ADVERTISEMENT

Way Way Way to early CCL, ESCC Predictions

Southland Fan 2016

Oct 13, 2016
What are early thoughts on CCL and ESCC. In the CCL obviously LA is always strong, SR lost big time athlete in Jake Zylman, and BR was a very young team in 2017 looking for come back year. Could be interesting.

In the ESCC both Marist and Naz had great regular season in 2017 where NAZ made a nice playoff run and Marist ran into a tough LA team. Naz returns there stud Love, while Marist loses ALOT on defense, but return alot of there best offensive skill position players from a year ago in Markett Skalitski, and Jadon Thompson. Losing three year stating RB Harrell could hurt Redhawks as well but I believe they had a decent younger classes.

In the ESCC, I'd go:

Naz
Marist
ND
Benet
JCA
Pat's
Carmel
Viator
Marian Central
Marian Catholic

Way way way too early

Way too early. We're still in early-to-mid Grilling Season now. My rankings:

1. Steaks, ribeye or New York, salt-and-pepper seasoning with roasted potatoes.
  2. Chicken breast, garlic-and-herb seasoning
  3. Chicken legs " " "
  4. BBQ pork ribs, Memphis sauce
Probably need to work some more greens in there, maybe corn on the cob. Any salad with Vidalia onions is top-notch.

3. Chicken legs " " "
Probably need to work some more greens in there, maybe corn on the cob. Any salad with Vidalia onions is top-notch.
Chicken breasts are way too high here. I feel like they lose head to head against everyone below them.

I’m a Naz guy and think very highly of this team but after the beatdown Marist gave Naz last year they’re the favorite until they’re not. I’ll come back and post my thoughts later. Gotta look at schedules etc.

Chicken breasts are way too high here. I feel like they lose head to head against everyone below them.

Yes, but they can be used in a Caesar salad and chicken salad for lunch the next day. Went with pork tenderloin yesterday.

I know it's early, but I am confident that Rambler will win the Blue and Caravan will win the Green. I agree with pjjp that the La Grange Park Roadrunner has the edge in the tough ESCC.

Reactions: Bowie50
Mainly, based on a lack of numbers in the program.
I don't know a ton about them yet. I know numbers are a definite problem, but they do return Thor who is receiving a good amount of FCS offers, with one MAC and one D2 offer. Kramer returns who I believe was their best DB last year. They return 3 of their 5 starters on the OL. Depending on what they do at QB, they should have their 2 top receivers back in Radcliffe and Riccardi, unless Riccardi makes the transition to QB. In the backfield they will have Rogers who got some time last year and his tape looks pretty good. Just from looking at the roster it looks like defensively they have lost a lot. Not super surprised by that, the recent graduating class has kind of carried the varsity the past two seasons, while they were juniors and seniors.

I don't know a ton about them yet. I know numbers are a definite problem, but they do return Thor who is receiving a good amount of FCS offers, with one MAC and one D2 offer. Kramer returns who I believe was their best DB last year. They return 3 of their 5 starters on the OL. Depending on what they do at QB, they should have their 2 top receivers back in Radcliffe and Riccardi, unless Riccardi makes the transition to QB. In the backfield they will have Rogers who got some time last year and his tape looks pretty good. Just from looking at the roster it looks like defensively they have lost a lot. Not super surprised by that, the recent graduating class has kind of carried the varsity the past two seasons, while they were juniors and seniors.
I think you will see a lot of two way starters. Radcliffe and Kramer will be the starting wide outs, I would think. I think they will be pretty good on offence. Like you said the defense loss quite a bit. Last year the defense really carried them towards the end of the season when they had to win out to get into the playoffs. The upset game against ND was awesome! The defense played lights out that night. The defense also played great in the Sterling game. They shut Sterling down four times in the red zone only giving up three points in the first half.

Reactions: DCH88

3. Chicken legs " " "

Ignazio,

List is on point but forgot ka-bobs... cube up chicken, add green/red bell peppers, red onion and cherry tomatoes. Serve with rice pilaf.

Big fan of the Greek-style seasoning on grilled chicken. From the village, my father-in-law cuts a lemon in half, squeeze out the juice into a bowl with olive oil, oregano and pepper. Stick a fork in the butt end of the squeezed out lemon half. Use the lemon/fork to dip in the lemon juice/oil/seasoning mixture to braise the chicken. Oil will flare up fire from the hot coals and contribute to some nice charring.

Your welcome...

Reactions: ignazio and Quags57
Ignazio,

List is on point but forgot ka-bobs... cube up chicken, add green/red bell peppers, red onion and cherry tomatoes. Serve with rice pilaf.

Big fan of the Greek-style seasoning on grilled chicken. From the village, my father-in-law cuts a lemon in half, squeeze out the juice into a bowl with olive oil, oregano and pepper. Stick a fork in the butt end of the squeezed out lemon half. Use the lemon/fork to dip in the lemon juice/oil/seasoning mixture to braise the chicken. Oil will flare up fire from the hot coals and contribute to some nice charring.

Your welcome...

yeah

I think you will see a lot of two way starters. Radcliffe and Kramer will be the starting wide outs, I would think. I think they will be pretty good on offence. Like you said the defense loss quite a bit. Last year the defense really carried them towards the end of the season when they had to win out to get into the playoffs. The upset game against ND was awesome! The defense played lights out that night. The defense also played great in the Sterling game. They shut Sterling down four times in the red zone only giving up three points in the first half.
New DC in town with some different ideas. Defense should be pretty interesting.

New DC in town with some different ideas. Defense should be pretty interesting.
Yes, I heard about that. A little surprised when I heard that to be honest after watching how the defense played last year. They played some pretty inspiring defense last year I thought, especially when they needed them most. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

3. Chicken legs " " "

Ribeye or filet, otherwise nailed it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT