ADVERTISEMENT

What conference gets exposed this weekend?

mc140

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
What highly respected conference has a poor showing in round one?

DVC?
CCL Blue?
SWS?
WSC-SIlver?

Other?

I don’t know if the DVC gets exposed it’s a bunch of solid teams with no great teams this year and the draws didn’t do them any favors. Even if they go 1-4 I wouldn’t say they were exposed.

I picked them to go 2-3 this weekend while most in the DVC thread have the conference at 3-2 so I don’t think expectations are real high to begin with.

I don’t know if the DVC gets exposed it’s a bunch of solid teams with no great teams this year and the draws didn’t do them any favors. Even if they go 1-4 I wouldn’t say they were exposed.

I think the term was poor showing which is a little different than exposed.

I think the NSC comes out this weekend well.

Lz
Stevie
Lf all look promising

Warren a possible
Libby could be a tough one

Interested to see how the MSL does this weekend

Obviously one east team will get through. I think BG Barrington and Palatine move on

Hoffman is a toss up

I expect the central suburban north to be done with football by the end of the weekend.

Also the upstate eight valley but that is more because West Aurora and South Elgin got horrible draws

I am curious about the CCL with 12 teams qualifying. Not sure they get that many in each year and all will be a tough out.

Most seem to have somewhat favorable draws.

I will say the southwest prairie gets exposed.

Five teams qualified
JTWest vs LWE
OE v SCE
Oswego v NN
Plainfield N Andrew
Minooka v NND

I think only PNN is the clear favorite of the five. With no non-con games, this is a tough conference to gauge,

I picked them to go 2-3 this weekend while most in the DVC thread have the conference at 3-2 so I don’t think expectations are real high to begin with.
The DVC is going 4-1 this weekend promise

Reactions: FalconPadre
Not trying to sidetrack the thread but when was the last time a CSL South team advanced deeper than MS? More of a hoops conference.

Not trying to sidetrack the thread but when was the last time a CSL South team advanced deeper than MS? More of a hoops conference.

Occams toothbrush is a solid name. I'm not fond of the razor.

Been a long while since the other CSL-S teams have gone far, not sure how long though.

Reactions: kitty_bintingot
South Suburban Conference could be in Rnd 1 trouble, aside from 1st game?
  • Lemont/Woodstock N.
  • Hillcrest/Peoria
  • Tinley Park/Washington
  • Richards/Provi
  • Eisenhower/Normal W.
  • TF South/Danville
  • Shepard/Marmion

Reactions: mullin17
I have the DVC going 3-2 this weekend, but a 2-3 or worse finish would not surprise.

Then again, I've been picking the DVC at a measely 53% this season so what do I know?

Reactions: Anomalyout28
Gotta think WSS will be at least 2-2 with one toss up. GW and LT should win. DGN and OPRF will get beat. I think Stevenson knocks out HC in a close one.

3A Sangamon Valley schools even sniffing a win - when 2A Clifton Central dominated both, what would real 3A schools do. Paxton lost to Central, who Herscher destroyed. And Peotone beat Herscher last week.

And at least I don't see Watseka whining like Paxton did last year when IC goes running clock before halftime...

RB needs to go back to playing Naz, Lemont and Metemora non-conference. Shouldn't lose 35-10 to a 5-4 when you are 8-1.

This is not going to cut it:

Aug 25 7:30 W 33 0 A Berwyn-Cicero (Morton) 1-8 Stadium
Sep 1 7:15 W 43 21 A Wauconda 2-7
I agree.I’m myself am disappointed in the majority of the ex Sica schools in the playoffs.They fattened up vs CPS schools for the most part & looked poor against 5-4 & other teams in the 1st round.I expected much better from TF South,Shepard,Crete Monee,Bolingbrook,Shepard,Andrew & others.

Reactions: mullin17
777, that's been plain to see especially from the non-Lemont SSC...they were a pick' em in many recent years against Hubbard and MP.

I think the NSC comes out this weekend well.

Lz
Stevie
Lf all look promising

Warren a possible
Libby could be a tough one

Interested to see how the MSL does this weekend

Obviously one east team will get through. I think BG Barrington and Palatine move on

Hoffman is a toss up

MSL is 4 for 5 so far, and the 1 loss was inevitable because Hersey was playing Rolling Meadows. Barrington, Palatine, Hersey and Buffalo Grove all won, Hoffman Estates and Schaumburg yet to play tonight. If I had to guess HE gets thru and Saxons do not because they drew LZ...but that would be 5 out of 7.

If Barrington and Palatine win next week...it would set up a quarterfinal rematch at Palatine.

Fox Valley......Huntley, Jacobs and Crystal Lake Central (beat by PR) all get knocked out in the first round. Now the Fox Valley plays each other again next week with Cary-Grove/PR matchup.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT