ADVERTISEMENT

ICE Week 4

Wilmatucky

Nov 1, 2017
Wilmington
First third of the season is over. I think it is starting to shape up a little but, but there is still room for teams to break out or fall off.

Reed-Custer (1-2) @ Herscher (0-3) - I think it is becoming more evident that RC has fallen a bit since last year and losing their QB doesn't help them climb back to the top, but I do not think Herscher will give them any scares this week. I don't think it's an all out pounding, however it is not close. Look for the Comets to win comfortably even if not by a huge score. RC 35 - Herscher 21

Coal City (2-1) @ Lisle (1-2) - Important game for Lisle here, but I don't think they have enough to beat a CC team that appears to be trending up after a Week 1 loss. I still don't think Lisle is horrible like HHS said in last weeks post, but I do think their playoff chances appearing to be more bleak and especially with a loss this week. Coal City should win with ease. CC 42 - Lisle 16

Manteno (1-2) - @ Streator (1-2) - I considered this for game of the week. Let's call this one the Pride Bowl. Both teams just looking for a reason to walk taller Monday in the school halls. I honestly have no idea how this goes. Manteno barely beat Herscher and in Streator's win this year they scored huge. To add to the complexity, Streator has given up a ton of points in the games lost, while Manteno has only given up some points. Truly a toss up. Give me the home team and the team that put up 74 week 1. Sloppy fun game though. Streator 52 - Manteno 42

Wilmington (2-1) @ Peotone (2-1) - GOTW!! Wilmington is back on track and wants to ride the rest of the season out unscathed. It sounds like the Cats are getting healthy again and it sounds like the double-wing is running on all cylinders. Both teams have important games next week so hopefully neither team gets caught looking forward. Physical sound and pound game. Wilmington 28 Peotone 24

RC over Herscher

Coal City over Lisle

Manteno over Streator

Wilmington over Peotone

Side note: RC QB played last game. Not sure who said their starting qb was out.

Also Peotone playing at a major disadvantage this week. Terrible tragedy. I will leave it at that. I don’t see any way they pull this one out this week.

Boring games this week in a super lightweight 2023 ICE conference. I'll be in New Lenox watching GOTW ... LWC vs LWW. I'll paint the ICE playoff picture just for kicks.

Does Not Get In: Streator, Herscher, Manteno, Lisle
RC and Peotone barely get in and get blown out round 1.
CC gets in and if they get a home game, they'll advance. On the road 50/50.
Wilmington gets in and advances no problem.

The heir apparent QB/jack of all trades (Bradley) from last year suffered an injury in the offseason and has not played yet. From what I’ve heard he will not play this year.

Reactions: siu47
Wilmo
CC
Streator
R-C

Wilmo and CC should win easily. The other two are in doubt, but I’ll take the Vomets and Dogs

What is the status of Streator QB #12? He's a difference maker. Went out in the 2nd quarter vs CC and never returned. they are a different team with him in the game. Good runner and passes well.

RC over Herscher

Coal City over Lisle

Manteno over Streator

Wilmington over Peotone

Also Peotone playing at a major disadvantage this week. Terrible tragedy. I will leave it at that. I don’t see any way they pull this one out this week.
What’s the tragedy?

Thoughts and prayers to the Blue Devil football family. Puts a bunch of kids playing football on a Friday night in perspective.

Reed-Custer (1-2) @ Herscher (0-3) - Braidwood got exposed in the second half by Tone. Herscher plays a tight one with Manteno. I like Braidwood to bounce back but would not be surprised by an upset here. Comets 34 Tigers 28

Coal City (2-1) @ Lisle (1-2) - Coalers played their most physical game last Friday in a beat down of Streator. Lisle got beat up pretty good by the Cats. CC keeps rolling. Coalers 48 Lions 13

Manteno (1-2) - @ Streator (1-2) - Streator got beat up pretty bad by CC. Talented QB and RB didnt make it past halftime. Without those two they are in trouble. Manteno won a close one but I am hearing they have a key injury on the lone. Still like Manteno here. Panthers 34 Bulldogs 21

Wilmington (2-1) @ Peotone (2-1) - GOTW Not sure what to say about thi one with whats going on. Tone had a great win against Braidwood last week. Wilmo did what they do against Lisle. I am taking an upset here just because the Blue Devils need it. Blue Devils 22 Cats 20

Reed- Custer @ Herscher - the Tigers almost got a win last week and Reed-Custer should be out to prove something after the beating they took from Peotone. Should be a really good game and both defenses will have a tough time stopping the opposition . Going with an upset. Herscher 45 Reed-Custer 44

Coal City @ Lisle - Lisle is on the last game of 3 very difficult games and the outcome for this game will be the same. They seem to struggle stooping the run and that is what Coal City does. They have the ability to move the ball but have faced some pretty stout defenses who don’t give up a lot of points. For Coal City each game is a tune up for Wilmington. Coal City 42 Lisle 13

Manteno at Streator - both teams need the win and have had struggles this year. Streator has the best QB in the conference but no weapon’s around him. Manteno seems to have figured the offense out a bit. Similar to the Herscher/RC game, lots of points scored here. Manteno 43 Streator 38

Wilmington at Peotone - two primary run teams and Peotone has put up some yards in every game this season but also allowed more points than usual. Wilmington is continuing to do Wilmington things and is starting to look like the top team in the conference. Peotone has had an emotional week but the game will be a nice way honor the former athlete and provide a distraction from the recent losses for the school and community. Peotone plays their hearts out but falls short. Wilmington 34 Peotone 22

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT