ADVERTISEMENT

WB6 and TRAC week 9

Swansa01

Gold Member
Aug 10, 2017
Geez, the last week already?? Some teams have already punched their ticket to play a 10th game. For other teams, this will be it for them. For 3 teams, this is week 1 of the playoffs. Good luck to all the programs this week and it's been fun following a long.

WB6

United Township over Galesburg: Two teams looking forward to basketball season, but I think UT wants to end its season on a high note more than the Silver Streaks do. A UT win would once again leave fans and players wondering about a week 10 if they had only been able to bring it against Rock Island week 6…

Playoff outlook: Both are out

Geneseo over Rock Island: Geneseo got pretty knocked around last week against Quincy while Rocky raised some eyebrows by putting a nail in Sterling’s season. Rocky will be a tough nut, but I think Geneseo rights the ship at home and wins a low scoring contest to enter the playoffs on a high note.

Playoff outlook: Geneseo is in and looking for a higher seed. Rocky is out.

Moline over Sterling: Moline needs this one to get to 5 wins. Sterling can play spoiler since they can no longer make the playoffs. The game is in Sterling, but how motivated are the Golden Warriors after last week? Moline takes this one to punch their ticket to week 10.

Playoff outlook: Moline needs the win to get to 5 wins. Sterling is out.

Quincy over Mahomet-Seymour: Don’t know a whole lot about M-S, but Quincy is playing good football, is at home, and has a chance to go unbeaten. Give me the Blue Devils.

Playoff outlook: Both are in.

TRAC

Princeton over Hall: Tune up game for the Tiger going into the playoffs. Get in, get the running clock going, get the starters out. Princeton wins big.

Playoff outlook: Princeton is in. Hall is out.

Newman over Mendota: One more week for Newman to figure out something more on offense before the playoffs start. Mendota has had a rough season, but will put in one more good effort for the seniors. Newman wins by several scores though to help their seeding.

Playoff outlook: Newman is in. Mendota is out.

Kewanee over Aurora CC: A good game for the Boilermakers to fine tune a few things for week 10 and make sure they have a home game round 1. Despite having 3 wins, ACC is not a very good team and the Boilermakers should have little trouble getting the running clock.

Playoff outlook: Kewanee is in. ACC is out.

Bureau Valley over Morrison: Ok, a bit of a “I want it to happen” pick, but BV has been playing good, tough football and sits at 4-4. If the team comes into the game ready and hungry to get that 5th win, and maybe catch the Mustangs looking past them to week 10…the upset could happen. In reality, Morrison has too much talent and size, but week 9 is the best time to make your post season dreams happen. Give me the Storm by 1 to make it to the playoffs!

Playoff outlook: Morrison is in. BV needs to win to get to 5 wins.

Orion over Riverdale: It’s been a rough season for both teams, so this game will be about the seniors and trying to let them go out with a win. The Chargers will prove the better team in this match up.

Playoff outlook: Both are out.

Rockridge over Erie-Prophetstown: EP has been playing very well the past 3 weeks and would love to end the season on a high note. Rockridge is just on another level though, which they showed in knocking off Morrison last week. This one won’t be a total blow out, but Rockridge wins comfortably by three scores.

Playoff outlook: EP is out. Rockridge is in.

Monmouth-Roseville over Sherrard: a bit of the drama of this game was taken out by Sherrard losing last week to fall to 5 losses, but this one should still be a good one as two decent teams hammer at each other. MR needs to win this one to get to 5 wins and I have never seen Sherrard not play hard in any game. MR wins a close one to get it’s 5th win.

Playoff outlook: MR needs to win to get to 5 wins. Sherrard is out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT