ADVERTISEMENT

WSC Pick 'Em Playoff Week 2

RD_Watcher

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2019
Week 1 was a strong showing for the West Suburban Conference. Only one team ended their season - Downers Grove South.

This week has some very intriguing match-ups, and some relatively long trips for a couple of schools. Willowbrook will travel north of Rockford to take on Hononegah (I don't know if I pronounce that correctly in my head); and Glenbard West will head south to Edwardsville.

I see all but 1 of the WSC games as being very competitive, there is only 1 game (in my opinion) that can be the WSC game of the week - the rematch of LT vs. York. These two played in week 8, with York walking away with a 24 - 14 victory. I'm sure this Saturday in Western Springs will be even more electric than 3 weeks ago.

On a seperate but related observation - the Silver division is guarenteed at least 1 team in the quarterfinals.

Playoff Round 2
7A - Addison Trail (7-3) vs. Glenbard East (9-1)
7A - Downers Grove North (8-2) @ Hersey (10-0)
7A - Willowbrook (8-2) @ Hononegah (10-0)
8A - Glenbard West (8-2) @ Edwardsville (9-1)
8A - York (9-1) @ Lyons Township (7-3)

Thanks again for work on these threads RD!

Glenbard East - GE should roll
Downers Grove North - Young Lansu has a day
Glenbard West - Hilltoppers travel well
Lyons Township - LT avenges the earlier loss

And my Willowbrook Warriors on the road in another close one! While they are 10-0, Hononegah only plays conference games and their week 10 opponent was their week 9 opponent and so beating a team by 28 away and then playing them again the next week at home makes for some pretty good odds to win that game. I’m predicting a knockdown-drag-out game and the Warriors pull out a gritty win 24-17. Can’t wait to watch this game!!!

Reactions: RD_Watcher
Week 1 was a strong showing for the West Suburban Conference. Only one team ended their season - Downers Grove South.

This week has some very intriguing match-ups, and some relatively long trips for a couple of schools. Willowbrook will travel north of Rockford to take on Hononegah (I don't know if I pronounce that correctly in my head); and Glenbard West will head south to Edwardsville.

I see all but 1 of the WSC games as being very competitive, there is only 1 game (in my opinion) that can be the WSC game of the week - the rematch of LT vs. York. These two played in week 8, with York walking away with a 24 - 14 victory. I'm sure this Saturday in Western Springs will be even more electric than 3 weeks ago.

On a seperate but related observation - the Silver division is guarenteed at least 1 team in the quarterfinals.

Playoff Round 2
Glenbard East
Hersey
Hononegah
York
Edwardsville

And my Willowbrook Warriors on the road in another close one! While they are 10-0, Hononegah only plays conference games and their week 10 opponent was their week 9 opponent and so beating a team by 28 away and then playing them again the next week at home makes for some pretty good odds to win that game. I’m predicting a knockdown-drag-out game and the Warriors pull out a gritty win 24-17. Can’t wait to watch this game!!!
That's good intel on Hononegah. I hereby change my pick in this game to Willowbrook.

Playoff Round 2
Glenbard East
Hersey
Hononegah
Edwardsville
York

Glenbard East is facing down some suspensions from the brawl last week. It should be interesting to see who is forced to sit and how that changes things.

Glenbard East (9-1)
7A - Downers Grove North (8-2)
@ Hononegah (10-0)
Edwardsville (9-1)
Lyons Township (7-3)

Woof. A confounding day to say the least. My Warriors looked like a completely different team. On their heels and a multitude of penalties. Just not what we have enjoyed watching from this program the last ten years. Humbled.

Good luck to Hononegah the rest of their journey and to all the teams that have advanced. See you next year!!

Shame on the IHSA as well, awful officiating crew at the York vs Lyons game. Multiple mistakes that were bad as a fan live, even worse now that my friend has sent them to me on video

Woof. A confounding day to say the least. My Warriors looked like a completely different team. On their heels and a multitude of penalties. Just not what we have enjoyed watching from this program the last ten years. Humbled.

Good luck to Hononegah the rest of their journey and to all the teams that have advanced. See you next year!!
I was surprised. I know Hononegah is usually a decent team but this was kind of one sided.

Well get on the Warriors Volleyball express. 39-1 and will play 38-2 Benet Academy Friday night in the 4A Semi-Finals at ISU. I watched WBrook dismantle Joliet West Friday night in the Bolingrook Super Sectional and they brought it!

My apologies for the late wrap-up....

Week 2 of the playoffs featured 5 games with WSC members, with 9 esteemed members of the this forum making predictions. As a board we were 27-18 for a 60% correct selection rate. The game we were most correct was Glenbard East over Addison Trail in 7A. Conversely, we were most wrong in the Hersey vs. DGN game, with only 33% correctly selecting DGN.

5 of us went 4-1 - @brucealmighy, @Fishwater41, @LakeCtyNewt, @Panthers1211, and @Alexander32. We had 3 at 2-3 - @stl705, @RD_Watcher and @WBWarriorWatcher. Unfortunetly, we did have one selecter in the bottom postion with at 1-4 record for the week - @MS4EVER.

Much congratulations to Addison Trail, finsihing the season at 7-4; Willowbrook, finishing the season at 8-3; Glenbard West, finishing at 8-3; and Lyons Township, finishing at 7-4. The LT vs. York game may have been the best game I've seen in the WSC in many years.

On to 2 games for next week.

Reactions: WBWarriorWatcher
I was surprised. I know Hononegah is usually a decent team but this was kind of one sided.

Well get on the Warriors Volleyball express. 39-1 and will play 38-2 Benet Academy Friday night in the 4A Semi-Finals at ISU. I watched WBrook dismantle Joliet West Friday night in the Bolingrook Super Sectional and they brought it!
Yes Sir! Hoping the Volleyball team can keep the mojo rolling!

The football team had a great season, but a very puzzling finish. Just didn’t see it coming, much less a shutout. We’ll just have to recharge with volleyball and the winter and spring seasons and be ready for next fall!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT