ADVERTISEMENT

What is the Game of the Year going to be?

colin2229

Jul 23, 2005
Last few years its felt like Mt Carmel/Loyola has been the most anticipated game of the year. With Loyola with two losses thus far appears that’s not going to be it this year.

So what do we think the most anticipated game this year is after three weeks?

Batavia vs Geneva is what I’m leaning towards right now .

Sandburg at LWW next week is pretty massive for both teams. Likely the last tough game for Sandburg who could end up 8-1. For LWW, it starts a tough stretch with both napers, lockport, and Bradley left. Could be a huge game m

Sandburg at LWW next week is pretty massive for both teams. Likely the last tough game for Sandburg who could end up 8-1. For LWW, it starts a tough stretch with both napers, lockport, and Bradley left. Could be a huge game m
Naperville Central could put a 2nd L on Sandburg, assuming they get by West? The latter is basically untested, though. Any word on the Sandburg/HF game from last night to help gauge both teams after 3 games?

Naperville Central could put a 2nd L on Sandburg, assuming they get by West? The latter is basically untested, though. Any word on the Sandburg/HF game from last night to help gauge both teams after 3 games?
C'mon, now ... no old geezers out at this game reliving this classic matchup from the old days of the SWSC from the 1960s with CS, HF, LW, RE, OL, RV, EP, BR? This geezer (me) was at another game.

Reactions: Cross Bones
Sandburg beat HF by about 30.

I know y'all don't pay us small school folk much attention...

but if the records play out... I always enjoy the thriller in week 9 when ALAH and Sullivan meet for the Lincoln Prairie Conference title. Hopefully they both go 8-0 thru W8 and we get another installment this season!

Reactions: colin2229
Libertyville at Lake Forest in week eight should determine the North Suburban Conference championship; and the winner will also likely be a 6A semifinalist.

Reactions: whitesox05
Batavia is 5min from my house and they provide an outstanding game day atmosphere/experience.

Would like to see the atmosphere when the Caravan come to town.
They came to Batavia in round 1 in 2014 and won. That was one of those 5-4 MC teams that got hot late in the year and was a tough draw for a 8-1 Batavia team. Both were coming off State Championships.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT