ADVERTISEMENT

Week 3 Pick Em: East St Louis at St. John Bosco (CA)

So who wins Week 3

• East St. Louis

Votes: 18 32.1%
  • St. John Bosco (CA)

Votes: 38 67.9%

• Total voters
After watch film on Bosco they are not the Bosco of the past not saying they are not good, They are but I do not feel they are the number 1 team in the country good. Defensively the front four will bring it really good pass rush, , they keep a safety over the top making it kinda of hard to throw deep, not impossible but still could happen. They play 2 qb's #4 pocket passer and # 10 Athlete, the Rb's are are good #6 is fast and # 28 is the power back wr will catch the ball when thrown their way. The Flyers can keep it close but they will have to play so ball, 1. Defense Defense Defense must play exceptionally well make the tackle, Db's will be tested early and often. 2 No mistake that means flags and turnovers. 3) Offensive line you will earn your 4 and 5 star rating so block block block, Also give Mr battle time to throw. Slants and crossing route will be open. 4) I know Qb Battle is a little banged up but hopefully he will come out of the soph funk and have a good game. Overall I think some of the Chicago Elite can complete against Bosco. Just my opinion. If the Flyers do those things It will be closer then people think.

Last edited:
I've never seen ESL play inspired football. Tough and talented, yes, but not inspired.
Well I would I would say the Flyers should certainly be the more inspired team here.
They have everything to gain with the game, while I imagine Bosco probably is looking at it as one of the easiest games on their schedule(no offense to the Flyers, just an amazing schedule for Bosco). Even if they win by 50, Bosco doesn't have much, if anything, to gain.
But if East Side even just keeps it close? They win over a bunch of respect for holding their own against the best of the best. That's not even mentioning how much a Flyers' win would mean.

I don't deny they that got up higher for Rita than they did for Mt. Carmel, at least in the three games I have seen: the 1988 title game and the quarterfinals in '17 and '18. I don't mean to disparage ESL, but it's hard to beat Rita-Carmel for inspired football.

Wont even be close. Just a different level of talent, and Bosco's line is just as good if not better than East Sides. And they have studs all over the field at every position. And Bosco has the speed advantage too. Bosco wins by 30.

I watched the Bosco/Amat game yesterday. Have to say they looked good, but definitely didnt live up to the hype. Amat with a little more offensive prowess wouldve been in that game.

Also, not sure what "inspired" means. Sounds like some silly 💩 to me. They look inspired every time I see them.

I don't deny they that got up higher for Rita than they did for Mt. Carmel, at least in the three games I have seen: the 1988 title game and the quarterfinals in '17 and '18. I don't mean to disparage ESL, but it's hard to beat Rita-Carmel for inspired football.
What is inspired football?

ESL fans - any chance that the ESL o line can just wear down the Bosco front 7? Take some of the air out of the ball and just try to run on them as much as possible. If ESL can run the ball, it’ll keep the Bosco offense on the sidelines and keep it close.

As Rick Moranis taught us in Little Giants… if they play this game 100 times, Bosco might win 99 of them; but all you need is that 1 time!

Bosco by as much as they want. Schools like Bosco and Santa Ana Mater Dei are essentially mini IMG's out in California. They're a Southern California All-Star team. Case in point: Bryce Young's hometown on the Alabama roster is listed as Pasedena. That's about 50 miles north of Mater Dei HS.

Last edited:
Frick, I've got tickets for Cardinals-Reds on Friday night, and there is no way I can get out of going as it is a meet up planned well before the Birds went down the crapper. Maybe the Reds will blow them out early so I can bail and get home in time for kickoff.

• Wow
Reactions: crusader_of_90
Frick, I've got tickets for Cardinals-Reds on Friday night, and there is no way I can get out of going as it is a meet up planned well before the Birds went down the crapper. Maybe the Reds will blow them out early so I can bail and get home in time for kickoff.
I'm traveling back from Nashville that afternoon - O'Hare by 3:00, Old Irving by 4:00 and then The Unforgettable Bar by 5:00.

Bosco by as much as they want. Schools like Bosco and Santa Ana Mater Dei are essentially mini IMG's out in California. They're a Southern California All-Star team. Case in point: Bryce Young's hometown on the Alabama roster is listed as Pasedena. That's about 50 miles north of Mater Dei HS.
The Flyers are also pretty much an Allstar team made up of some of the best players from both sides of the river in the St. Louis area. Bosco is obviously in a much bigger area and CA high school football has a reputation for being some of the best in the country, but that makes this game one to look forward to. I for one, am pretty excited to see how some of the best kids from the St. Louis area representing IL and Mo stack up against some of the best representing southern Ca. Bosco is favored and rightfully so, but I have a feeling that the Flyers will be competitive in this one. Now the game against IMG does have me a little concerned for the Flyers though...

Reactions: Gene K.
After watch film on Bosco they are not the Bosco of the past not saying they are not good, They are but I do not feel they are the number 1 team in the country good. Defensively the front four will bring it really good pass rush, , they keep a safety over the top making it kinda of hard to throw deep, not impossible but still could happen. They play 2 qb's #4 pocket passer and # 10 Athlete, the Rb's are are good #6 is fast and # 28 is the power back wr will catch the ball when thrown their way. The Flyers can keep it close but they will have to play so ball, 1. Defense Defense Defense must play exceptionally well make the tackle, Db's will be tested early and often. 2 No mistake that means flags and turnovers. 3) Offensive line you will earn your 4 and 5 star rating so block block block, Also give Mr battle time to throw. Slants and crossing route will be open. 4) I know Qb Battle is a little banged up but hopefully he will come out of the soph funk and have a good game. Overall I think some of the Chicago Elite can complete against Bosco. Just my opinion. If the Flyers do those things It will be closer then people think.

Hey Flyer,
Not to nit pick but Bosco is not the #1 team they are #3. Mater Dei is #1 followed by IMG #2. In any case I get where your saying. Wishing them the best in this game. 👍💪

Reactions: flyerforlife
Well I would I would say the Flyers should certainly be the more inspired team here.
They have everything to gain with the game, while I imagine Bosco probably is looking at it as one of the easiest games on their schedule(no offense to the Flyers, just an amazing schedule for Bosco). Even if they win by 50, Bosco doesn't have much, if anything, to gain.
But if East Side even just keeps it close? They win over a bunch of respect for holding their own against the best of the best. That's not even mentioning how much a Flyers' win would mean.
If you think Bosco is looking at this as one of their easier games then you have no idea about CIF football. If you think for one second that they have a team flying in from the otherside of the country to play them is going to be an easy win you are crazy. They are not going to take ESL lightly nor should they. ESL will bring their best and Illinois will be proud!

Reactions: Formicidae13
Sounds like some vague woo type explanation of "inspired". It would be interesting to see who has played "inspired" and what games those were. Probably looks like some regular performance we see hundreds of times per weekend for 9 weeks, then dozens of times in the playoffs.

If you think Bosco is looking at this as one of their easier games then you have no idea about CIF football. If you think for one second that they have a team flying in from the otherside of the country to play them is going to be an easy win you are crazy. They are not going to take ESL lightly nor should they. ESL will bring their best and Illinois will be proud!
Just want to clarify that I meant that it would be one of the easier games on their schedule, not that the Flyers will be easy to beat. No teams on their schedule are easy to beat

Reactions: corey90
Sounds like some vague woo type explanation of "inspired". It would be interesting to see who has played "inspired" and what games those were. Probably looks like some regular performance we see hundreds of times per weekend for 9 weeks, then dozens of times in the playoffs.
Bones, you beat me to it. I’m curious to know what ESL games (of the few that he’s seen) displayed a lack of inspiration? And as you’ve suggested, what games/teams have “Inspired” written all over them?

Bones, you beat me to it. I’m curious to know what ESL games (of the few that he’s seen) displayed a lack of inspiration? And as you’ve suggested, what games/teams have “Inspired” written all over them?

Inspired seems like it’s the wrong word. I doubt any team going to battle isn’t inspired.

Definitely never doubt the Flyers as they definitely don't duck anyone when it comes to scheduling. They're the epitome of the play anyone, anytime, and anywhere mantra. However I do begin to wonder when that dip in enrollment begins to eventually catch up to them? Down about 400 kids in a decade if the IHSA numbers were correct. Best of luck to ESL versus Bosco

Definitely never doubt the Flyers as they definitely don't duck anyone when it comes to scheduling. They're the epitome of the play anyone, anytime, and anywhere mantra. However I do begin to wonder when that dip in enrollment begins to eventually catch up to them? Down about 400 kids in a decade if the IHSA numbers were correct. Best of luck to ESL versus Bosco
You hit it right on the Head with this one! They will play anybody, best of luck to this, it’s good to see a little Illinois on the West Coast.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT