. I was very impressed by both teams and they both walked away with a W!
We deserve it! Flyer dominated the 2 time defending 8A champ! As impressive as LWE was (very) I’d give Eastside the edge right now.

MS4EVER
Theres always next year. Mc last year, loyola this year, lwe next year. It would only make sense right?

Reactions: MMA_Det
LWE always shits the bed vs Loyola so I’m putting that ESL win above the Lincoln Way East win & I’m the biggest fan & supporter of old Sica & Illini 8 teams ever
Lol
Hard to argue with you since LA has beat the Griffins the past 2 years but East has beat them before so there’s that. I agree that the ESL/LA was a bigger game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT