ADVERTISEMENT

Week 8 WB6 and TRAC

Swansa01

Gold Member
Aug 10, 2017
WB6

Moline over Galesburg: Moline put themselves in crisis mode after losing to UT last week. Galesburg picked up a nice win over a Rocky team that I thought was improving. While Galesburg has a chance to play the spoiler role, they have to travel to the Quad Cities and play a Maroons team that needs this win for a play off chance. Moline finds a way.

Sterling over Rock Island: Sterling showed the type of team it always could be in last weeks close loss to Quincy. Rocky got smothered by Galesburg. Now Sterling travels to the Quad Cities to create survival game number 2 to be played in that area. If we see the Sterling team that showed up against Quincy, I think they win this one comfortably. If not, I still think they win, but it’s a nailbiter.

Quincy over Geneseo: For all the conference marbles! Quincy is coming off a close win over Sterling where its started hot but the offense was shut out in the second half and the defense showed cracks giving up 5 touchdowns. Quincy was also hit by the turnover bug that game. Geneseo’s defense has been lock down all season long and this will be a very good test for it. Also, outside of 1 game, the Green Machine has put up yards and points. This this will be a good ole slugfest where Quincy jumps out to an early lead and then hangs on. I think this will be a 1 or 2 point game.

United Township gets the forfeit win and is probably kicking themselves for losing to Rock Island which would have put them at 4-4 going into the last week.

TRAC

Princeton over Mendota: Over by halftime and Princeton’s jv kids get some playing time.

Rockridge over Hall: Rockridge got a huge win last week beating Morrison on the road. Hall got handled by Newman and needs to win out to play in week 10. Sadly won’t happen though as the Rockets take care of business and win comfortably.

Kewanee over Newman: Two one loss teams going at it. Newman has a super defense and discovered some offense last week. Kewanee can score from anywhere on the field and also has a very good defense. Newman’s defense will (again) keep them in the game, but the Boilermakers will be too much for a tough, well fought game.

Bureau Valley over Aurora Central Catholic: Both teams are at 4 losses and need this one to have a chance week 9. BV has played tough all season long and their ability to play defense gives them the edge in this one and a week 9 showdown with Morrison.

Morrison over Riverdale: A bad Riverdale team gets an angry Morrison team…nothing to see here.

Monmouth-Roseville over Orion: Orion is a tough team, but MR is playing for it’s season. MR wins by a touchdown.

Sherrard over Erie-Prophetstown: Sherrard refuses to let their season end in week 8. EP has been playing better the past few weeks, but Sherrard has too much grit and weapons in the passing game.

Sorry man, I have to disagree again, I think Quincy beats Geneseo by 3 scores
Other than that, it all sounds good.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT