ADVERTISEMENT

Warrens Defense?

Undercenter3rd1

Nov 19, 2018
What’s the record for least amount of points given up?Looks like Warrens only given up 6 tds all season and playoffs!

In the playoff era, there are numerous teams with 9 shutouts in a season. In the late 70s Joliet Catholic won a championship without giving up a point in the postseason.

Reactions: Gene K.
Congrats to Warren - they had a tough D. However if you watch the entire Rice game there were a couple of plays that Warren's defense didn't stop but rather Rice misfortune. 2 key drops - one WR, one RB where if caught then they were scores. One missed FG kicked into the rear of the snapper. Again Warren was the better team but LWE is going to be a true test. Good luck to the Blue Devils - great atmosphere up there

No defene is perfect... you have 2.5 secs to get ball off ..... therefore balls are slightly under or over thrown. Warren D put pressuee on offenses to have to be near perfect. They get 5-6 hats to ever play ... if you break out you typically you get caught in secondary with their speedy DB's.. The whole year every team says we had a couple opportunities to make plays to score ... listen to you are saying .... on avg an offense get 30-45 plays a game and we are talking about 2-3 chances for a score or have a big play but came away with nothing. At sone point you have to say there are very very dew holes in that HS Defense. Go Warren. Home of six flags !

Reactions: Solid Snake Pliskin
No defene is perfect... you have 2.5 secs to get ball off ..... therefore balls are slightly under or over thrown. Warren D put pressuee on offenses to have to be near perfect. They get 5-6 hats to ever play ... if you break out you typically you get caught in secondary with their speedy DB's.. The whole year every team says we had a couple opportunities to make plays to score ... listen to you are saying .... on avg an offense get 30-45 plays a game and we are talking about 2-3 chances for a score or have a big play but came away with nothing. At sone point you have to say there are very very dew holes in that HS Defense. Go Warren. Home of six flags !
You are too much
I’ve never someone jock a team the way you do

Wait. I thought Warren’s D is perfect. Is it not?

Reactions: krock the house
The interesting stat we figured out the other night after several barley malt beverages and a few more beverages that rhyme with spot, the defense this year has scored more points than it has allowed. 40 points allowed, 60 points scored between touchdowns and safeties. Could be off by a couple, but its kind of a cool stat.

That’s insane. Looking forward to this matchup.
That is insane! Statistically they have to be one of the best defenses in Illinois in the past 30 years. I know the season’s not over, but what does Warren have coming back? First time out of the second round. Do they sustain this success or are we talking Stevenson post 2014...

Last edited:
Reactions: Gene K.
That is insane! Statistically they have to be one of the best defenses in Illinois in the past 30 years. I know the season’s not over, but what does Warren have coming back? First time out of the second round. Do they sustain this success or are we talking Stevenson post 2014...

I think they will be talented next year - 4 defensive starters return. Offensively, the backup QB started 12 games as sophomore so there is experience there. Hard to be as good as this year but I think they will still be pretty solid. Freshman group and sophomore groups both were pretty good. Incoming 8th graders won the youth super bowl for what its worth. Program is in good shape.

I think they will be talented next year - 4 defensive starters return. Offensively, the backup QB started 12 games as sophomore so there is experience there. Hard to be as good as this year but I think they will still be pretty solid. Freshman group and sophomore groups both were pretty good. Incoming 8th graders won the youth super bowl for what its worth. Program is in good shape.

Where did QB #10 come from? He played with a lot of energy. He was a difference maker for your offense.

That TD stat is ridiculous!

Reactions: kitty_bintingot
Good. I like your coach a lot. Plus, Warren's uniforms are the best in the state.

Dude ... I support my team plus I know each kid. Its fun talking because it means nothing I do not care if soneone outside the program does not like Warren ... i help the kids get college money ! That is the end game for most of the kids.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT