ADVERTISEMENT

What conference gets exposed this weekend?

CCL not impressive for the most part but CPS impressed me.Hats off
CCL BLUE 4-0 (LA, MC, SR, PC Ws)

CCL GREEN 1-3 (Marmion W)

CCL WHITE 1-2 (St. Laurence W)

CCL RED 1-0 (Hope W)

Just to be clear:)

Fox Valley......Huntley, Jacobs and Crystal Lake Central (beat by PR) all get knocked out in the first round. Now the Fox Valley plays each other again next week with Cary-Grove/PR matchup.
How does the FVC get exposed? Of the 5 teams you mentioned 2 were ranked. I would say the first round results are par for the course.

I believe that a lot of people thought that Huntley (FVC) was primed to make a nice run in the playoffs after surprising a lot of the Big Boys last year. Edwardsville had to drive 300 miles and then play a game in frigid temps against a red hot 8-1 Huntley team.

I believe that a lot of people thought that Huntley (FVC) was primed to make a nice run in the playoffs after surprising a lot of the Big Boys last year. Edwardsville had to drive 300 miles and then play a game in frigid temps against a red hot 8-1 Huntley team.
They played 1 8A team in the regular season and feasted on schools half their size. They were posed for nothing in the 8A playoffs.

Does the CCL Green (1-3...with a probable Marmion loss to SHG in round 2) qualify for dumpster fire status?

Reactions: Gene K.
Actually if PR and Cary Grove High School's combined, their enrollment would still be smaller than Huntley High School.

Reactions: greatgig13
Whoops! I counted benet's win and ND's loss in my calculation. Too many beverages today. I was thinking catholic schools. I bit hyper-reactive on my part.

They don’t belong in the FVC. A school with 3,000 kids playing an average conference enrollment of 1,600.

I tend to agree. The only teams in that conference that can hang with them are CG and PR. I think it helps PR/CG to prepare for deep runs in the playoffs but it hurts Huntley when they get to playoffs. Maybe stop scheduling Upstate teams as non conference foes for starters!! :) Most of the Upstate 8A teams were 1 and done in the playoffs as well.

Reactions: greatgig13
I tend to agree. The only teams in that conference that can hang with them are CG and PR. I think it helps PR/CG to prepare for deep runs in the playoffs but it hurts Huntley when they get to playoffs. Maybe stop scheduling Upstate teams as non conference foes for starters!! :) Most of the Upstate 8A teams were 1 and done in the playoffs as well.
It’s like Cosmo Kramer dominating the dojo of 6 year old kids.

What highly respected conference has a poor showing in round one?

DVC?
CCL Blue?
SWS?
WSC-SIlver?

Other?
DVC 2-3 (8A 1-2) (7A 1-1)
CCL Blue 4-0 (8A 2-0) (7A 1-0) (6A 1-0)
SWS 4-2 (8A 2-1) (7A 2-1)
WSC Silver 3-2 (8A 2-2) (6A 1-0)

SWS could have both an 8A and 7A champ...from the same town. I don't see CCL Blue having continued success. WSC Silver GW will be exposed in round 3 and HC has gone as far as they will. Willowbrook is a great 6A team in arguably the toughest bracket in all of the playoffs. They aren't beating PR (and DeKalb is no joke). The DVC has been way overvalued all season and will have its last two teams eliminated this weekend (Wheaton N might surprise as they are one of the better coached teams around).

#1 SWS...#2 CCL Blue (SWS 4 remaining are better)...#3 WSC Silver...#4 DVC

Can someone please put in some of the other conferences?

Reactions: EdgyTim
D

Mid Suburban wound up 5-2 for the weekend. Knew they'd lose at least 1 since Hersey & Rolling Meadows were playing each other:

8A 2-0 (Barrington , Palatine )
7A 2-2 (Hersey , Buffalo Grove )
6A 1-0 (Hoffman Estates )

Mid Suburban wound up 5-2 for the weekend. Knew they'd lose at least 1 since Hersey & Rolling Meadows were playing each other:

8A 2-0 (Barrington , Palatine )
7A 2-2 (Hersey , Buffalo Grove )
6A 1-0 (Hoffman Estates )

I'll give them #2...tied with Blue

SWS could have both an 8A and 7A champ...from the same town. I don't see CCL Blue having continued success. WSC Silver GW will be exposed in round 3 and HC has gone as far as they will. Willowbrook is a great 6A team in arguably the toughest bracket in all of the playoffs. They aren't beating PR (and DeKalb is no joke). The DVC has been way overvalued all season and will have its last two teams eliminated this weekend (Wheaton N might surprise as they are one of the better coached teams around).

West Suburban Silver went 2-2 in 8A and 0-1 in 7A so far. They have no 6A teams. Downers Grove North is the only non 8A team in the conference this year.

West Suburban Silver went 2-2 in 8A and 0-1 in 7A so far. They have no 6A teams. Downers Grove North is the only non 8A team in the conference this year.
I stand corrected...i always think Willowbrook is Silver and DGN is Gold...thanks...looks like Silver and DVC aren't too far apart.

CCL BLUE 8A 1-0, 7A 2-0, 6A 1-0
Good post and thanks for putting it together. Just pointing out only 1 8A team (LA) and 2 7A teams (SR, MC)

CCL BLUE 8A 1-0, 7A 2-0, 6A 1-0
Good post and thanks for putting it together. Just pointing out only 1 8A team (LA) and 2 7A teams (SR, MC)
Thanks...i tried to do it feom my phone with a weak memory...probably from bad helmets...lol.

does anyone know if WSC Silver is all 8A? Is there another Conference that's All 8A?

Reactions: RockSoup
I don't get it. One minute you're bashing CPS football and then you make a completely contradictory post the next. Are you at the VFW with Angry Dave chugging highballs?
Some schools hung in there so I had a change of heart.I can’t always be negative on CPS.I expected 10-2 not 7-5 from CCL

I’d love to be at the VFW.I love the vets & can’t thank them enough for all they’ve done.

I think the West Suburban Gold produced a huge statement victory or my 6A bracket finalist. WB going to be a very tough out. Jessen crossed 2 bills this weekend.

NSC went 3-2. Wins on the road by Warren and Lake Forest and LZ won easily.

Stevenson and Libertyville lost to HC and ESL. Not a bad weekend for the conference.

The DVC was not overvalued. Playing in a tough conference gives you more losses then playing in a conference with 4 easy games. More losses means tough early playoff draws. GBN and LP were four loss teams that got top ten teams to play. NN got a team ranked higher then them that plays in a closed conference and thus probably should have been ranked much higher. Losing to higher ranked team isn’t overvalued. It is just tough playoff draws. Lyons and Huntley were disappointing because of who they lost to. The DVC teams that had lower ranked opponents won.

What highly respected conference has a poor showing in round one?

DVC?
CCL Blue?
SWS?
WSC-SIlver?

Other?
WSC Silver GW will be exposed in round 3 and HC has gone as far as they will.

Not to be overly sensitive but would like to understand what team wouldn’t be “exposed” in Frankfort? There might be 3 teams in IL that could legitimately challenge LWE there. Da Brook always seems to rise to the LWE challenge down there but pretty sure they paste just about everyone else.

I do think WSS took a big hit with the LT and OPRF no shows. Speaking of, where is Guido to champion his position that OPRF deserved no love. He really had that one pegged.

I will say the southwest prairie gets exposed.

Five teams qualified
JTWest vs LWE
OE v SCE
Oswego v NN
Plainfield N Andrew
Minooka v NND

I think only PNN is the clear favorite of the five. With no non-con games, this is a tough conference to gauge,

The Southwest Prairie seems to be better than some expected going 3-2 over the weekend.

Minooka beats Niles Notre Dame.
PN beats Andrew.
Oswego beats Naperville North.
Oswego East (missing their best player) close loss to a good St. Charles East team.
Joliet West, well, no one's beating LWE.

Reactions: USD24
The DVC was not overvalued. Playing in a tough conference gives you more losses then playing in a conference with 4 easy games. More losses means tough early playoff draws. GBN and LP were four loss teams that got top ten teams to play. NN got a team ranked higher then them that plays in a closed conference and thus probably should have been ranked much higher. Losing to higher ranked team isn’t overvalued. It is just tough playoff draws. Lyons and Huntley were disappointing because of who they lost to. The DVC teams that had lower ranked opponents won.

I’m right there with ya Falcon!!

My only concern is the NN loss to Oswego. I think that was a bad one. Not because they lost, but because of the way they lost (offense was held to 14 pts. No one in the DVC did that to them except GBN with basically a D1 back 4). If Oswego can do that to them, yikes! Doesn’t bode well for NC’s future playoff outlook moving into next week and beyond. That said - I don’t think it means much for Wheaton North as it seems most of the pass heavy teams reside in 8A this year versus 7A.

Bottom line - need Wheaton North and NC to power thru to the Quarters!!! If you both make it - that’s a decent statement for both the individual teams and the DVC. If the DVC does not get a team into the quarters - yikes not good. I think that has only happened once in the history of the DVC.....

Last edited:
Upstate 8 Valley - o for? = Dumpster fire?

U8 Valley 0-2.

Not sure you can stay dumpster fire. They had to play palatine and Nap Central and were respectable in both games.

Quite frankly, West stayed must closer to Central than I would have expected.

U8 Valley 0-2.

Not sure you can stay dumpster fire. They had to play palatine and Nap Central and were respectable in both games.

Quite frankly, West stayed must closer to Central than I would have expected.

I saw part of the WA/NC game. NC took their foot off the gas some to help it be as respectable as a 35-14 game can be.

Didn’t see anything of the Palatine S Elgin game but anytime a 5/4 or 6/3 team beats an 8-1 team 24-3 and the other team is not in the CPS - you have to wonder. Another thread is talking about that as we speak. CPS teams getting crapped on as high seeds that lose and suburban schools with high seeds in questionable conferences avoiding that same scorn.... think this might be an example of that?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT