ADVERTISEMENT

Warren

I hear you but go back and look at pass champions..... in most cases how well the top kids perform determine the outcome. Great to say teams and bunch of great kids when win championships. You game plan for that power 5 or elite player because in most casees they will impact the game. If you do not see what happens. Do not need to hate on power 5 kids ... god gave them size, speed, strength, etc. plus a work ethic and ability to perform on big stage. Not sure if Warren will win but many of those kids are going to school for FREE and they deserve it ! I do not hate on great players you respect the work they put in. I know the top BR kids all are great players because I see the work they put in. Watch what teams/ players are doing serious off season workouts and competing against the top kids .... warren has double digit players at every event it is not by coincidence they are having success. At Warren if you are not at 6AM lift you do not play. Its a blue collar + team culture.
Any good program has these elements you just listed
Morning workouts
Attendance at “volunteer workouts”
I appreciate your passion but you seem to keep feeling the need to validate your program.
You guys are good real good. 12-0
You are all set with a good program, I promise

wow ... if they have all that talent why do they so many loses? Have a fun ride to roller coaster land. Stop by portilos on the way ... Gurnee mills will still be open !

wow ... if they have all that talent why do they so many loses? Have a fun ride to roller coaster land. Stop by portilos on the way ... Gurnee mills will still be open !

micahjones
Keep stoking the fire. I hope Rice is reading your posts. I feel like apologizing to the private guys for your behavior.

Brother Rice is walking into Warren with the 3 best football players on the field. Jefferson, Jones, and Shaw & that's just a fact. I would take Rice supporting cast on D over Warrens as well. Roche, Irachi, Big Daddy Denver, and Love. Those kids are tested. What happened last year when they played Rice? Jefferson, Irachi, Roche, Jones all came back... Rice by 100

Warren D hasn't faced a RB like Shaw with that speed. The Soph Qb fast as well. Just ask Minooka
I don’t know if you can find it out there but you should try to watch warrens film on defense,you definitely can stop there offense, but the D is pretty special.

Good schedule ... win the games ... you have a roster of all state players ... remember ! See everyone on Sat.

Everyone is talking about D1 players but...

The number of power 5 players on a team is fine, but it doesn’t determine your team. Warren has been good all year, but you can’t just say you have all D1, D2 players. Look at Rice last year. A team of no power 5 guys, just a bunch of south side catholic boys fighting with each other to defeat the team in front of them. They ran the board from doing their job and their chemistry with each other.

Rice has finally clicked and at the right time too. They are finally playing together, and their defense gives a great example of this. Their offense has a fire and can move the ball now, as shown in the Minooka game. The point is, Power 5 players don’t mean everything. They help yes, but you just need a bunch of kids to do their job and play for each other to win in high school football.
https://fightingillini.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=8748

Question of the week. Will this game be rolling around Feeto’s head Thursday night? Would he call it even if he has a clairvoyant moment during the week? Stay tuned!!

Reactions: crusaderpride
I am going to stay out of this but good luck to both teams. :)

I will make 3 predictions that are about 100% sure to come true:

1) somewhere in the neighborhood of 50% of the posters here making predictions will be disappointed after Saturday.

2) About half the posters in this thread will be wondering Saturday evening "How did that just happen?". Trust me I'm still saying it after the JCA game yesterday.

3) 100% of the posters in this thread who are trying to convince their opposing poster that they are right, will fail to achieve that before game time.

It's Playoff time, enjoy! ;)

This goes to both Warren and Brother Rice...you want to be the best, well you play the best, the rest is all academic.

2 good football programs playing each other makes for a great game from a spectaor side of things. Yay us the spectators!!!.

Reactions: Gene K.
26 against GBN three scores called back
37 against Lake Forest - quarter finalist
31 against Fremd MSL champs
24 against LZ - same that Marist scored
18 against Brook - HF only scored 14 LWE 20

Got anything else?

Newt,
How many pts does Warren O put up if they have an avg defense? Micah Sr has mentioned that you have an amazing punter as well. If your offense gets the ball in favorable field position every series, they would have to be BAD to not be scoring pts.

With that being said, I think BR has the talent to bust a couple. Lausch is special. I don't think Rice gets the shutout, but I'm feeling a 14-10/17-14 Crusader W.

Side note - whoever mentioned the fake punt last season was absolutely right. That game was a bloodbath. Without that, who knows what happens.

Looking forward to Saturday!

Reactions: EstablishTheRun59
Newt,
How many pts does Warren O put up if they have an avg defense? Micah Sr has mentioned that you have an amazing punter as well. If your offense gets the ball in favorable field position every series, they would have to be BAD to not be scoring pts.

With that being said, I think BR has the talent to bust a couple. Lausch is special. I don't think Rice gets the shutout, but I'm feeling a 14-10/17-14 Crusader W.

Side note - whoever mentioned the fake punt last season was absolutely right. That game was a bloodbath. Without that, who knows what happens.

hard to tell. Looking forward to Saturday.

Newt,

Looking forward to Saturday!
I think the game Saturday comes down to whoever makes a play just like this.

I love Mr. Jones’ Portillo’s recommendation. There’s literally one within walking distance of Brother Rice.

O Tooles about 5 min west of stadium - good pizza place in Waukegan about 10 min East of stadium Quonset.

and a Bass Pro!

Micah Jones, thank you for the recommendations!!! And Newt, we don’t have a Bass Pro in the south land unless you want to go to Indiana. As far as talent and battle testing goes, not sure if Warren even came close to who Rice played and throw in the fact that Denver Warren (the name is apropos) is cleared and getting into game shape everyday means your talented bunch will have some hands filled. Jefferson is healthy and now Lausch has added a new and athletic dimension to the offense that was anchored on a legit D1 talent in Shaw. Our record says who we are but our results speak to larger volumes on who we are now.

No disrespecting what Warren HS is and what they bring. This will be a game and one I think will be to epic proportions!!! Unlike the snooze fest that will happen on 115th and Keeler (I kid as that will be epic in its own right). But....respect the opponent and talk what you want. Come Saturday Rice will show something and what they show you may not like. Plus we have better food options where we live and that includes the Six Flags concessions!!!

In all seriousness, a remarkably similar Warren team faced this same CCL team last year. Whether or not their schedule was as tough as Rice’s doesn’t really matter. They know who they are playing and they are the favorite.

If Rice can pull out a victory on Saturday, the Crusaders will have earned the right to crack wise on Warren. Until that happens though, if it even should, best to walk softly and carry a big stick.

Warren will be ready. I imagine Rice will be too. Even the bookmaker won’t touch this one.

Reactions: Bowie50 and Gene K.
Micah Jones, thank you for the recommendations!!! And Newt, we don’t have a Bass Pro in the south land unless you want to go to Indiana. As far as talent and battle testing goes, not sure if Warren even came close to who Rice played and throw in the fact that Denver Warren (the name is apropos) is cleared and getting into game shape everyday means your talented bunch will have some hands filled. Jefferson is healthy and now Lausch has added a new and athletic dimension to the offense that was anchored on a legit D1 talent in Shaw. Our record says who we are but our results speak to larger volumes on who we are now.

No disrespecting what Warren HS is and what they bring. This will be a game and one I think will be to epic proportions!!! Unlike the snooze fest that will happen on 115th and Keeler (I kid as that will be epic in its own right). But....respect the opponent and talk what you want. Come Saturday Rice will show something and what they show you may not like. Plus we have better food options where we live and that includes the Six Flags concessions!!!

There’s a Bass Pro in Bolingbrook. It’s awesome.

Looking forward to Saturday

Does that mean they should be scared? Just trying to gauge the whole good/bad, scary/mean type thing?

BREAKING: calpreps has narrowed the spread down to Warren -13. Down from -14.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT