ADVERTISEMENT

WB6 and TRAC week 4 look ahead

Swansa01

Gold Member
Aug 10, 2017
WB6 Week 4 Look ahead

Sterling over Galesburg: Sterling got a tough win last week and should be trending in the right direction now. Galesburg took a long bus ride to Indiana which did not end well for them. Now the Silver Streaks are being asked to rebound from all that and take a trip to Sterling? Sorry, but nope. Golden Warriors win another tough game.

Quincy over Moline: The Maroons are looking to rebound from their week 3 loss to Geneseo where they had trouble stopping the run. Now they get a Quincy team that is firing on all cylinders and can hurt you on the ground and the air. Quincy has also looked impressive on the defensive side of the ball. Despite the long bus ride to Quincy, Moline will play their hearts out to try an avoid a 1-3 record…but I think the Blue Devils overwhelm them after halftime.

Rock Island over Sterling Newman: 6A vs 1A? Sure, why not. Sterling Newman is tough as they come small school wise, but have had a lot of trouble generating points. Rocky is simply bigger and faster and it will show as Rocky will get it’s first win of the year.

Geneseo over United Township: UT has looked a lot better this year compared to last year, but they cant seem to put a complete game together. Geneseo has been a team on a mission this season, knocking off Moline last week being the current high point. UT will give the Leafs a tough game, but in the end, Geneseo will be ringing their victory bell.

TRAC Week 4 Look ahead

Kewanee over Bureau Valley: Both teams are coming off of good wins last week. BV plays super solid defense and tried to grind you down with run. Kewanee throws it a bit more and their defense is coming off back to back shut outs. I think this will be a low scoring affair with the Boilermakers edging out the Storm by the end of the game.

Rock Island over Sterling Newman: Already covered this one above. My hope for this game is both teams come out injury free so they can get back to focusing on conference play.

Hall over Mendota: Mendota has been a mess of a program this season, getting outscored 151 to 8. Hall has been up and down this season, recently coming off a 18-8 loss to BV. Hall will be looking to get their passing game back on track. They should find a lot of success against a down Trojans squad. Hall wins big.

Princeton over Orion: Princeton rebounded nicely last week, blanking Sterling Newman and will now face an Orion team seeking to right the ship after an unpleasant meeting with Morrison. Orion has the size upfront to match the Tigers, but I do not think they have the speed. I think this will be a close, back and forth game that Princeton pulls out in the 4th quarter.

Morrison over Erie-Prophetstown: Morrison is scary this season. They smother on defense and they overwhelm with speed on offense. EP has yet to find a lot of success on the field offense wise. I think Morrison takes care of business and starts the running clock by the early 3rd quarter.

Monmouth-Roseville over Riverdale: MR has been in gear since getting blown out week 1. Their ability to run the ball has played a huge part in that. Riverdale…well…it’s been a rough re-introduction to varsity football and sadly it does not get any easier this well. MR get the running clock going by halftime.

Rockridge over Sherrard: Sherrard has the sad distinction of being that team that is super tough and is right there in ever game…but just can’t find the win. Til last week of course when they beat Warrensburg-Latham. Rockridge has been back to doing Rockridge things since their loss week 1, running and throwing the ball with great success against Riverdale. This will be a close, hard fought game, but I think the Rockets of Rockridge are just a little bit better.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT